G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Inside air recirculation with a/c compressor off possible?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:35 PM
briann510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inside air recirculation with a/c compressor off possible?

I have read the manual and tried every way possible and it doesnt appear there is a way to have the inside air recirculate on and a/c compressor off at the same time.

Got behind a stinky diesel today with button lit for outside air and heater on so I hit inside recirc button and the damn a/c compressor comes on. Hit a/c button to turn it off and it goes back to outside air recirc automatically. Pissed me off cause you got the heat on and a/c compressor at the same time. I can see where it might turn a/c compressor on at same time to take moisture out of air if in defrost mode only but not when just heater is on only the a/c/ should not come on. All my other cars will do it but not this one.

Is it just this stupid design on this car?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Push the heat *** for auto, then the A/C button to turn it off Then just push the fan control to turn up the fan.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 PM
MyocyteX

Yes, it is stupid, super annoying!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:54 PM
briann510

Thanks ill try it later tonight/ The whole auto thing is BS on all my cars.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
MyocyteX

Yeah, there are some features that sound cool on paper, but in practice they are useless. Sometimes I can just hit the fan ^ button and that wil turn on the fan and then I can change the heat. One of these should work.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:25 PM
briann510

Ok I tried the auto button on and off but nothing I hit in any sequence will let inside air re-cir with a/c compressor off.
So...when behind a stinky diesel or other smells I just gotta let the a/c compressor run in inside air mode or shut it off completely.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:26 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by briann510
Ok I tried the auto button on and off but nothing I hit in any sequence will let inside air re-cir with a/c compressor off.
So...when behind a stinky diesel or other smells I just gotta let the a/c compressor run in inside air mode or shut it off completely.
The AC button is lit?? Push it again it will go off.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:07 AM
s2ktoEvo

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Not on recirc it won't.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:16 AM
briann510

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Yes a/c button is lit and as soon as I push it again it goes off and it goes back to outside air mode. The only way inside air button remains lit is if a/c is button is lit. Its fricking crazy...We tried for 20 minutes every conceivable way to do it but car is apparently set up to use ac compressor on if inside air re0cir is selected. On our other cars if I hit the a/c button when its lit again it does go off and remains on inside re-circ, so its just this car thats fugged up how it works.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:23 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The AC comes on in recirculating mode becuase the windows will fog up due to the humid air being recirculated through the car. Having the AC engaged makes sure that won't happen. Some cars do it this way, some don't.

I always have the AC on otherwise the windows fog up pretty quickly.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:29 AM
hoofhearted

It's possible, but you may have to increase the desired temperature to a higher setting. This works for me when the temp outside is lower than inside the car. I set it on auto, recirculate, then hit the AC button to off. They need to make a manual override for the HVAC system.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:57 AM
briann510

Its no big deal as its my wifes car and she would never notice it but I drove it today and it bugged the heck out of me. Our other cars never fog up the windows with a/c off on inside air once inside temp has warmed up.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:20 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe this is how all Nissan/Infinti with auto a/c work. My 06 maxima is the same way. Won't recirculate with a/c off. I just go around the source of the smell if possible if not just turn the a/c on until I can get away from the smell.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Skilled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes i have the same problems here i like to do everything manually and set it the way i want sometime and the damn auto a/c always turn on if you push air circulate.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:56 AM
s2ktoEvo

Originally Posted by hoofhearted
It's possible, but you may have to increase the desired temperature to a higher setting. This works for me when the temp outside is lower than inside the car. I set it on auto, recirculate, then hit the AC button to off. They need to make a manual override for the HVAC system.
And if you pay attention you'll notice that as soon as you turn off the AC it goes back to outside air.

I suppose if it was really annoying you could always pull the fuse to AC.

Quick Reply: Inside air recirculation with a/c compressor off possible?