Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

For battery problems check your terminal connections

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 PM
indyn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For battery problems check your terminal connections

Noticed that my car was hesitant to start during the past cold weeks and never had a problem before this. But with the driving and all, the negative terminal got loose over time and this didn't help in getting it started.

When I pressed the START button, the car dashboard lights would come on, car will make CLICK CLICK ...sound, and goes totally dead. Anyways got Infiniti Road side assistance to give me a boost once as the car didn't start at all. Was impressed that I was able to get Infiniti USA provide this service in Canada.
Anyways, it happened again, got boost from another car and I drove it for half an hour to charge the battery, so I turned the car off and tried to start but again same problem.
Another boost and got the car home, saw that the terminal was connected but was loose. Got it tightened and it worked. no problem so far.

So ppl, if you got battery problems check your battery terminal connections first.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
jsawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indyn
Noticed that my car was hesitant to start during the past cold weeks and never had a problem before this. But with the driving and all, the negative terminal got loose over time and this didn't help in getting it started.

When I pressed the START button, the car dashboard lights would come on, car will make CLICK CLICK ...sound, and goes totally dead. Anyways got Infiniti Road side assistance to give me a boost once as the car didn't start at all. Was impressed that I was able to get Infiniti USA provide this service in Canada.
Anyways, it happened again, got boost from another car and I drove it for half an hour to charge the battery, so I turned the car off and tried to start but again same problem.
Another boost and got the car home, saw that the terminal was connected but was loose. Got it tightened and it worked. no problem so far.

So ppl, if you got battery problems check your battery terminal connections first.
took my 2008 g37s to the dealer and they replaced the battery and the valve under warrenty. there is a TSB on this. Ithink checking the terminal first is a good idea, but it should be checked by the dealer.