G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 2010 G37s...likes and dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 AM
jlac13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree it should lock automatically... It would take away that feeling that I have sometimes of not being sure if I locked or left unlocked my door...
Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM
SleepyMonkey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AMCDeac
2. I don't like the IPod interface - not sure what they could have done differently, but it is annoying to find something way down the list.
I hated the iPod interface until I took some advice from somebody on this board. You can use the Genre field (or some other field you're not interested in) and change them to the first letter of the band. Then you can scroll the "Genre" which is really the alphabet and only have to scroll through one letter's worth. This way, it doesn't take forever to get to "Widespread Panic" or whatever's down the list. It's still isn't perfect, but a helluva lot better IMO.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
roots4x

Originally Posted by 10GNJ
My dads CTS unlocks with no button, you just grab the handle. It locks automatically.
Yes that is a bit nicer, but no more convenient. At least iKey is standard an not a $1k option.

To the OP, I don't understand the left armrest. Shouldn't you have two hands on the wheel?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
10GNJ

Originally Posted by roots4x
Yes that is a bit nicer, but no more convenient. At least iKey is standard an not a $1k option.

To the OP, I don't understand the left armrest. Shouldn't you have two hands on the wheel?
When I drove my Audi, Id hold the wheel with my left hand and rest my elbow on the door rest. I cant do that with the G, its just a bit uncomfortable, not too bad though.

My gripe with the door lock thing is that in my 2000 Ford Focus, I can open the door to get out and hit the lock button inside the car before closing the door.

This is quicker/more convenient than getting out, closing the door, then pressing the button on the outside.

Thats what I mean. Again, not a major issue though.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

A few months have gone by since geting my 2010 G37s, 6mt.

The left arm rest is in a terrible position and is basically unusable.
Unless you are VERY short, it is useless. Putting my elbow on top of the door is more comfortable except the plastic is SO hard.

Headroom isnt the best.
Really bad in the coupe. Much better in the 'vert. Again, they seem to be built for short people.

The key fob. This really is something that annoys me. What is the point of a key fob if I have to press a little button to lock the car whenever I get out? I might as well have manual locks. I really wish this car had the basic feature that most others with fobs have and locked itself automatically when you walked away.

What I do is use the button on the inside of the door. After I push the door open to get out I hit the lock button before bringing my arm back. I have been doing it for 5 years so it is just second nature now.

Other than these minor things, I have really been enjoying the car so far.
It is a fun car and not TOO bad in winter with snows and some caution.

Shane D
Old 02-14-2011, 05:46 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had my 2010 G37 for about 3 months now. I'm coming from an 05 Solara V6. I love the power and the feel of the ride. Rolling down the windows with the key is cool. Overall I'm very impressed and love it. But just for fairness, here's what I don't like:

My gas pedal squeaks, I'm going to ask them to fix or replace it.

The temperature gauge doesn't work right. If it's 35 degrees and I park the car, come back a few hours later, it still says 35 degrees (and it's now 65 outside). It takes about 20 minutes of driving before it catches up to the right temp.

Sometimes I'd like to shut the engine off and keep listening to music. Not sure how to do that without pressing the start button 3 times.

And finally, Jeremy on Top Gear ripped on the VQ37HR engine note when reviewing the 370Z . He said he'd rather listen to his own firing squad. I think it sounds good, but will probably add a CAI for good measure.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:09 PM
1NEETO

The G exhaust note sounds much better than the 370Z. TGA should review the IPL.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:54 AM
AKG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fluxemag
I've had my 2010 G37 for about 3 months now. I'm coming from an 05 Solara V6. I love the power and the feel of the ride. Rolling down the windows with the key is cool. Overall I'm very impressed and love it. But just for fairness, here's what I don't like:

My gas pedal squeaks, I'm going to ask them to fix or replace it.

The temperature gauge doesn't work right. If it's 35 degrees and I park the car, come back a few hours later, it still says 35 degrees (and it's now 65 outside). It takes about 20 minutes of driving before it catches up to the right temp.

Sometimes I'd like to shut the engine off and keep listening to music. Not sure how to do that without pressing the start button 3 times.

And finally, Jeremy on Top Gear ripped on the VQ37HR engine note when reviewing the 370Z . He said he'd rather listen to his own firing squad. I think it sounds good, but will probably add a CAI for good measure.

Press the engine start/stop button twice quickly and the engine will shut off and only the audio will be on...or is that what you are currently doing?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 AM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AKG37
Press the engine start/stop button twice quickly and the engine will shut off and only the audio will be on...or is that what you are currently doing?

I'll give that a try, thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jag used to have an automatic lock feature when you walked away......although a lot of owners were complaining it wasnt working too well.......so Jaguar changed it to auto-arm of the alarm, regardless if the door is locked or not. If you open the door without the key present, the alarm goes off.

the unlock happens as you pull on the door lever

Personally id rather have the push button, gives me a better feeling.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:53 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've gotten used to the button o the door handle so its no big deal to me. I would argue that the handle on our IS350 is a little classier though with the touch sensor (though it still has a button to lock with)...
Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
maxpower

as noted the C6 vette has the autolock feature - I like just exiting the car and walking away and I don't have to manually lock it
Old 02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yogregb
Plus one!
1+
Old 02-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Jhodge151

I was just at the Lexus dealer yesterday looking at a 2011 RX and GX, they had no idea about an auto-lock feature. They said no Lexus do this.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:52 AM
roots4x

When I drove my Audi, Id hold the wheel with my left hand and rest my elbow on the door rest. I cant do that with the G, its just a bit uncomfortable, not too bad though.

My gripe with the door lock thing is that in my 2000 Ford Focus, I can open the door to get out and hit the lock button inside the car before closing the door.

This is quicker/more convenient than getting out, closing the door, then pressing the button on the outside.

Thats what I mean. Again, not a major issue though.
I see what you're saying about the locks. Yeah that's how I used to lock my doors on all my old cars. But cars with security and central locking systems need to know whether you lock from inside or outside to engage the alarm system.

Quick Reply: My 2010 G37s...likes and dislikes