G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Are all G coupe owners Douchey A-holes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Felix_the_Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Srt-4 are front wheel drive right? Or awd I forget. 700+ hp out of a 4cyl that's crazy. Must of been setup for drag and not on pump gas right? Op sorry for the thread jack
Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Deemancpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see any G Coupes around town. A kid driving a sedan was behind me then sped around me not looking at me. Old guy with a z06 wanted to race at a light, good thing we didn't, cop was on top of a hill looking down on us. I see old people driving sedans mostly no other coupes in my town, course I'm 43, Am I old?

D
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Srt4's are FWD. And they can make crazy power just like the Mitsubishi 4G63 engine.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

@Dmfg

What are your tq/hp numbers? I bet you don't contemplate those races much. Anything beeping or reving at you is usually an easy kill 0-40.

Whats your 1/8th, and 1/4th times? Have you checked? What clutch are you running? What size are the turbo's? Did GTM install that kit for you? Any built internals? How many pounds of boost are you running?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:33 PM
TripleBlack37S

Originally Posted by Deemancpa
I don't see any G Coupes around town. A kid driving a sedan was behind me then sped around me not looking at me. Old guy with a z06 wanted to race at a light, good thing we didn't, cop was on top of a hill looking down on us. I see old people driving sedans mostly no other coupes in my town, course I'm 43, Am I old?

D
You're not old till you feel old bro.

Good to see some people feel me here... I'm just saying, we're not driving lamboghinis but it's a very cool, fun car that honestly has a nice presence on the road. I like seeing other coupes. Just felt natural for me to say hey, like a fellow driver enjoying the same feeling I am. I love this car. :-)
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Srt4's are FWD. And they can make crazy power just like the Mitsubishi 4G63 engine.
But at the end of the day aren't you still driving a fwd compact car? Lol
DmfG37sTT

Originally Posted by FukinG37S
@Dmfg

What are your tq/hp numbers? I bet you don't contemplate those races much. Anything beeping or reving at you is usually an easy kill 0-40.

Whats your 1/8th, and 1/4th times? Have you checked? What clutch are you running? What size are the turbo's? Did GTM install that kit for you? Any built internals? How many pounds of boost are you running?
You can find everything you just asked in this thread sam@GTM started.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...p-466rwtq.html
Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 PM
nolanmann

i find the site helpful ive just bought 08 g37s and have just started to upgrade injen intake no coob acsess port anymore ?if any sug sweet now my clucth needs to be replaced pedal wont come back out but i want to be ready for other mods
and about feeling about other g owners most dont care its the car i want to drive but i do feel a bond between other tuners we all enjoy our cars
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 PM
DmfG37sTT

Originally Posted by nolanmann
i find the site helpful ive just bought 08 g37s and have just started to upgrade injen intake no coob acsess port anymore ?if any sug sweet now my clucth needs to be replaced pedal wont come back out but i want to be ready for other mods
and about feeling about other g owners most dont care its the car i want to drive but i do feel a bond between other tuners we all enjoy our cars
You might have a issue with your slave cylinder from what it sounds like. Take it to the stealership and see what they say. its doubtful they will actually replace it at this point.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
aexis

I've actually gotten the most waves and compliments from 350/370z owners at gas stations, parking lots, and even rolling down their windows while driving. I have passed many G's and looked over while they just stare ahead. All in all though I am sure if I passed a G from someone from this community it would be much different
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
the problem is, i see some g37 coupes around my area, but i need know if the person.. is into that you know? Not everyone who owns a g is a member of the community you know? I rock the myg37 decal so people who are on the forum would probably give me a wave. But when i see the girl with 100 dangly things on the dash driving by, i just assume they arent gonna pick up on the fact that im waving because we both have the same car you know?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't wave at me please, that makes you look like a lonely creepo waving at strangers.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:17 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Callaway
Don't wave at me please, that makes you look like a lonely creepo waving at strangers.
LOL. I've driven up to two vert owners last year (two ladies), in one case I had to get their attention in a major way (bose speakers render shouting useless) but they were pretty receptive to the nice car remark.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by swordsman54
Yea, I know what you're saying man. Even around the rest of VA, I have driven past plenty of Gs that don't acknowledge waves. They usually look away if a 37 or rev their engine is a 35. It is pretty funny though sometimes...
Maybe they are just engine braking? saw it on a sticker " I'm not revving, I'm engine braking" LOL.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
But at the end of the day aren't you still driving a fwd compact car? Lol
Yeah well that's why I won't lose sleep if I get beaten by a built 20 year old civic.

Quick Reply: Are all G coupe owners Douchey A-holes?