Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Twin Turbo G37 on 22s??!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 PM
37hevn

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Just put a dollar total on it and this game is over.
dollar amount just means someone got taken. a buddy with a 370z got a tt kit installed did 605 on dyno for 15k. dollar amounts are for people with short johnsons and want to have a pissing contest imo. anyone can not shop around and not price match and put a lot of money in it.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 PM
37hevn

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cribbsjy
StillenCatBack-HFC-Headers-Pullies-Gen3(DEIwrap)-25row-Uprev-Jhook-SwaysStrutNismoSusp

^That is your signature.

Not entirely fair for you to count each individual component of your intake-exhaust setup, and calls his first mod "turbo." If you want to break it up, then break it up. I guarantee, that #1 has more mods than your entire setup.

Also, you list your Uprev tune, but not his custom tune. And you list your suspension, but not his. I'm not saying his car is better than yours, or that he has more mods (though I think he does... by a lot); but at least compare apples to apples.
i didnt say i had more/most i thought i obviously stated that...but yes i do count headers seperate from hfc and seperate from cbe. if you compete in autox or other events its seperate. i guess its just subjective how you count it. obviously a tt would account for more of a mod. i was just commenting on the post. i also said that i didnt know his mod list cuz i didnt see it
Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
......haha, holy tread bump!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was trying to follow what's going on with this thread but all I get out of it is more whiny "he didn't mod his car like I would have so I don't like it" BS that seems to be way too common here on myg37.com

It's sad really because this is in no way the worse G I've ever seen. Are 22's counter-productive when you want a faster car? Sure. Does it look bad? Surprisingly no (in my opinion). Was the build done right? Seems like he addressed everything that you need for a custom kit. No need to change internals for this build. He's only running 10 psi max boost.

I'm lost about the arguing... lol
Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
I was trying to follow what's going on with this thread but all I get out of it is more whiny "he didn't mod his car like I would have so I don't like it" BS that seems to be way too common here on myg37.com

It's sad really because this is in no way the worse G I've ever seen. Are 22's counter-productive when you want a faster car? Sure. Does it look bad? Surprisingly no (in my opinion). Was the build done right? Seems like he addressed everything that you need for a custom kit. No need to change internals for this build. He's only running 10 psi max boost.

The funny thing is there are some people that would talk smack about this car, but be in favor of disproportionate tire and wheel setups that can't perform as well as stock.

Surprisingly it doesn't look as bad as you would you would think 22's would look...I wouldn't do it to mine.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:07 AM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer

Not sure about them but for me. It wasn't about how I would like it because like you it seems like the build was done correctly. Only thing that doesn't make sense is the wheels. 22's IMO are just way to big for the G. By that time your speed gauge will be off 3-5%. I would of stuck with either 19's or 20's.

Also, the wheels don't really look that bad it's just the size that bothers me.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 37hevn
dollar amount just means someone got taken. a buddy with a 370z got a tt kit installed did 605 on dyno for 15k. dollar amounts are for people with short johnsons and want to have a pissing contest imo. anyone can not shop around and not price match and put a lot of money in it.
Agreed but that was not my point. My point was people were adding up their intake, LED swaps, license plate frame and springs and saying they had more mods. Which is yet another "my **** is bigger than yours" game.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:19 AM
davv1215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 22's really don't look bad. The way people were talking here, it's like he rolling on vomit that's twin turbo'd with a set of 22's. I wouldn't go with 22's because I feel they're too big for the car, but in no way does it look horrible. I think these negative opinions were wasted on this G. Save it for something really horrible, like 23's, and a lift kit on a G or something.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
The funny thing is there are some people that would talk smack about this car, but be in favor of disproportionate tire and wheel setups that can't perform as well as stock.

Surprisingly it doesn't look as bad as you would you would think 22's would look...I wouldn't do it to mine.
Agreed. I was going to bring up the same thing in regards to tires, but thats "popular" around here so I didn't feel like arguing lol.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by tejasg37x

Agreed. I was going to bring up the same thing in regards to tires, but thats "popular" around here so I didn't feel like arguing lol.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:24 PM
eVitO

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
LOL WTF 3k start off? Even with an aftermarket clutch, that's a little high...
Old 06-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I would take this car over 99% of the cars on this site.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Same here because I can change the wheels.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Wow make it stop.. :-( R.I.P G37.. Poor Poor G

He needs a good home.