Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 2010 G37s...likes and dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:55 AM
roots4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fluxemag
I've had my 2010 G37 for about 3 months now. I'm coming from an 05 Solara V6. I love the power and the feel of the ride. Rolling down the windows with the key is cool. Overall I'm very impressed and love it. But just for fairness, here's what I don't like:

My gas pedal squeaks, I'm going to ask them to fix or replace it.

The temperature gauge doesn't work right. If it's 35 degrees and I park the car, come back a few hours later, it still says 35 degrees (and it's now 65 outside). It takes about 20 minutes of driving before it catches up to the right temp.

Sometimes I'd like to shut the engine off and keep listening to music. Not sure how to do that without pressing the start button 3 times.

And finally, Jeremy on Top Gear ripped on the VQ37HR engine note when reviewing the 370Z . He said he'd rather listen to his own firing squad. I think it sounds good, but will probably add a CAI for good measure.
Clarkson is an idiot. We all know he hates all Nissans and Porsches. He's a petty, ugly, opinionated old man with bad teeth and most likely bad breath.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:19 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Things I like about my 2010 G sedan

1. Speed
2. Exhaust note during sprited driving
3. Audio System(BOSE)
4. IPOD integration
5. The High resolution touch Screen
6. The Fuel Efficiency( I average 21 Mpg combined 70% city)
7. Manual Mode( I have yet to learn how to drive a MT)
8. This Car is just plain fun to drive.
9. All the compliments I get because I drive an Infinti.
10. My car has picked up numerous chicks for me.

Things I dislike about my G.

1. It sounds like an old diesel enginge on cold start ups.
2. Infiniti needs to catch up technologically.(They need a system like
Fords Sync System.
3. Hands Free calling is a P.I.T.A. Mic goes in and out.
4. I wish it had a system that monitored the engine via sensors like
GM, Ford, Honda and lets you know when maintenance is due based on
both driving conditions and mileage intervals.
5. The rotors warp easily
6.And Last but Most important. THE PAINT IS TOO SOFT.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:31 AM
sdiep1337

1. Throttle is non-responsive sometimes when the car is cold
2. Driver seat made of poor material (side wrinkles and bubbles forming on main sitting area)
3. Too much lag in the gear shifts using the sport paddles
4. Cheap paint
5. Aluminum trim scratches easily
Old 02-22-2011, 05:26 PM
detsgt696

After owning my 2010 G37S 6 speed manual for several months, I'm totally dissatisfied with the way the car shifts and the engine vibration in higher RPM's. Already had the clutch pedal replaced at 1200 miles due to a "snapping" noise. Knowing what I know now, I would've got the auto. I should have done my research on this forum, but I didn't. Expected it to be the same as my 06 350Z, which shifted much better and no vibration in higher RPM's. Enjoyed my 08 G35XS sedan much more. It's a lease, so I'm stuck with it. Seems like Infiniti is one of the few company's that won't totally release you from your lease if someone else takes over your lease. You're still on the hook if they default on the payments.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
10GNJ

Originally Posted by detsgt696
After owning my 2010 G37S 6 speed manual for several months, I'm totally dissatisfied with the way the car shifts and the engine vibration in higher RPM's. Already had the clutch pedal replaced at 1200 miles due to a "snapping" noise. Knowing what I know now, I would've got the auto. I should have done my research on this forum, but I didn't. Expected it to be the same as my 06 350Z, which shifted much better and no vibration in higher RPM's. Enjoyed my 08 G35XS sedan much more. It's a lease, so I'm stuck with it. Seems like Infiniti is one of the few company's that won't totally release you from your lease if someone else takes over your lease. You're still on the hook if they default on the payments.
Could you describe your 'snapping' noise? Sometimes my clutch will click.

You could trade the car in, no?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:00 PM
detsgt696

While depressing the clutch pedal, it would make a snapping or clicking sound. You could also feel it in your foot. The dealer change the whole clutch pedal assembly. I've only put 200 miles on it since and it has not returned, yet.
As far as trading the car in, it's a lease. I would have to terminate my lease and take a major blood bath!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
10GNJ

While depressing the clutch pedal, it would make a snapping or clicking sound. You could also feel it in your foot. The dealer change the whole clutch pedal assembly. I've only put 200 miles on it since and it has not returned, yet.
As far as trading the car in, it's a lease. I would have to terminate my lease and take a major blood bath!
I experience the same thing but only sometimes in the clutch.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
detsgt696

Mine was a constant problem.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Ten K

Originally Posted by roots4x
Clarkson is an idiot. We all know he hates all Nissans and Porsches. He's a petty, ugly, opinionated old man with bad teeth and most likely bad breath.
Actually, he still calls them Datsuns, and were severely unfair in comparo testing the Z... vs and Audi TT on a beach... but the Gt-R bit him right in the neck.

There was an add on for the Z that allowed you to add remote window roll up by holding the lock button on the fob. Have to look that one up when I get a chance.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted the manual but after 3 separate test drives went with the auto. Plenty of people like the 6MT though so it's not THAT bad. If you really want out of the lease that badly, buy it out and sell it (maybe a dealer can do both for you).
Old 02-24-2011, 05:39 AM
detsgt696

Dealer doesn't seem that interested in my dissatisfaction with my car.