Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

When taking your car in, make them SWEAR NOT TO WASH IT

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:55 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
When taking your car in, make them SWEAR NOT TO WASH IT

I just took my car in for some warranty work--they did a great job, but DESPITE asking TWICE not to have the car washed, someone washed it.

It's like they washed it with bear claws! Holy ****! Deep scratches everywhere along the body. I was getting a long fine without a random orbital; dual bucket, careful to rinse off the mitts, light hand buffing. Now I need to get some pads and fix this

It looks terrible! Make them swear to keep their dirty mitts off of it!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
man, thats brutal sorry to hear that. When i went for an oil change, it looked like they just sprayed it with recycled water. it was COVERED in water spots. had to use a paint cleaner and everything. JUST because of that i think i may just start doing the oil changes myself
Old 12-02-2010, 05:03 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
I know what you mean, last time I told them not to wash it, and they did anyways!

Next time I'm posting a sign on the car, "DONT WASH IT!" "POR FAVOR DE NO LLAVAR"

LOL
Old 12-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Tape a sign onto the steering wheel like Raul said.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Bullit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hear ya, i just bought a brand new(6miles) 2010 black X and when they brought it out to me the damn thing was clawed to DEATH ! it looked like they washed it with a wire brush. so they tried to fix it but all they did was put more swirl marks on it. so its still there until they figure out how to fix it. the dealer says swirl marks are normal for black cars, but i said the scratches are not !

funny thing is they said they had a guy that specializes in "black" cars? HA !
Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
That sucks... Cause I plan on bringing my car in with the next week or so... Wish me luck!!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:29 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Silver will fare better. My dad has a amethyst and I can barely see imperfections.

Black + dealership wash =
Old 12-02-2010, 05:38 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, you really have to put a sign inside the car reminding them not to wash it. Otherwise, the communication will most likely get messed up and they'll just end up washing it.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I just took my car in for some warranty work--they did a great job, but DESPITE asking TWICE not to have the car washed, someone washed it.

It's like they washed it with bear claws! Holy ****! Deep scratches everywhere along the body. I was getting a long fine without a random orbital; dual bucket, careful to rinse off the mitts, light hand buffing. Now I need to get some pads and fix this

It looks terrible! Make them swear to keep their dirty mitts off of it!!!
same thing happened to me i asked, can you please no wash it? they said okay no problem. i come back for my car an hour later and they say its in the process of being washed. i was like i asked for you not to! and they said it was too late. i was an angry man.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Ask them to schedule to send it pass the detailing guy first. So that means it's on the ticket to be skipped when they finish actual work on your car.

I had the them almost wash my car once, then the service guy remembered and said he'd have it go through the section where they don't wash it with instructions not to wash first, then they would send to get work done.

It's like they are in a routine to provide the free wash after they work on the car and totally "forget". I'm not sure if all dealers have that process I just said. But sticking a note on the wheel should do it too.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
My dealer has been pretty good about not washing it when I tell them. If they can't fix it themselves I think some people have managed to get a quote from a 3rd party professional detailer and had the dealer foot the bill.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:45 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Good info guys. The first thing I did when I got my new car was cancel my car wash membership. After 6 years with the old ride I'll admit I stopped washing it myself, but no way anybody touches the paint except me on my new G.

Anyone have any tips for cleaning the leather? It's nice and non-glossy leather, so I don't want to put any shiny ish on there. But the window tint clown at the dealership got some glue like stuff on a few places. Any help will be appreciated. I'd rather fix it myself then drive 60 miles round trip and have them screw something else up.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:54 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Lexol leather cleaner works great.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 PM
samrwalker

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
My dealer has been pretty good about not washing it when I tell them. If they can't fix it themselves I think some people have managed to get a quote from a 3rd party professional detailer and had the dealer foot the bill.
What dealership do you deal with?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Frankyg37s

i heard leatherique is best for leather

Quick Reply: When taking your car in, make them SWEAR NOT TO WASH IT