Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ive gone modding crazy... what next

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ive gone modding crazy... what next

Okay, i went to infiniti to get a oilchange the other day. I saw a blacked out grill and i just had to have it. I bought it and thats what set my loose. So far ive gotten: R2C intake, betty's grounding kit, interior/liscense plate led replacement, Garax 6000k headlights, led daytime lights... So whats next? im getting an exhaust come the summer, im thinking HKS. But what else?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
thats how the addiction starts LOL!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
loz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you got wheels and suspension?
those are the first two things i do to any car i buy.

When i first started modding cars i used to do all the little stuff, mainly because spending $50-$500 was always within budget and easy to impulse buy... but then i realised adding up all the little things still ended up costing bank in the long run, and i wasn't any closer to a hot car..

The best way i find to mod a car is to have a clear picture of what you want the final result to be, and for what purpose. Why are you modding it? Looks? Comfort? Track Work? ... just to go faster?

Personally since the G37 is more a grand tourer than a sports car i figured i didn't want to change anything performance myself, i just wanted a nice comfortable daily cruiser that turns heads.
(once you got a set idea in your head it's easier then to stop yourself from buying pointless mods..)

So far i have simply done: Wheels, Airbag Suspension, Midnight Grille & Exhaust Tips... I read these forums and always want to buy a full exhaust/SC kit etc. but knowing why i built the car stops me from spending any more...

As for performance mods, it's a N/A so bang-for-buck is always going to be pretty poor.... Exhaust and air induction will give you a little and make the car feel faster due to the sound, but past that not much really makes any impact...

(and i've never really understood grounding wire kits in new cars, it's not like we drive old hotrods that have poor electrical grounding? Even my Drift Cefiro running Massive boost and Capacitive Discharge Ignition has never had a need for extra grounding wires over factory...?)

Last edited by loz; 11-07-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Steveo47

its so bad, i wish i didnt see that grille or right now i would be alot richer. Ill see something on the forum, and 10 minutes later it will be on the way to my door. Anyways no i havent done suspension. Ive seen some diy's and it looks pretty difficult, i dont know if i had the ***** to do it yet.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:00 PM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fortunately, those are all the small things that won't break the bank...

just wait till you go suspension --> exhaust --> supercharger... then we'll know you're an addict.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:00 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by loz

I was in the process of writing this.. Springs/coilovers, sways, and a nice set of wheels. Do it.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Steveo47

i got the grounding kit because as you say, its cheap and easy to buy. Im hoping it will help out with the throttle lag a bit (since ive heard it may). Plus i got it in red, so it will make the engine bay look cool. Right now my plan is (iim sure it will change): Exhaust, strut bar MAYBE a hyptertech/blitz throttle controller because the lag is killing me, after that im gonna save up bit time for a TT kit. In between there i wanna paint the OEM blacks (since my car is OB). Im more about performance, and a bit of coolness factor (Ex. 6000k HIDs)
Old 11-08-2010, 12:18 AM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Suspension hands down has to be the next thing you do. At least springs....but if the bug has truly hit you then do it right and go coilovers. Immediate improvement on looks and performance.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 AM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the mod bug has bitten!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 AM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
can i see the pic of Midnight Black Grill?
That will be my next mod.
These are what I did to car and What I will do last is exhuast and nothing else

LED interior (door,map,trunk) exterior (License plate, City Light (only)) to white color, like OEM lexus or bimmer lights, none of blue
Tint 30% all around
Suspension
Wheels
Stillen splitter.

and i want Blk girll now
Old 11-08-2010, 07:25 AM
JhonnyboyNYC
Banned

bro headlights asap... one of the sickess mod in any G37...
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 AM
IntangibleBW

Originally Posted by loz

When i first started modding cars i used to do all the little stuff, mainly because spending $50-$500 was always within budget and easy to impulse buy... but then i realised adding up all the little things still ended up costing bank in the long run, and i wasn't any closer to a hot car..

The best way i find to mod a car is to have a clear picture of what you want the final result to be, and for what purpose. Why are you modding it? Looks? Comfort? Track Work? ... just to go faster?

Personally since the G37 is more a grand tourer than a sports car i figured i didn't want to change anything performance myself, i just wanted a nice comfortable daily cruiser that turns heads.
(once you got a set idea in your head it's easier then to stop yourself from buying pointless mods..)

So far i have simply done: Wheels, Airbag Suspension, Midnight Grille & Exhaust Tips... I read these forums and always want to buy a full exhaust/SC kit etc. but knowing why i built the car stops me from spending any more...

As for performance mods, it's a N/A so bang-for-buck is always going to be pretty poor.... Exhaust and air induction will give you a little and make the car feel faster due to the sound, but past that not much really makes any impact...

(and i've never really understood grounding wire kits in new cars, it's not like we drive old hotrods that have poor electrical grounding? Even my Drift Cefiro running Massive boost and Capacitive Discharge Ignition has never had a need for extra grounding wires over factory...?)
great post and great points
Old 11-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Springs or coils next for sure.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Steveo47

Originally Posted by JoshLee89
can i see the pic of Midnight Black Grill?
That will be my next mod.
These are what I did to car and What I will do last is exhuast and nothing else

LED interior (door,map,trunk) exterior (License plate, City Light (only)) to white color, like OEM lexus or bimmer lights, none of blue
Tint 30% all around
Suspension
Wheels
Stillen splitter.

and i want Blk girll now
Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
^^ Nice!

Quick Reply: Ive gone modding crazy... what next