Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Oh the joys of G ownership...Warranty Work Done To Date

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:43 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where have you been taking your car too?

I hope not Nalley Infiniti.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Of course Nalley Infiniti....but the one in Marrietta......Roswell infiniti is a joke. and I'm not taking it to the one in Decatur...that's too far away and in the ghetro

why where do you take yours? gwinett infiniti? Also too far for me and in the ghetro
Old 11-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Kirkules

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Atlanta_G37S
Of course Nalley Infiniti....but the one in Marrietta......Roswell infiniti is a joke. and I'm not taking it to the one in Decatur...that's too far away and in the ghetro

why where do you take yours? gwinett infiniti? Also too far for me and in the ghetro
Any thoughts on Infinity of South Atlanta? I'm new to this & wondering about their reputation. I'm south of town so they are most convenient.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
All the issues in the OP are very minor.

It'd be different if the electronics were blowing, engine dying, etc.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
All the issues in the OP are very minor.

It'd be different if the electronics were blowing, engine dying, etc.
I disagree...even though mostly cosmetic and trim related...those are still hours of my life I have to spend driving to the dealearship and waiting...or days i have to drive one of the crap g37 sedans...

and you're missing the main point....a car this expensive shouldnt have these issues to begin with...poor poor quality of infiniti
Old 11-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Originally Posted by Kirkules
Any thoughts on Infinity of South Atlanta? I'm new to this & wondering about their reputation. I'm south of town so they are most convenient.
never heard of it...worth a try I guess...Nalley decatur is not bad..just too far for me...and decatur is ghetto
Old 11-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Originally Posted by kschwar1
during the basic warranty period I'll go as far as saying we should only expect to be doing oil changes...
agreed....but is that the case???.........NO!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

Really I would like to get in contact with you over the phone about the customer service how I was treated and what damage Nalley Infiniti did to my car after having it repaired.

I will not, and will not ever do business with Nalley infiniti. They pulled some strings to get me the loan based on my credit history, after paying previous loans, and I was able to get financed through Infiniti Corporate.

However, after what warrenty work they did and did not do, then their service techs shaking their head at me like I had no clue what I was talking about, they finally resolved my problem. If my employees ever did that to a customer, they would never work at my business again.

I am contemplating a direct complaint through Jim Newsome that handles all Infiniti complaints for all Infiniti offices. Very very nice guy, good ol' boy.

I wouldn't take my car there.

Brought it in for an oil change, and a look over, they put a large scratch on it then used a deep rag that made more scratches to try to cover it up. Ontop of that damaged my wheels and my back bumper.

Its a very long story.

However, I deal only and strictly with Roswell Infiniti. I never acted like a jerk to Roswell infiniti and made sure that I was very respectful and they were clear on what I needed done. They did a ton of work to my car and disclosed some information I wasn't aware of.

They did a lot of warrenty work nalley did not even consider doing. I am VERY pleased with Roswell infiniti and what they did for me. They made my car ride a helluva lot nicer, and fixed some warrenty service bullitons.

If we could get on the phone for a long chat, or I could fill your ears here, about the way I was treated and about what they did to damage my car then completely did not even act like they did it, you would be disgusted to bring your car there.

Nalley infiniti has a lot of complaints on Google. I can open a dispute with them to get my bumper that they damaged fixed, but I would rather eat it and keep going to not get involved again with them at all. They're all jerks. All the service reps, they have kids working in the tech place.

Man roswell replaced my steering wheel and shift **** under warrenty at no expense to me, and made it look so much nicer, and fixed my ticking and popping windshield, low and behold, the car was WRECKED and Nalley never disclosed that information to me. I want to pursue it, but I plan to trade the car in, in 2 years anyways, So it doesn't matter.

That's my .02cents, Their is a lot more behind it. Big John in Finance was a cool guy, Reggie King was a cool guy AFTER he seen my credit score, and Jenny the front desk lady was very sweet.

No one in service is worth a crap, except Ryan. but after what went on with my car, I will never take it back there again or do any business with them at all. I'm so pissed. If you can't tell, lol.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:55 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

For those who remember that I bought my car brand new at the dealer with
700+ miles on it. And every body was like, that's a USED car. I was a bit concerned, fortunately I have had minor issues with it at 65k+ miles on it so far. Knock on wood!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Skilled

i took mine to gwinnett infiniti ok people, i would recommend talking to byran or i think!! don't talk to matt he was telling him to do some TSB service for my brake juddering he said its will cost. when i brought my car for service with cluster trim and such i told the other guy to check my brake fore TSB and turn out i got everything for free..

o BIG note DON'T let them wash and vac your car.. MINE is black and they put swirl marks all over my BLACK 08g37s. i was like what the heck and the car wasn't even clean..
Old 11-13-2010, 12:43 PM
lier200a

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in the warranty information (and it was mentioned on anpother thread in this forum) that the car comes with a 1-year or 12,000km problem/worry-free warranty which includes wheel alignment. So you shouldn't have had to pay for that wheel alignment and if any problems arise during that period, its covered under warranty.

