Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

When taking your car in, make them SWEAR NOT TO WASH IT

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Jamler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Not on the service order, despite bring it up twice.

I guess next time I'll have to ask to see the service order before I hand over the keys. And put a note on the steering wheel. And maybe the shifter. and the windows.
Service Manager at my dealer KNOWS not to have the washers touch it.
First of all, its usually clean anyway. They do it automatically though, I do
remember one time he said to me... Your car is ready, then turned and didn't
see the key... Went running out to wash area and personally got in and drove
it around to me... LOL He said he's starting a new system with a red card on
the dash, when customer does not want wash...
Old 12-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Skilled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same thing happen to me man!! i'm taking my car back in monday for something and i will make sure i make then swear!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by lier200a
I have liquid platinum and my car's been washed my them many times (everytime for service) and no scratches or swirlies... actually, It even looks shiny.
Hard to believe!

If any of you are having your cars washed by dealership or of the side of the road somewhere your paint is getting scratched. Now if you lease I understand! But if you fiance, you obvisously don't really care about your G. If you did you would learn how to wash & detail it yourself. I give some credit to those who live in apartments with no where to wash your car, but if you really love that $40,000 plus first/second investment you would wash it yourself.

You think the detailer who gets paid minimum wage if not commission gives a fck about your car when he drops the sponge or rag on the ground? Absolutely not! He'll go back to washing your car with it like nothing happened! Seen it a million times and I have fired 2 guys for doing so back when I manged a detailing co. for a reputable exotic car dealership.

I like others place a sign on my car that says "DO NOT WASH CAR". Works like a charm!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:28 AM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
Bob Moore Infiniti in OKC. When I said have the dealer foot the bill I was talking about other peoples experiences I've heard of. I've never had an issue with mine. Even when they did wash it it looked ok.
Sorry to thread jack but I am moving back to Norman in 2 weeks after dealing with Sewell in Dallas. Always had good experiences with them and a couple of people there said Bob Moore was overall very good. How do you like them?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Mayu

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
Hard to believe!

...I give some credit to those who live in apartments with no where to wash your car, but if you really love that $40,000 plus first/second investment you would wash it yourself...
Funny you say that since this was a big issue for me. Recently bought a condo a year after the G... Condo feature that sealed the deal - "Two carwash bays in underground parking." I can wash, wax and detail in the warmth of the garage even in Toronto winters?!
SOLD!
Old 12-05-2010, 04:55 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BHB 91
Sorry to thread jack but I am moving back to Norman in 2 weeks after dealing with Sewell in Dallas. Always had good experiences with them and a couple of people there said Bob Moore was overall very good. How do you like them?
They are pretty good. Nothing to complain about atleast. They always seem to get done what I asked and have never given me any issues. Even with my mods.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Stylin G
Registered Member

I totally feel you man. I tell them to not wash my car everytime also. They haven't washed it yet but they worked on the brakes and scratched the **** out of my caliper. You can see bear metal through some of these lacerations. Who'd they have work on my car? Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:50 AM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i just took my car in the very first time for an oil change at the stealership. ( i just want to have some service document with infiniti the first time) I have to telling them over n over again not to wash my car with their compliment Service free car wash.

Last edited by 123u; 12-06-2010 at 06:02 PM.