Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 2010 G37s...likes and dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:00 PM
10GNJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2010 G37s...likes and dislikes

A few months have gone by since geting my 2010 G37s, 6mt.

Just thought I'd post some of my experiences.

So far, the car is really fun to drive. I've got a 2001 Supercharged Mustang that makes ~600rwhp, and the driving dynamics really remind me of that (with the power difference obviously)

I am coming from a 2008 A4. I almost went with a Lexus IS 250AWD before I got in this car. More luxury but obviously no performance.

The car obviously is not snow worthy, but thats not why I got it. I love the engine, I love the seats, and I really like the gearbox. Its also a beautiful car.

The things I dont like:

No call waiting (Hopefully the new TSB fixes this)
The left arm rest is in a terrible position and is basically unusable.
Headroom isnt the best.
The key fob. This really is something that annoys me. What is the point of a key fob if I have to press a little button to lock the car whenever I get out? I might as well have manual locks. I really wish this car had the basic feature that most others with fobs have and locked itself automatically when you walked away.

Other than these minor things, I have really been enjoying the car so far.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
good to hear
Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Why don't you just push the black rubber nub on the door handle after you shut the door?

I never take my keys out of my pocket.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Why don't you just push the black rubber nub on the door handle after you shut the door?

Plus one!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:54 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by yogregb
Plus one!
Originally Posted by cruzmisl

I think that's what OP is talking about, no? I agree it's a bit annoying to push that button when a lot of other cars simply require you to walk away.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
AMCDeac

I was an early adopter with the 2008 G37S. I am very pleased with the car. For the money, it can't be beat. (It was something like $8k more than a similarly equipped Honda Accord Coupe).

The only complaints are as follows:
1. I am not a big fan of the clutch. I will go with an after-market clutch next time or maybe I will get around to trying some adjustments.
2. I don't like the IPod interface - not sure what they could have done differently, but it is annoying to find something way down the list.
3. I don't care for the aluminum on the door handle - maybe I will get around to replacing it with carbon fiber.

Still, I am glad I have the vehicle. I would buy it again. I plan to keep it for several more years.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:22 PM
atombomb33
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
I think that's what OP is talking about, no? I agree it's a bit annoying to push that button when a lot of other cars simply require you to walk away.
Which cars lock themselves when you walk away without having to touch the door handle or some other button?

I had an Audi A5 before I got my 2010 G coupe and it had a similar keyless entry system to the Infiniti. Only difference was that you could just grasp the door handle to unlock the door (rather than pushing the button on the G). And when locking the Audi you had to push a little square on the door handle (basically the same as pushing the black button on the G).
Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 PM
TRZ06

Originally Posted by atombomb33
Which cars lock themselves when you walk away without having to touch the door handle or some other button?

I had an Audi A5 before I got my 2010 G coupe and it had a similar keyless entry system to the Infiniti. Only difference was that you could just grasp the door handle to unlock the door (rather than pushing the button on the G). And when locking the Audi you had to push a little square on the door handle (basically the same as pushing the black button on the G).
Corvettes do when you opt for the keyless entry exit option.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Idk I think only having to touch a button instead of taking keys out of your pocket is convenient enough, and to have it as a standard feature is even better. IMO the system where you walk away from the car and it locks is cool, but the intelligent key is good enough for me.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:20 PM
lzzhang10

Originally Posted by 10GNJ
A few months have gone by since geting my 2010 G37s, 6mt.

No call waiting (Hopefully the new TSB fixes this)

It does. itb10-p0336
Old 02-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Bo2point0

Originally Posted by atombomb33
Lexus IS has a touch sensor behind door handle, when hand touched inside of door handle the car auto unlocks.
When you walk away it locks and arms automatically.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:36 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome...

Personally, I wouldn't want my car to lock automatically. I love not ever having to take my keys out of my pocket, but I still want to control when my car locks and unlocks.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 PM
1NEETO

My MS6 had that feature but it was a dealer option. I still locked the car myself but it was nice when it unlocked nice the key was in range. I could also roll down the windows by holding down the unlock button or roll them up by holding the door handle request button. Wish the g could do that. Especially being able to roll down the windows, it makes a difference on a very hot day.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
10GNJ

My dads CTS unlocks with no button, you just grab the handle. It locks automatically.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:08 AM
prescott3656
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
I could also roll down the windows by holding down the unlock button or roll them up by holding the door handle request button. Wish the g could do that. Especially being able to roll down the windows, it makes a difference on a very hot day.
The 2010 G does this. Hold the unlock button to roll down. Put the key in the door and hold right or left to roll up. nice feature in the summer i agree.

Quick Reply: My 2010 G37s...likes and dislikes