Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Coupe SERVICING

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
LOL a car wash? more like get swirls and water marks. I dont feel comfortable having some idiot who doesnt car about my car touching it.
We get it Steve.....
Old 02-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ sorry i get worked up about the dealer
Old 02-07-2011, 03:16 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just curious, how much does the dealership charge to change a pair of brake pads?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Hapa DC5

^^^ sorry i get worked up about the dealer
LoL it's okay man. They are like any other place. There will be idiots and there will be competent people who care about their work. Unfortunately there are more idiots then the latter. Regardless if it's Jiffy Lube, Infiniti, Speedee, etc.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Hapa DC5

Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
Just curious, how much does the dealership charge to change a pair of brake pads?
Beshoff Infiniti | San Jose, CA - New and Used Infiniti's in San Jose | New & Used Car Dealer

Beshoff is at $268 for a pad slap, $398 to machine the rotors and put on new pads.
$221 and $351 for the coupes.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM
HappyG

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Beshoff Infiniti | San Jose, CA - New and Used Infiniti's in San Jose | New & Used Car Dealer

Beshoff is at $268 for a pad slap, $398 to machine the rotors and put on new pads.
$221 and $351 for the coupes.
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised this dealer actually post their prices out. You think those are reasonable prices?
Old 02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ its a good price if you are uncomfortable or dont have the tools to do it yourself. IMO try it yourself, theres a DIY around here and it doesnt look too hard. Im a DIY kinda guy, if it doesnt work out, i just keep trying and eventually it works. I hate paying anyone to do anything unless i cant do it at all myself, not really cuz im cheap, but i think "an i coulda spent that xx doing this instead!".

but like i said, DIY if you can, if not that seems like a decent price 351 dollars is around 2 hours and 30 min of labour, when in reality it will take them an hour.

Oh an sorry again about the car wash thing, Hapa :P
Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Hapa DC5

I'm a DIYer as well. My buddy owns a repair shop that is walking distance from my house. The end of my block actually. I bring my Fit there and do everything myself. I did that with my TL as well.

I'd do the same thing with my G, but Beshoff charges me $15 for oil changes (I provide oil and filter) and they hand wash the car. No scratches or swirls that I've seen.

For me that's worth it. I don't have to wait for a free rack at my buddies shop when I know I'm not making him any money by wrenching on my car tying up a rack and I don't have to get on my back and jack up the car either. It's $15 well spent.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
HappyG

^^^ its a good price if you are uncomfortable or dont have the tools to do it yourself. IMO try it yourself, theres a DIY around here and it doesnt look too hard. Im a DIY kinda guy, if it doesnt work out, i just keep trying and eventually it works. I hate paying anyone to do anything unless i cant do it at all myself, not really cuz im cheap, but i think "an i coulda spent that xx doing this instead!".

but like i said, DIY if you can, if not that seems like a decent price 351 dollars is around 2 hours and 30 min of labour, when in reality it will take them an hour.

Oh an sorry again about the car wash thing, Hapa :P
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
I'm a DIYer as well. My buddy owns a repair shop that is walking distance from my house. The end of my block actually. I bring my Fit there and do everything myself. I did that with my TL as well.

I'd do the same thing with my G, but Beshoff charges me $15 for oil changes (I provide oil and filter) and they hand wash the car. No scratches or swirls that I've seen.

For me that's worth it. I don't have to wait for a free rack at my buddies shop when I know I'm not making him any money by wrenching on my car tying up a rack and I don't have to get on my back and jack up the car either. It's $15 well spent.
Everything here in NY is fast paced. Basically, time is money. I could buy pads and bring it to my friend's shop to change it there. But the parts itself is around $200. Based on Beshoff's price, it will cost $510 ($268 front, $242 rear) installed. I'm paying about $310 total for labor. They will also give me a loaner to drive for the day too. It will definitely save me time. If I were to bring it to my friend's shop, my day is basically gone. These are the things I will consider when time comes.

I don't like the motor oil the dealer put in. Like I've done it last time, I'll provide my own oil (Redline) and filter. It was my first oil change last time so it was free. If your dealer charge you only $15 for oil change, that's pretty good.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Hapa DC5

We're on the same page. Sometimes it's just "cheaper" to pay the dealer to do it and let them guarantee the work. While I can continue on with my day.