Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So your warranty has expired.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:58 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you able to purchase extended warranty when the car is out of warranty? I'm at 76k miles and my sub-frame needs to be replaced again. The first time was under warranty.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Soliditude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FukinG37S
What are your thoughts now? Will that ECU really be $4000 to replace? Oh no, the steering rack is busted, how much for that? Damn my power steering pump has gone out.. How do I turn!!

These are questions that will shortly turn into $$$$...

What are you guys doing that have ran out in your warranties? Are you seeing any kind of heafty repairs?

Reason I am asking is because I have been a Nicoclub member for some time now. Givin' that, I am able to purchase an extended warranty through Infiniti from a lady in Scottsdale, AZ for $1261 dollars with a small deductible that will run me from my current mileage into 88,000. Should I, or should I just eat it when it happens?

Also, I know that is a kick *** rate, and maybe I should, but I do plan to sell the car at 100k, or replace the motor, whichever comes first, hahaha

I say definitely worth it. For that kind of price, I'd do it without thinking twice. You never know what might come up, so that will give you plenty reassure-ness in that you're at least covered. Some people are runnin' fine over 100k, however, some or not. Infiniti is reliable, but nothing can be 100% reliable 100% of the time. Up to you, but I think it's way worth it, IMO.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by fmrlegend
Are you able to purchase extended warranty when the car is out of warranty? I'm at 76k miles and my sub-frame needs to be replaced again. The first time was under warranty.

Yes, you can do that. From what I know, the dealer basically inspects your car and then tells you whether you can get it covered again. It's like getting your car certified, I think. But I don't believe that they will want to cover a pre-existing problem.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by koa789
These are all of my separate dealer visits for different issues

-Clutch solenoid replaced
-Brake shut off switch replaced
-ECU replaced
-Cruise control unit replaced
-Front hub replaced due to defect
-Front brakes warped and replaced TWICE in 15k miles due to defect in calipers
-Complete clutch replacement consisting of pilot bearing, throw out bearing, clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate due to unexplainable shudder in 1st gear, which is now back by the way, less than 6k miles later
-Transmission replaced due to 1st and 2nd gear syncros failing. This was last week. The 1st gear shudder is still present, and 1st gear still pops out when shifting.

And when I picked up my car last week, they told me my whole rear sub frame will have to be replaced so I am waiting on that to come in.

I thought the same thing you stated, but after my warranty is up, no more of this car for me, I'm going back to BMW or MB, or hell, even Audi if they get something under 45k with more than 300hp soon.
Hey why did they have to replace the ECU? Did it suffer water damage or something? You sure they just didnt reflash it for TSB work or something?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:07 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by fmrlegend
What happens to sub-frames, youre the second to mention it, on this thread?
Old 06-18-2011, 02:12 PM
koa789

Originally Posted by VRG37S
Hey why did they have to replace the ECU? Did it suffer water damage or something? You sure they just didnt reflash it for TSB work or something?
Car would intermittently shut off while driving. They replaced the ECU and the issue went away. There was no TSB on it. The last straw for me was two weeks ago when I was coming back from Vegas and the check engine light came on and I and I had to pull over and disconnect my battery so I can actually rev the car over 3k RPM and actually make it over the Hoover Dam Bridge. I traded it in 5 days later. I just got tired of all the issues.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:40 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009G37
Most of these extended warranties are scams to make money off you...think about it, why would they offer it if overall they lost money? Sure, every once in a while, you get a lemon, but overall, statistically, you're better off just paying out of your pocket if and when you need to. Of course, every car gets to a point where repairing costs more than the car itself, but that will be far beyond the point for which they will offer you any sort of reasonable warranty. Take good care of the car, and it will remain reliable for a fair amount of time, mostly likely.
Extended warranties are like insurance, for the peace of mind. You don't buy car insurance because you're expecting to crash right?

I bought an extended b2b for my car because I want my car covered for the extent of the loan at the very least. If I use it for a major repair after the factory b2b runs out then great. If nothing happens at before 100k miles or 2014 then that's great as well.

OP that's a pretty cheap extended warranty, I say go for it.

Koa WTF why you haven't pursued the lemon law is really beyond me. No way in hell I would of dealt with half of that without making some serious noise.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:21 PM
koa789

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Extended warranties are like insurance, for the peace of mind. You don't buy car insurance because you're expecting to crash right?

I bought an extended b2b for my car because I want my car covered for the extent of the loan at the very least. If I use it for a major repair after the factory b2b runs out then great. If nothing happens at before 100k miles or 2014 then that's great as well.

OP that's a pretty cheap extended warranty, I say go for it.

Koa WTF why you haven't pursued the lemon law is really beyond me. No way in hell I would of dealt with half of that without making some serious noise.
I did, but most of my issues started happening after the 2 year 24k miles new car lemon law AZ has. It would have been a lost cause. I don't have as much money or as many attorneys as Infiniti does. Like I said, I got rid of the car, and I am in a much better place now lol I don't get angry every time I get in my car. I just can't believe how much time I wasted driving to the dealer and hanging out there. That's what really pisses me off.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:56 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Considering an engine is around 10K (I heard)... If you can get warranty past 100K miles for $1500 or less, that's good. Keep in mind most extended warranty's don't cover minor repairs and your G should last at least 200K miles if you service it properly.
Read the fine print before you buy anything and try not to worry about big repaires if you take care of your G, it will probably last a very long time, Nissan's usually do.

Last edited by htownboy; 06-19-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:02 AM
koa789

Originally Posted by htownboy
Considering an engine is around 10K (I heard)... If you can get warranty past 100K miles for $1500 or less, that's good. Keep in mind most extended warranty's don't cover minor repairs and your G should last at least 200K miles if you service it properly.
Read the fine print before you buy anything and try not to worry about big repaired if you take care of your G, it will probably last a very long time as Nissan's [b]always]/b] do.
Mine couldn't make it 5k miles without something going wrong. If I was stuck in my Infiniti for any longer, I would have had to get an extended warranty.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:49 AM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by koa789
Mine couldn't make it 5k miles without something going wrong. If I was stuck in my Infiniti for any longer, I would have had to get an extended warranty.
Sorry man. I've had no problems with any of my Infiniti's or Nissan's ever.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:46 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by htownboy
Read the fine print before you buy anything and try not to worry about big repaires if you take care of your G, it will probably last a very long time, Nissan's usually do.

I'm a proponent of factory extended warranties.
But there is one catch with every extended warranty, the lifetime coverage can not exceed the value of the car at the time of repair. So if you've had 20K in repairs up to date, and it needs an engine, you'll be SOL.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:48 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
What happens to sub-frames, youre the second to mention it, on this thread?
A rear subframe is assumed is attached onto the mainframe by a bushing? any how, that bushing is liquid filled. (don't why why????) but if it leaks, it needs to be replaced. And how Infiniti does it, is not replacing the bushing, but replacing the entire damn subframe. The cost of that is $700!!!

I was talking to my wife and she says that we purchased the extended warranty. So I called and confirmed. CONFIRMED! yeah boyyee
Old 06-20-2011, 03:30 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's the symptoms when the subframe is no good?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:36 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
What's the symptoms when the subframe is no good?
There will be fluid leaking from the bushing. It's almost like differential gear oil, that's what I thought at first.

Quick Reply: So your warranty has expired.....