G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

08 G37S Squeaking from rear driver side???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:15 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
08 G37S Squeaking from rear driver side???

OK Here is the setup, 08 G37S 6MT
KW v3 Coilovers, set fairly low but not super slammed either
20" Wheels w/285/30s in the rear
Fast Intentions Exhaust w/Autokits Diffuser

I noticed yesterday that accellerating from a stop I get a slight squeak in the begining of each gear, for about 2-3 seconds each, and once I get going it goes away, but when I shift and accellerate moderatly again, it comes right back. I have not done any trimming or modding since the wheels, and never noticed it before. They have been on about 2 weeks and the first time I hear the noise was yesterday.

I jacked the car up from the rear, and spun the wheels, and did not hear anything, let the wheels turn at idle in 1st while on jack stands and still no sound.

Am I possibly rubbing something ever so slightly? Is it the brakes/suspension? The noise doesn't sound like it's harming anything, but is sooo annoying. Anyone else heard of this or experienced it first hand?

I am positive it is coming from the rear of the car, and to the best of my knowledge seems to be coming from the back drivers side wheel area. HELP!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the same noise started to notice it about 3 weeks ago, I don't know what the heck it is... I was wondering whether it was the camber kits or something... I got tanabe coils, spc camber kits... the noise is actually very anoying, I thought it was my seat or something... I haven't really tried to find where is it comming from yet... but it really bugs me... I don't know any better way of describing it than the way you did... exact same thing going on here...
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by R34 Eclipse
OK Here is the setup, 08 G37S 6MT
KW v3 Coilovers, set fairly low but not super slammed either
20" Wheels w/285/30s in the rear
Fast Intentions Exhaust w/Autokits Diffuser

I noticed yesterday that accellerating from a stop I get a slight squeak in the begining of each gear, for about 2-3 seconds each, and once I get going it goes away, but when I shift and accellerate moderatly again, it comes right back. I have not done any trimming or modding since the wheels, and never noticed it before. They have been on about 2 weeks and the first time I hear the noise was yesterday.

I jacked the car up from the rear, and spun the wheels, and did not hear anything, let the wheels turn at idle in 1st while on jack stands and still no sound.

Am I possibly rubbing something ever so slightly? Is it the brakes/suspension? The noise doesn't sound like it's harming anything, but is sooo annoying. Anyone else heard of this or experienced it first hand?

I am positive it is coming from the rear of the car, and to the best of my knowledge seems to be coming from the back drivers side wheel area. HELP!
sounds like you're rubbing on your fender liner or bracket. what's the spec's for your wheels?
Old 02-13-2011, 07:48 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
sounds like you're rubbing on your fender liner or bracket. what's the spec's for your wheels?
Went ahead and trimmed a small piece of the fender liner, and it was indeed what it was rubbing. Actually considered that first but it didnt sound anything like what you would expect. Sounded much like metal on metal squeaking, sounded like a family of mice were living in my rear wheel well.

May still need to trim a little because of the way it just hangs in there it scrubs a little more now on dips than it did before. Other than just removing it completley what are the normal methods of trimming, as far as how much and where? I would like to leave as much in there as possible.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by R34 Eclipse
Went ahead and trimmed a small piece of the fender liner, and it was indeed what it was rubbing. Actually considered that first but it didnt sound anything like what you would expect. Sounded much like metal on metal squeaking, sounded like a family of mice were living in my rear wheel well.

May still need to trim a little because of the way it just hangs in there it scrubs a little more now on dips than it did before. Other than just removing it completley what are the normal methods of trimming, as far as how much and where? I would like to leave as much in there as possible.
that's very hard to say, it all depends on how low you are etc. you can try to trim little by little till it's right.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:46 PM
jsawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had some sqeeking that was driving me crazy. I figured that it was the windshield cowl. I go to fix it on Friday and lean against my drivers side fender and I hear it I found the problem, it was a bolt that holds the fender on. I opened the drivers door and the bolt was backed out about 4 turns. I tightend it up and the sound is gone. This may not be your issue, but you may want to check, good luck.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:17 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jsawyer
I had some sqeeking that was driving me crazy. I figured that it was the windshield cowl. I go to fix it on Friday and lean against my drivers side fender and I hear it I found the problem, it was a bolt that holds the fender on. I opened the drivers door and the bolt was backed out about 4 turns. I tightend it up and the sound is gone. This may not be your issue, but you may want to check, good luck.
Going to check on this, itmmay be the same problem im having... I know for a fact mine is not the liner all that is trimmed,.. Thanks for the input....