Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thinking of selling my Carrera TT and going to G37 - any thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The next person to post like a douchebag in this thread is going on vacation.

True story.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 AM
MurderedG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Listen, the G is a great car hands down. Has class, technology, great cockpit, and looks sexy. Obviously you know what your getting into with something that is half the horsepower and heavier. I know a few people who have exotics and drive G's and daily drivers and find them to be pleasently enjoyable for a "typical" trasport vehicle. It has the best of both worlds. Get an "S" or and IPL and call it a day. Save some $$$ and have some fun with it. I understand you want a more conservative and comfortable car. I ride bikes, I have a Ducati and a GSX-R. When I want to go fast, I ride the bikes, when I want to chill and bring my girl around, I take the G. Its not a fast car (comparitavly), but it has ***** when you need it. And you look good doing it!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 AM
MurderedG37s

Originally Posted by RiA
UPDATE: I sold my P-Car and purchased an '07 M35 Blk/Blk Journey with Tech and Advanced Technology package w/30k miles.

I'm very pleased with the comfort and performance thus far - this car has a lot of nice ammenities making my commute much more pleasurable.
And yeah, If you were concerned with rush hour commute, nothing is better than an M conveince wise. Great car to cruise in. Good choice. Now go on vacation with that extra P-Car dinero
Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey RiA -

Sick P my dude. I'm looking at the Carrera as among the list of next options when my lease is close to up, used that is.

But anyways, why did you go with an 07 M? I think the new M's are awesome with the sports package. Definitely could have bought a used one, and maybe in the same price range, no?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:28 AM
RiA

Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
Hey RiA -

Sick P my dude. I'm looking at the Carrera as among the list of next options when my lease is close to up, used that is.

But anyways, why did you go with an 07 M? I think the new M's are awesome with the sports package. Definitely could have bought a used one, and maybe in the same price range, no?
I spend 1.5 hours in stop and go commute traffic each way, each day. I have a partially torn left achilles tendon and a bone spur at the attachment point which makes it painful to work the clutch. The clutch in my car was stiff as it was stronger to hold the torque and I also removed much of the hydraulic assist to get a better feel (as well as shedding the crappy OEM accumulator with the setup).

I didn't want to spend all the funds on a new car, and we really appreciate the FX with it's dependability and sporty looks and feel, so I was thinking the G35/37 would do the trick, but I was open to other possibilities.

In driving the G and the M, I felt the M would be more appropriate for my needs as it provided the comfort and amenities that I liked and I could haul other passengers around as well. It also has shorter doors than the G coupe. My garage is not very wide and can be difficult to open the door without banging the FX (as my wife tends to be a garage hog when she parks) and it makes it difficult for me to get out of the car at times - the shorter doors makes it much easier.

I've spent a lot of time on the track with the P-Car and am basically gotten the speed urges out of my system. At 52 yrs old, I thought it was time to get something more sedate, yet sporty and something I wasn't compelled to modify every other week

I didn't go new as I'm taking some of the cash from the sale and putting it into a kitchen remodel. The M still has factory warranty, only 30k miles and an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Good luck on your decision. If you want more info on P-Cars, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Rich

Last edited by RiA; 11-10-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to have an 07 M45 Sport, I LOOOOVED the thing and the VK motor sounded amazing with a simple Megan mid pipe and exhaust, plus it has that beautiful quad pipe exhaust. Had I known about the thread back then I woulda posted about it, but I'm glad to see you got something good. I missed having my 6MT and went back to it with a 37S. But as many had told me beforehand it's incredibly bitter sweet, something about climate controlled seats, speakers in the headrests and gobs of torque that you can't replace with a manual trans :/ My M even got the same mileage of my current G37S!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 AM
gyukang2

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
NOooooooo
Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 AM
ECain18

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
sounds like two people got very lucky in this transaction. Someone got an amazing track car (just what they wanted) and the OP got an amazing DD'ing car and a the kitchen he wanted. Congrats bud, enjoy
Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 AM
davv1215

You should invite us all and cook us some nice steaks when your kitchen is done, just for reading the thread....
Old 11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by RiA
I'm new to this forum and have been thinking of going from my Carrera Twin Turbo and going to something a little easier for a commute.

It's highly modified and not the easiest to drive in rush hour traffic.

Will I get a reasonable thrill driving a G37?

Here is what I presently drive:

Thoughts?

If you're looking to trade, I'd go with one of 3 things.

1. Go with the GTR.
2. Get a G37S and install a twin turbo or supercharger kit.
3. Upgrade to a Porsche 997 911 Turbo (I'm sure you can find a used one somewhere out there).