Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

One of the worst days of my life.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:43 AM
TripleBlack37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the worst days of my life.

I live on the east coast. As you know, we just had a major snow storm yesterday. I left work early to beat the storm and made it one mile from my house before getting stuck/ parking on a side street in a residential area.

I came back this morning to find the car had been vandalized. Windshield was scratched, windows scratched, several body panels scratched. After my insurance estimator looked at it, they said it was done with a metal shovel. I don't have the words.

One pic of the back window/ side panel.
Attached Thumbnails One of the worst days of my life.-photo-5-.jpg  
Old 01-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Some people have no respect, seriously. It pains me to see that, sorry man. All will work out though, i hope someone hits whoever did that to your girls with that metal shovel
Old 01-28-2011, 12:46 AM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ahhhh ouch man sorry to see that! Thank god for insurance
Old 01-28-2011, 12:50 AM
KeyWasted

wow feel bad for you. Never understood the point of vandalizing cars may it be from egging cars to this. doesn't show that you are any tough because you can mess someone's car if anything shows how much of a looser you have got to be.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:54 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Sorry to see that man. That is jacked up.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:57 AM
infamousstunna1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Triple, I'm really sorry to hear this.
It is good your insured and they're going to take care of it.
But this totally sucks. There are just too many "haters"in the world!
My sympathies.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:00 AM
msmching

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
good thing vandalism dont increase premium..

good luck
Old 01-28-2011, 01:01 AM
TripleBlack37S

Thanks guys. Had to vent. I feel like someone reached into something really personal and destroyed it. I'm taking it to the dealer recommended body shop to get it back to 100%... at least I hope it looks as good as new.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Makes me angry just reading the thread... It sucks that it takes years of "growing up" to respect the thought of what someone has done to get where they are and own the things they do.

If people like this had any idea, it would never happen in the first place. But, unfortunately, they don't and spur of the moment "Fun" is all it takes to do such a thing. Terrible...

On the other hand I have good news and bad... the good news is I'm sure the car will look just as good if not better when done at the shop as long as they are reputable. The bad news is... you are going to have troubles with your car as I am having now later in it's life due to the horrible phenomenon known as CARFAX. When you go to trade-in or sell, your gonna be disappointed.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 AM
TripleBlack37S

Thanks for the encouragement about the appearance of the car.

Just curious, what sort of percentage hit do you think you took from the carfax issue? Were you in an accident?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 AM
AKG37
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow that hurts! Some people have absolutely no respect for other people's property. While I haven't had my car vandalized, the dealer I used to go to broke and scatched many interior panels and put a dent in my door once so I can definitely sympathize. Good luck with the repairs
Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack37S
Thanks for the encouragement about the appearance of the car.

Just curious, what sort of percentage hit do you think you took from the carfax issue? Were you in an accident?
No accident, a door ding. Literally, a door ding. They didn't even do body work, just a paintless guy popped it out. But, since it is on the CARFAX I'm having a hell of a time. All the dealers are telling me it doesn't matter the extent of the damage, just that there is an entry because it will discourage 50% of buyers right off the bat. I'm losing a couple thousand on trade-in, not sure as far as private market. (Not a G, an Accord Coupe)

Couldn't close the deal TODAY for my G because of it. Same scenario past several dealers.

...lots of class action lawsuits because of this, but I guess CARFAX has good lawyers. Insurance companies should start compensating you for the loss of value in addition to the repair. That IS what we are paying them to do "Insure" our cars investment due to damage.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 AM
FM37

I bet some fool thought he was doing a good deed by shoveling the snow off your car, little did he know....
Old 01-28-2011, 01:48 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
that really just...isn't fair! but you never know, maybe ^'s right? good deed, gone bad? ugh...either way, at least your car will be as good as new when you get it back? is it completely ALL over the car? if it's on every panel...maybe they'll repaint the entire car rather then sand and blend?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:06 AM
HP_John

First off, I sympathize for you, these people are truly losers. On the other hand, if this is 1 of the worst days of your life, at least that means your life has been better than at least 95% of the world's population.

Quick Reply: One of the worst days of my life.