G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hey guys, couple things my dealer tells me is 'normal'

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Jamler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer replaced my rattling muffler, but the new one had uneven tips.
> I said; Don't think many would notice, but are the exhaust pipes uneven?'
> Phil - Srvc Mgr, said, we'll order another one and I'll call when its in... Perfect
> Get new muffler. Same...Uneven. But tech torched drivers side and it looks almost perfect now... I like the exhaust so, It'll be there for a while!
THAT is however, a flaw in the calculations on the muffler fab machine.

Originally Posted by 10GNJ
Here is a shot of mine.

I dont know if this is worth making a stink over. I am having other issues though. The dealership tells me the shifter rattle is normal, but its intermittent so I know getting them to fix that will be a pain. How can I remove the shift **** myself just to take a look? It is coming right from there.

Also, my car has 2500 miles on it. I had an issue with the wipers leaving a giant streak in my field of view since day 1. I brought the car in, they said they replaced the wipers. Nope, same issue. Brought it back again, they said they cleaned the windshield which had some 'stuff' on it, but now its fixed.

Well sure enough, used the washer fluid today and got the same result. Giant streak right in front of my vision.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:39 AM
AKG37
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a 6MT.

Thats ridiculous that we should have to deal with that wiper issue. I won't accept that.
Oops didn't know you had a MT. I've seen a removal somewhere around here for that. Just don't have time to find it now.

Hopefully you have beter luck with the wiper issue, they really suck.
They worked better for me after applying rain-x, but there was a lot of wiper chatter.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 AM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vibration in the shifter is normal, but if you have rattle noise that is not. I think everyone with a 6MT has the vibration, I believe its from the shifter sitting on the transmission, and not being cable driven. Vibration doesn't bother me, feels like I'm driving a sports car. I never noticed the exhaust might be crooked, I'm gonna check mine now lol.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
10GNJ

Ok, my car is at the dealership now. They called and told me they buffed the windshield and the streaks are now gone. We'll see.

However, they told me its normal for the transmission/shifter to make noise sometimes, and they said there is nothing they can do about the exhaust.

Now I understand that there are vibrations in the shifter and that doesnt bother me. What I have is an on again off again sound, a rattling sound coming from the shift **** area. What should I do here?

They told me to come tomorrow morning and talk to the shop foreman. Im just concerned that if I take a ride with him, and it doesnt make the sound, Ill be screwed.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
BagFalls

Ok, my car is at the dealership now. They called and told me they buffed the windshield and the streaks are now gone. We'll see.

However, they told me its normal for the transmission/shifter to make noise sometimes, and they said there is nothing they can do about the exhaust.

Now I understand that there are vibrations in the shifter and that doesnt bother me. What I have is an on again off again sound, a rattling sound coming from the shift **** area. What should I do here?

They told me to come tomorrow morning and talk to the shop foreman. Im just concerned that if I take a ride with him, and it doesnt make the sound, Ill be screwed.

*bump*
How did this issue turn out? I'm getting ready to have it out with the stealership.. they are looking at my car for the first time Monday and I'm expecting everything to be "normal," or from abuse from the previous owner.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
MurderedG37s

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Not normal and fairly easy for them to fix. First try escalating your issue at the same dealership. If you spoke to a service writer, go back and tell them you'd like to speak to the service manager about it. If he won't help, talk to the dealership GM. Then call Infiniti consumer affairs.
best route to go
Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
disarm

Originally Posted by AKG37
My wipers do the exact same thing. I opened an investigation with Infiniti Canada and they replaced the windshield and it still streaked! We also tried many different wiper arm assemblies. I checked a lot of the new cars on the lot and they all did the exact same thing, more or less. I have learned to live with it, but I think it is due to the wiper design.
I've been through this same process for the wipers on my X coupe...big streak on the driver's side like the wiper pulls water back in from the edge as it goes down. i asked the dealer to look into it so they changed the wiper blades, replaced the arms, and tried a number of adjustments to the range of travel. they couldn't make the streaks go away, so the guy tried the wipers on a few other coupes on the lot and they all did the same thing. they ended up telling me that it's just a characteristic of the car and there's nothing they can do. fortunately, it does get better with RainX, but it's still not perfect.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Just had my 6MT shift **** replaced under warranty due to a buzz noise. Car is almost 2 years ols with 12k miles...
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You just paid for a 40,000+ car they better fix that sht!

If they don't comply, then post a bad review on this forum.

This site with keywords indexes very well in Google.