Sponsored By:

Oh the joys of G ownership...Warranty Work Done To Date

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh the joys of G ownership...Warranty Work Done To Date

Well I've had the car 3 months, driven it 5000 miles and have been in the shop 3 times, and soon to be 4!!!

Here is a list of the WARRANTY work I've had to date.

Brake Judder: Dealership resurfaced rotors and replaced pads
Center Console/Arm Rest was loose and squeaked constantly: Dealership replaced lid with new one that fits tightly and doesnt squeak
Trunk Lid Gaps were extremely off when lid was closed and the trunk was tweaked to the point where you could push on it and it wiggled: Dealership replaced hinges and tighten properly.
Top Dome of the instrument gauge is peeling back from the side buttons: Dealership just ordered new part and will replace.
Foot rest pedal is deteriorating and developing what appears to be a hole in it: dealership is replacing:

Things I paid for:

Oil change---$40
Oil change---$40
Alignment---$130 at dealership
One door trim replacement---$40 ( was notified afterward that they would have done it under warranty if I asked )

Best part was when driving home from the dealership last night is turning onto a road by my house from a stop sign when all of a sudden my clutch pedal when limp with no clutch engagement and no pressure in the pedal...I pulled to the side..put it in neutral, then into first..slowly let up on the clutch and it start up again..WTF?? I can only hope I dont have to face a clutch replacement in the next 20k miles since I think I'll probably sell it in that time.

My plans with the car have gone as such:

When first purchased: keep it until it dies 4-6 years
After reading about issues and starting to have them myself (2nd dealership visit): Drive car 2-3 years then unload it
After my recent dealership visit and continuing random clutch issues last night: 1-2 years of driving...then sell it..and warn anyone else considering these over hyped Altima's to stay away..far far far away.

Positive Side!

My local dealership and maintenance rep there has been super cool about all of it....always details my car and give me loaners every visit. I will be giving him a nice bottle of bourbon for his excellence in service next time I'm in there.

Last edited by Atlanta_G37S; 11-10-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had mine for a little over two years and the only times it's been to the dealer has been for scheduled service every 3 months.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:33 AM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
thats sucks man! I've been lucky!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

I will say.....I was skeptical about the car when I bought it....started to fall in love with driving it...and still enjoy driving it...but those moments are constantly and frequently being tainted with the monotonous issues I've been having with the car.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
If you noticed the 08s have the most issues then 09s ae better and the 2010s seems less. Why? Simple. All redesigns take up to 3 years to work out the issues. I have maybe about 6-10 issues with this car. Half are what you have mentioned. Mine is an 08. Learned my lesson and next time I'll buy a 3 year off re-design.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is why I no longer buy used cars....
Old 11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
This is why I no longer buy used cars....
yeah I thought I'd be ok with a car with only 15k on it...but damn you know??
Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
My warranty work done to date...

-- End of File --
Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
litening

I have an '08 that I bought as soon as it came out and started having problems a few months ago. At times, the car won't accelerate beyond 4,000 rpm and goes into "limp mode". The problem is that it doesn't generate a check engine light and the dealer can't figure out what's wrong. I caught 1 incident on video and gave them the video - nothing was done about it. The last incident was 2 weeks ago and finally got a check engine light. The car's been at the dealer since, just got a call today saying the parts are in and they expect to give me the car back on Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they truly figured out what's wrong and can actually fix it.

I love driving the car, but I'll have to get rid of it if the problem happens again cause I simply need a car I can rely will get me from point A to B.

You guys are right, I'll never get a car again that has just been re-designed and has new technology...
Old 11-10-2010, 02:31 PM
jason92classic
Registered Member

I had the brake shudder at 6k miles. It's been common with many Nissan/Infinitis over the past decade and I heard they worked it out in '09. Their tier-II (or III) brake supplier SUCKED. I had the problem on an Altima, Frontier, AND Pathfinder!!! All within 10k miles! Luckily the dealers have been amicable in every situation.

Other than that, my G is "my other girl". 90% of the time she's very happy with me and treats me perfect. Other times she doesn't perform quite as well but still looks, feels, and smells terrific
Old 11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
The Jewbag

I have a 2008. My car has been in service more times than I care to recount. It's in service right now for a 15 item long list (LOL). I hate this POS.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Wow ...I feel lucky, ours had had brake judder, fixed for free and that's it. 08 Journey
Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 AM
AKG37
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had a lot of problems with my '09. I bought it new and had problems from day 1. This car is by far the worst(quality) but also the best (performance, styling) car I've owned. Luckily I've recently found a better dealer than before. I was going in to fix one problem and came out with three, with the original problem not fixed!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:48 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I have an 07 S,6spd MT with 15,000mi, and just had my car in the dealer for only TSB's and Warranty wrk on interior Items, dealer here is very mod frndly, they Installed my HFC, no questions asked. But never had the Sticking CLutch issue yet....Hope I don't, and no Brake issues either. Not sure If I got a car built on a Wed instead of a Mon Or Fri, when one has Hangover, and other guy is thinkin of what to drink at end of day while building a car, LMAO....But so far so good, just stuck on weahter to sell or not for a new 2011 GT Stang! LOL.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

yeah surprised these things didnt come with a full tank of sake with the amount of debouchery that had to be going on with the with all the crappy quality builds they put out

Quick Reply: Oh the joys of G ownership...Warranty Work Done To Date