Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hey guys, couple things my dealer tells me is 'normal'

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
10GNJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, couple things my dealer tells me is 'normal'

I have this rattle in the shift ****. I notice it when in gear and accellerating, it makes a rattle sound similar to a baby rattle. I can replicate the sound by tapping on the top of the **** when its in neutral. The dealer said this is 'normal' and wont fix it.

Secondly, my left exhaust tip is about an inch lower than the right one. It looks ridiculous, but they also told me this is normal and they are all like that.

Accept it, or should I try a different dealership
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
The Jewbag

Just because I hate dealerships, tell the service manager to go f@ck himself and then go to another service department.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Not normal and fairly easy for them to fix. First try escalating your issue at the same dealership. If you spoke to a service writer, go back and tell them you'd like to speak to the service manager about it. If he won't help, talk to the dealership GM. Then call Infiniti consumer affairs.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 10GNJ
Secondly, my left exhaust tip is about an inch lower than the right one. It looks ridiculous, but they also told me this is normal and they are all like that.
Tell him to show you another car in their lot with uneven exhaust tips. If he cannot show you, then ask him why every other car has even exhaust tips but not yours. This is definitely not normal...demand it be fixed.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both are not normal. Escalate the issue like BB said and/or try another dealership, whichever is more convenient.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 PM
patmsb1

I still can't get my dealer to fix the seat belt problem because it's considered to be "Normal" not to fully retract back all the way. I have to manually feed it back so the door doesn't close on it.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 PM
AKG37
Registered Member

Check out this thread for the exhaust (someone else had the same issue):
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...d-exahust.html

I also had this issue and got the exhaust replaced under warranty. It may be "normal" but it is a quality control issue on Nissan's part. And no, the exhaust tips are not adjustable on the coupe.

When this happend to me I checked other cars on the lot (about 8 or 9 cars) and mine was the only one with a crooked exhaust. They seem to be able to get 90% of the exhausts straight.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 PM
10GNJ

Originally Posted by AKG37
Check out this thread for the exhaust (someone else had the same issue):
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...d-exahust.html

I also had this issue and got the exhaust replaced under warranty. It may be "normal" but it is a quality control issue on Nissan's part. And no, the exhaust tips are not adjustable on the coupe.

When this happend to me I checked other cars on the lot (about 8 or 9 cars) and mine was the only one with a crooked exhaust. They seem to be able to get 90% of the exhausts straight.
I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow.

They replaced your whole exhaust because of it??
Old 02-10-2011, 11:33 PM
AKG37
Registered Member

Yes, but that wasn't the only problem and I escalated to the dealer owner. Bought it new and after 2-3 weeks: crooked exhaust, paint peeled on the front fender/bumper, bad sunroof leak....dealer tried to fix it but then just bought it back and let me get another. I paid freight and tax.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:36 PM
10GNJ

Yes, but that wasn't the only problem and I escalated to the dealer owner. Bought it new and after 2-3 weeks: crooked exhaust, paint peeled on the front fender/bumper, bad sunroof leak....dealer tried to fix it but then just bought it back and let me get another. I paid freight and tax.
Mine's a lease so I probly wont go too crazy over it.

Definitely annoys me though.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:03 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen many G37's but I've never seen any with uneven exhaust tips. Thats definitely not normal. They have to fix that.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:29 PM
10GNJ

Here is a shot of mine.

I dont know if this is worth making a stink over. I am having other issues though. The dealership tells me the shifter rattle is normal, but its intermittent so I know getting them to fix that will be a pain. How can I remove the shift **** myself just to take a look? It is coming right from there.

Also, my car has 2500 miles on it. I had an issue with the wipers leaving a giant streak in my field of view since day 1. I brought the car in, they said they replaced the wipers. Nope, same issue. Brought it back again, they said they cleaned the windshield which had some 'stuff' on it, but now its fixed.

Well sure enough, used the washer fluid today and got the same result. Giant streak right in front of my vision.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:02 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I have several things my dealer has told me is normal. The seatbelt, clutch noise, and wind noise to name a few. They have hooked me up with the aluminum door pulls and bottom seat cushion though.
I noticed the other day my side skirts have like a fade from rain dripping down them. I also have a couple on the rear bumper. Only noticeable when looking for it. Is this something they might check out?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:26 PM
AKG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 10GNJ
Here is a shot of mine.

I dont know if this is worth making a stink over. I am having other issues though. The dealership tells me the shifter rattle is normal, but its intermittent so I know getting them to fix that will be a pain. How can I remove the shift **** myself just to take a look? It is coming right from there.

Also, my car has 2500 miles on it. I had an issue with the wipers leaving a giant streak in my field of view since day 1. I brought the car in, they said they replaced the wipers. Nope, same issue. Brought it back again, they said they cleaned the windshield which had some 'stuff' on it, but now its fixed.

Well sure enough, used the washer fluid today and got the same result. Giant streak right in front of my vision.

Here is a DIY for the shift **** (just follow the first couple steps):
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...n-for-5at.html

My wipers do the exact same thing. I opened an investigation with Infiniti Canada and they replaced the windshield and it still streaked! We also tried many different wiper arm assemblies. I checked a lot of the new cars on the lot and they all did the exact same thing, more or less.
I have learned to live with it, but I think it is due to the wiper design.
All of my previous cars had a "frame" type wiper blade and not this one piece type we have. But it is very annoying! I noticed coupe models do it more than sedans.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:28 PM
10GNJ

Here is a DIY for the shift **** (just follow the first couple steps):
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...n-for-5at.html

My wipers do the exact same thing. I opened an investigation with Infiniti Canada and they replaced the windshield and it still streaked! We also tried many different wiper arm assemblies. I checked a lot of the new cars on the lot and they all did the exact same thing, more or less.
I have learned to live with it, but I think it is due to the wiper design.
All of my previous cars had a "frame" type wiper blade and not this one piece type we have. But it is very annoying! I noticed coupe models do it more than sedans.
I have a 6MT.

Thats ridiculous that we should have to deal with that wiper issue. I won't accept that.

Quick Reply: Hey guys, couple things my dealer tells me is 'normal'