G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 coupe with AWD, is the 'sport package' worthy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 03:21 PM
nethole
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 coupe with AWD, is the 'sport package' worthy?

With the 2011 model year there is a G37x and supposedly it can get the sport package. Is a G37x(S) worthy or driving?

or would a G37S (no awd) be "way better" [in fair weather]

I see references to the sport package being available on the infitini website, but can't find any details/reviews that suggest it make a G37X as fun to drive as the G37 auto with sport package.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:18 PM
NYCMaxima

Originally Posted by nethole
With the 2011 model year there is a G37x and supposedly it can get the sport package. Is a G37x(S) worthy or driving?

or would a G37S (no awd) be "way better" [in fair weather]

I see references to the sport package being available on the infitini website, but can't find any details/reviews that suggest it make a G37X as fun to drive as the G37 auto with sport package.
That depends on you man. The g37s rwd is good if you have another car you can drive in bad weather. Other wise, I would just go with the g37XS. I think the G37s is more for people who want to have fun, and the G37XS is for those who want a stylish sport coupe they can use all year round.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:27 PM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think true sport cars are and should be rear wheel drives. (traditionally) So for me, I would only get X if I have to. If weather allows you, you should buy RWD, and if you have quite amount of time to drive in snow without other car, you should get X.

For future modding (with much more products and choices), staggered tire set up, RWD car is much easier to deal with.

And Yes. Sports package is well worth it in a long run. You will regret you should've got everything if you don't now
Old 12-20-2010, 10:37 AM
nethole
Registered Member

rough part is that I can't find any more 2010 sport models with graphite interior (virginia) with maintainable exteriors (which means, no white, no black, and no red due to law enforcement attention)

--I have a truck to drive during winter, so no absolute need for AWD. But If I have to wait to purchase in a color I want (and I'm going to be forced to pay the 2011 price premium over the 2010 discounts), I might as well get AWD.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:20 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
rough part is that I can't find any more 2010 sport models with graphite interior (virginia) with maintainable exteriors (which means, no white, no black, and no red due to law enforcement attention)

--I have a truck to drive during winter, so no absolute need for AWD. But If I have to wait to purchase in a color I want (and I'm going to be forced to pay the 2011 price premium over the 2010 discounts), I might as well get AWD.
What part of VA are you in? Have you checked with Charles Barker in VA Beach or Pearson in Richmond? Also, hit us up in the VA thread below! We're pretty familiar with those two dealers here in SoVA.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/northea...a-g37s-51.html
Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 AM
nethole
Registered Member

No 2010 with NAV PRM SPRT on the charles barker website,
pearson only has AWD listed on their website

---I'm in the blacksburg, Roanoke area. so It's going to be a drive to pretty much any dealer. Be it the cluster in NOVA, or the next group down in charlotte/winstom-salem NC
Old 12-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Diving

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoshLee89
I think true sport cars are and should be rear wheel drives. (traditionally) So for me, I would only get X if I have to. If weather allows you, you should buy RWD, and if you have quite amount of time to drive in snow without other car, you should get X.

For future modding (with much more products and choices), staggered tire set up, RWD car is much easier to deal with.

And Yes. Sports package is well worth it in a long run. You will regret you should've got everything if you don't now
The XS comes with staggered tire setup so no problems there.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:18 PM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Since there is an XS available, where there hasn't been before. It should be a good choice for those of us that live in Snowy areas that are concerned about weather conditions. Me I personally prefer a Sport only model, I happen to like the RWD only option, that's what Snow Tires were made for, that's just me. But, with an XS Coupe there is a way to have your cake and eat it too.

Until the XS comes in a 6MT format, you won't see me upgrading anytime soon.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No 2010 with NAV PRM SPRT on the charles barker website,
pearson only has AWD listed on their website

---I'm in the blacksburg, Roanoke area. so It's going to be a drive to pretty much any dealer. Be it the cluster in NOVA, or the next group down in charlotte/winstom-salem NC
Gotcha. I'm not too familiar with the Charlotte dealers. I hear Lake Norman Infiniti is pretty good. I lived in Charlotte a few years back.

I'm not sure whether CB in VA Beach can find you one. They found mine. I was looking for a 37S 6MT Black on Black for a while and they finally found one. I'll shoot you a PM and give you a name if you're interested. He may be able to find something for you.

Good Luck with the hunt.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:51 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
personally since i've had both the durability of AWD in the snow makes it a big importance. if you have an extra car for those bad winter months, then get the RWD...you still feel the extra weight of AWD in it.