G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thinking of selling my Carrera TT and going to G37 - any thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:47 PM
pharmade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new to this forum but I'm thinking about going from my Infiniti G37S 6M into something a little easier for a commute. It's got a Tanabe exhaust and an Injen CAI and at my age my left leg gets tired clutching. Will I get a reasonable thrill driving a Chevrolet Volt?......OH MY BAD!! I thought I was in the Chevrolet forum
Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
rehtea

Originally Posted by RiA
I know that it won't be as quick, unless I TT or SC the G, but I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking something a little more sedate would be appropriate.

I like the styling of the G and we have an FX for our other vehicle and just love it. I'm thinking the G might be the right move while still being sporty.
Yes, I think G37 will be fine for what you're looking for. It's got enough performance to be fun without sacrificing daily driveability. One thing I like about the VQ engine is the range available. You can drive it normally, or punch it up to redline when you're in the mood.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Art Vandaley

bus is really easy for a commute...
Old 01-23-2011, 11:04 PM
RiA

Originally Posted by pharmade
I'm new to this forum but I'm thinking about going from my Infiniti G37S 6M into something a little easier for a commute. It's got a Tanabe exhaust and an Injen CAI and at my age my left leg gets tired clutching. Will I get a reasonable thrill driving a Chevrolet Volt?......OH MY BAD!! I thought I was in the Chevrolet forum
Another great post.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:04 PM
pharmade

I love my G37S and I think you would be reasonably happy with one. It does have a sexy look like the Porsche and probably costs less to maintain. It will not get your heart pumping like the Carrera TT but it is a good daily driver. How about a BMW M3 or a Lexus ISF? Good luck on your decision.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
RiA

Originally Posted by Art Vandaley
bus is really easy for a commute...
and another...
Old 01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
RiA

Originally Posted by rehtea
Yes, I think G37 will be fine for what you're looking for. It's got enough performance to be fun without sacrificing daily driveability. One thing I like about the VQ engine is the range available. You can drive it normally, or punch it up to redline when you're in the mood.
Thanks rehtea - this is what I was hoping to get, something constructive and thoughtful. I've been thinking the same as you, which is why I'm considering the G37.

Thanks for your insight.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:15 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Wow. nice ride. my dad has a 996 tt. but its stock. Lol. Gt2 bumper and GT3 wheels. looks real nice
Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Get the G! DO IT DO IT!

Old 01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
OP, it seems like you have come to terms with the significant loss in power you will inherit in going from the Porsche to a G. I guess since you do not have any unrealistic expectations, the G may be just what you desire. The VQ is fun. Despite what some people believe, you do not need 500HP to enjoy the G. It is not a fast car, but it is certainly not slow, either. The note from the exhaust is addictive. With a few modifications, the handling is great.

It is all relative. When one considers from what vehicle you are coming, I think people, myself included, are more apt to point out the slight chance that you may be insane. However, when you consider your goals and objectives with the decision of this vehicle, it makes better sense. (Of course, I hope you realize I'm being a smart-a$$ with the insanity comment.) Without distorted/crazy/excessive expectations in comparing the G to your Porsche, I think you could find yourself pretty happy. If not, at the very least, satisfied.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Z gave way to G

Just curious as to what you drove before the Porsche. The CTS-V, both sedan and coupe, are supposed to be very impressive. Corvette Z06 and ZR1 are both beasts. I honestly think the G will be too tame for you. It's a great car, but it's entirely different from what you are driving now. What are the key things that you are looking for in your daily driver? These characteristics might help us give you more insight and direction. Nice car by the way!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:41 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet porsche man. My cousin is a total Porsche ***** and would cream himself if hew saw this. I wish you luck in your search for a replacement for this beauty! Im not even going to start recomending any specific cars to you bc Im only on my second car and have yet experienced anything crazy when it comes to cars.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:49 PM
sammy917

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G's an awesome car, pretty quick and handles well. but coming from that porsche, probably wont compare.

and if you decide to go with the G and need someone to take the porsche off your hands, by all means
Old 01-23-2011, 11:51 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Upgrade to a GTR. You'd only want to consider a G if you're looking to do penance for a heinious sin like for example even thining about doing this move. Although even then I'd flail myself rather then downgrade to a G.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GTR!! I think that's your best bet, the G IMO has a nicer interior than the Porsche, but performance wise, turns, everything, The g os nothing compared to that Porsche,

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Carrera TT and going to G37 - any thoughts