G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

is it "ricey" to use nismo stuff on the G?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Exactly. You have a good head over your shoulders for such a young age. I'm 35 and I have yet to buy me a brand new car. It would be nice but I hate that initial depreciation hit. I really like my "old" G, I like it enough to consider buying/leasing a brand new G when it gets redesigned.

I drove some POS' on my teens, and every single one of them I had to buy with the money I made. It wasn't until I was well into my mid 20's when I finally bought me a car I really liked.

I think that some parents are insane. I mean who on their right mind buys their teenage kid a world class sports/super car? I remember seeing this YouTube video a few years ago about this teenage kid with his brand new GTR trying to follow an evo on a twisty road and crashes. Stupid parents.
I saw that vid, it was sad
Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I remember seeing a post a few months ago, some kids like I wanted a 335i but my parents got me stuck with a g37.... haha this kid got smashed from everyone on here, even i felt bad, but he did set it up on himself. I cant stand when people arent greatfull for what they have, I knew someone who got an audi a4 for her first car and bitched and cried cause it wasnt the a5, that set me off!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Steveo47

i would take a g over a 335. BMW in generals are for cocky rich kids. A guy who went to my high school, he was the kind of kid who **** the bed daily. He had one, and anther guy equally as useless had a g37. And at one point he had red neon on it. Anyone these were such fails and i dont understand how theyre parents even brought themselves to buy it. Both of them barley graduated
Old 01-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
i would take a g over a 335. BMW in generals are for cocky rich kids. A guy who went to my high school, he was the kind of kid who **** the bed daily. He had one, and anther guy equally as useless had a g37. And at one point he had red neon on it. Anyone these were such fails and i dont understand how theyre parents even brought themselves to buy it. Both of them barley graduated
I knew someone just like that too in hs!!! stupid ran red halos and get pulled over in a day
Old 01-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Are we still talking about Nismo parts?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:37 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Are we still talking about Nismo parts?
Maybe, did you buy them yourself?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Steveo47

Originally Posted by rks
Maybe, did you buy them yourself?
hahah of course
Old 01-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the kids with new car topic: I would let my child use a family car, but do it the way my parents did it. We got the oldest one in the family and there were tons of strings attached to teach responsibility. Making them buy a car would be a good alternative, if it would pass the parental safety check. Luckily I have 16ish years to consider this.

Down with kids driving expensive cars. A girl in town got a new Ferarri for her 16th (back in the early 90s), totalled it after a few weeks and then got a replacement! I hope that her parent's used it as a learning experience...

Anyone think this would make an interesting poll?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:28 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
I saw that vid, it was sad
Been looking for it but can't find it!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Lim'G37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with coprolite. But It's a stereotype that all rich parent like that who buy their kids a sport cars or super cars as their first car. There alots of parents that teach their kid family moral and other life experience. Only parents who work too much and don't spend enough time with their kids that why they buy them everything to get their love.

I don't like nismo oil or radiator cap. I like more the ARC oil and radiator cap.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Exactly. You have a good head over your shoulders for such a young age. I'm 35 and I have yet to buy me a brand new car. It would be nice but I hate that initial depreciation hit. I really like my "old" G, I like it enough to consider buying/leasing a brand new G when it gets redesigned.

I drove some POS' on my teens, and every single one of them I had to buy with the money I made. It wasn't until I was well into my mid 20's when I finally bought me a car I really liked.

I think that some parents are insane. I mean who on their right mind buys their teenage kid a world class sports/super car? I remember seeing this YouTube video a few years ago about this teenage kid with his brand new GTR trying to follow an evo on a twisty road and crashes. Stupid parents.
Thanks for the compliment.I leased my Max so depreciation isn't an issue for me. My first car was a 2003 chevy impala that my dad bought me. A year later I get my 2010 Maxima which I pay for, but its under my dad's name. And I agree with you that parents shouldn't be buying teenagers exotics and supercars roght off the bat. A certain story comes to mind. In Long Island, some wealthy guy bought his 17 yr old son a 06 BMW 330i (Not a supercar but still a bit much for a 17yr old.)for christmas. You know where this kid is now? You guessed it 6 feet under, he slammed the car into a tree, killed himself, and severley injured his two passengers.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:22 PM
BuzzLY37

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a question for you guys, I know people bash on Gs with 350GT or 370GT emblems and we are all okay with Nismo items on our cars. Isn't our cars Nissan 350GT or 370GT in Japan anyways? I understand that we are driving Infinitis here in the States and not Nissans, but wouldn't in a way we are still repping our vehicles?

I'm just wondering, please don't bash me for raising this point.

I've seen cars repping their brands such as Toyota drivers put TRD emblems even though they have no mods. What are you guys' opinions on Gs with just Nismo emblems or license plates or similar things but no mods because some people just want to be proud of what they drive?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:48 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The problem with having JDM badges is that our cars have the steering wheel on the wrong side.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DUDES..Nothings wrong with alittle JDM flavor on your ride but don't mix match the infiniti badges along with nissans that's idiotic..
Old 01-15-2011, 12:41 AM
akuma_83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude im rocking the badges and I get compliments all day... people oo-ing and aw-ing all over the place... I say just rock your ride the way you want... Nissan or Infiniti... its all the same... the car is made in Japan ! and we love to own one, so just be proud of your whip !

Quick Reply: is it "ricey" to use nismo stuff on the G?