Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Oops. Totalled G37

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seems to me YOU paid to insure the car so YOU should get paid reguardless of what name is on the title. What if the insurance company said the car was worth $20k? Would IFS eat that? I thought not.

BTW, they should be able examine the filiments to see if the other guy had their lights on. Prolly not worth it in this case though.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:12 PM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joeposter
Seems to me YOU paid to insure the car so YOU should get paid reguardless of what name is on the title. What if the insurance company said the car was worth $20k? Would IFS eat that? I thought not.

BTW, they should be able examine the filiments to see if the other guy had their lights on. Prolly not worth it in this case though.
Yea they do, they get GAP insurance for it.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

YOU pay for insurance on the car because YOU are the driver. YOU, however, are not the owner.

Here's another example. If you rent a car from Enterprise rent-a-car, and total it, and the car had equity, would you expect to pocket that equity? After all, YOU are the one who is paying for insurance on that car, whether its covered under your personal policy or if you purchased it at the rental place.

And yes, if the insurance company said the car was worth 20k, IFS would effectively eat it; their GAP insurance would cover the deficiency.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
That's often not possible to determine by forensic examination of the bulbs. Sometimes it is, but in a case such as this there's really no point in it. The cost of having a reconstructionist try to make a determination would just add cost to the insurance company's loss. Even if it could be proven that the other party didn't have their lights on, the OP wouldn't necessarily be absolved of fault because he still is responsible for failure to yield. They skipped it to cut their losses.

Also you'd be amazed how often an at fault driver in a night time crash claims that the other driver had no lights on. I'm absolutely NOT saying the OP is lying because I have no way to know that and have no reason to doubt his truthfulness. But from my work with this sort of thing I can tell you that over half of night time failure to yield crashes claim the other driver had no lights. Of the few that are actually investigated, less than 10% of those claims are verified as being true. The other 90% are split pretty equally between unable to determine and the at fault driver lying.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 PM
oreoleo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^Prime reason why I want to install a camera inside my car, to a carpc, always recording.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
newg37
Banned

my question is, who appraises an 08 g37 for $37k lol

the market value is $26-$28.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Geezzz... Time to lawyer up if Infiniti can't show the clause that they claim excludes your right to buy the car. Seems like unjust enrichment to me. Sides, if they'd sell you the car in drivable condition for $29K why wouldn't they as it is?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Art Vandaley

things to do:

1. Call the actual financiang company you are with.. not the dealer, not the underpaid idiot form the insurance company.. and talk to the actual financing company representative (best if you have your contract on hand.. if not dealer would have a copy)

and dont be too sad.. same thing happened to me.. and one of my friends a couple of years ago.. exept we both fell asleep while driving... whats important is that you are not broken... and whatever the hike in your insuance is going to be, cant be as bad as $700+ im paying for mine...

enjoy the FX...
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I see alot of drivers on the road nowadays without their headlights. It's absolutely shocking to me that they are oblivious to this.

In any case, glad to hear you're okay! But wow, Infiniti valued your car at $37? An 08? What are your specs because I have an 08 G37s (Premium, Sport, Nav) with 18K miles on it and they are saying my value is 26.5K and my payoff is 31K. What dealer are you dealing with and can I get in on that?