I just bought a vert and they have fixed many things on it (brought it in like 5 times now in the last 6 months) and so far, I've only paid for one oil change. They've replaced my entire roof (it frozed when going down), battery died when I tried to start it up, steering was off centre (free wheel alignment), found a cracked panel, and the roof cords were wearing out (changed the inner lining too because the guy got oil on it during the cord replacement).
Old 11-13-2010, 12:51 PM
lier200a

Yup, I found it (and a found a correction). At the Canadian website under "ownership" and then "warranties", On page 11, it states

"During the first 12 months or 20,000 kilometres (whichever comes
first) of the Basic Coverage, all required service adjustments that are
refinements in original factory fit, alignment or performance, as
required, will be performed by an INFINITI dealer at no charge. After
this period they are considered to be maintenance services. The term
“adjustments” as used in this warranty refers to labour-intensive
repairs which are not usually associated with the replacement of
parts, such as but not limited to: front end alignment, wheel
balancing, headlight aiming, body panel/door/hood adjustments,
drive belt adjustments, wind noise, lubrication of locks and hinges
and tightening of clamps and hardware."

My service advisor basically said, "The first year is worry free, anything that is wrong is on us so complain about anything and everything that isn't right and we'll make it right"

I think you should go back and complain to a manager... get some money back
Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Well I certainly will bring it up with them when I take it in the for the next round of warranty replacement items.

Come next spring this car is going to be on the market that's for sure
Old 12-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

update.......car has been in shop for 2 weeks.....going to pick it up today, maybe.

I took it in to get the top of the instrument gauge hub replaced
Also foot rest peddle was wearing abnormally.....

Both items were confirmed to be covered under warranty. Hub was in stock, foot pedal wasnt. Turns out the foot rest pedal is rivotted to the carpet so they would have to replace the whole driver side carpet piece.Took a few days to get the part. When it came in it was the WRONG PART! They called me and told me they ordered the exact part # listed in the catalog for it and would have to contact infiniti corporate to figure out what happened. A week goes buy, nothing, I was out of town and didnt care. So as soon as I got back in town i called becasue i was tired of driving the POS base 09 g37 model sedan they gave me...which is truley garbage. My moms honda accord has more features than this thing does.

They said they had no resolution and it could take weeks, if not months, to have corporate sort out where the error in mislabeling these parts is coming from....then they said they werent sure if they would reassemble my car so I could have it back. I told them I want my car back and driving this crapola loaner car was not acceptable.

So finally after talking to the guy overseeing the whole service department and explaining to them i wont be willing to drive the loaner for months until they figure it out, they agree to re assemble the carpet back in my car. An hour later, another call from them....turn out my battery has died due to whatever timing valve thingy and now they need to replace the valve and battery ....all under warranty.......I was like fine whatever just get it going and get it back to me....

This car is going on autotrader next. I'll never own another nissan/infiniti so long as I live. I compromised when buying this car thinking it would be great style and value...turns out dont matter how much you polish a turd...it's still a pile a crap.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

update...picked the car up...sans the replacement carpet and pedals.

When I went to drive off I grabbed for my seatbelt..and when I pulled it across something felt funny.....seemed like the belt was riding high on my stomach and not my waist. So i adjusted it and noticed it was making some weird noises when i tried to pull it each time...I get out..fold my seat foward...THE BELTS WERENT EVEN BOLTED DOWN!!!!!

They merely tucked the bottom of the belts under my rear seats on both sides...so I rolled it into their garage and had a tech tigheten it down....

WTF...had I not noticed...and drove off, and got in an accident, those belts wouldnt have held up. That would have been a massive lawsuit against the dealership.

This dealership I'm going to is the premiere dealearship here in atlanta and they cant even get that right. Customer service is good though...but parts service is crap....

Who wants to buy a fully optioned...and i mean every option available....g37s coupe 6mt with 22200 miles on it? Selling for $30k.

Quick Reply: Oh the joys of G ownership...Warranty Work Done To Date