G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Attempted break in to the g :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:31 PM
akuma_83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang bro, sorry to hear... and Ouch what a painful site to see... I hope you get it fixed and worked out with your insurance company where you dont have to pay for anything...

FCK these bastards who fck with our cars... A-holes !
Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
you're not getting a new door. sorry this happened to you, but that is half an hour of bodywork, half an hour mechanical and two hours of paint plus blend (which they may not even give you because it's black, non metallic). make sure to take it to a good shop. that's the only say you will have unless you want to spend 1000 bucks out of pocket for a new door.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

Hmm but the handle seems pretty busted and I'm not sure they can fix it to original as the hole is pretty bad. How much do you think the total will be
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Z gave way to G

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
you're not getting a new door. sorry this happened to you, but that is half an hour of bodywork, half an hour mechanical and two hours of paint plus blend (which they may not even give you because it's black, non metallic). make sure to take it to a good shop. that's the only say you will have unless you want to spend 1000 bucks out of pocket for a new door.
I agree with it being repairable. May need to be welded a little bit, but still a lot cheaper than a door skin. The skin is the outer sheet metal on the door. The insurance company will choose cheaper option, but as long as shop does quality work, it will be good as new. Good luck bro and sorry they f*cked you like that
Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by kkokko
Hmm but the handle seems pretty busted and I'm not sure they can fix it to original as the hole is pretty bad. How much do you think the total will be
ten minutes with a body hammer and dolly...
Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 PM
alexdee

if insurance gives you money for a whole new door take it to a good shop and keep the difference, i dont think itll need a new door.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow thats messed up! Gl with the claim.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang!!! Stupid A-holes!!! I can't believe what they did man! i feel your pain man.. whats up with Gs getting vandalized lately?? I think a good bodyshop can get it fixed though, but it'll be a PITA to have a down time when fixing the door... Good luck man.. That's pretty messed up.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:14 AM
roots4x

I'm just wondering what stupid car thief would try to pry out that area to open the door??? Must have just been some stupid kids?

Yeah sorry but there is no way you're getting a new door.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:48 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

i saw in some past threads on here stating that if you hit a certain spot on the keyhole by prying with a crowbar you can hit a switch that brings down the window?? and also someone posted that there is a way to bust the unlock/lock on the door handles to gain entry~~ no idea if that really works though. They probably didnt want to shatter the window as that would create too much noise/set off the alarm..

btw when would the alarm go off for our cars if we don't have the impact sensors?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Arvig

Ugh, that sucks. That would **** me off to no end, at least on the day it happened.

At least they didn't get inside to steal anything or vandalize anything though, and whatever they do to fix it you'll just be out your deductable. But yeah, does make me think more people out there are picking glue sniffing as a lifestyle choice these days.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 AM
nydealer

damn that must hurt sry bro... gl
Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kkokko
i saw in some past threads on here stating that if you hit a certain spot on the keyhole by prying with a crowbar you can hit a switch that brings down the window?? and also someone posted that there is a way to bust the unlock/lock on the door handles to gain entry~~ no idea if that really works though. They probably didnt want to shatter the window as that would create too much noise/set off the alarm..

btw when would the alarm go off for our cars if we don't have the impact sensors?
If you don't have impact sensors, the alarm would only go off if a door is opened. Breaking glass doesn't set off the OEM alarm w/o impact sensors.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Dimitry6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i honestly dont think they tried to break in looks like some a$$hole just needed that piece. if they wanted to break it i thinj breaking the window is alot faster way then sitting there carving pieces of the door lol
Old 02-09-2011, 01:07 AM
HP_John

Damn bro, sorry to see that, hope everything turns out ok for you, all the best

Quick Reply: Attempted break in to the g :(