Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How much should a 15k and 30k service cost

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much should a 15k and 30k service cost---Cashing in on TSBs?

At 20k miles...didnt do the 15k service because they wanted $500 at the local dealership to do it. I've been diligent about the oil changes though...30k is right around the corner and they're going to want to hit me up for that too...what have yall come to find for this cost?

Repairpal.com has it estimatd at $279 at the highest for dealerships including labor!

Last edited by Atlanta_G37S; 10-28-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:18 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't ever do an XX-mile service, they are just dealer rip-offs. Follow the maintenance schedule in your manual and you will be fine. Btw, any time you take your car in for service they will inspect major components. There is no need to spring for a "major service" for that....
Old 10-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

maintenance schedule in the manual has something every 6 months or 4000 miles basically.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

i was going to get an alingment on the car....but noticed the TSB ITB08046:

SERVICE INFORMATION Customers may report that their vehicle "pulls" or the steering wheel is "off-center". This bulletin discusses these subjects and provides diagnostic and repair information. See this bulletin for further detail.
Does this mean I can get the alingment done for free under warranty?

I already am going to have them check the brake judder.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Breitling65

I would follow Infiniti book required maintenance only and not what dealer will say, who cares what they say? They need money first place! Your car don’t need anything besides oil change until some late millage.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:49 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
dealer quoted me 699.00 for the 30k. holy ssshhhiiitttt.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:33 PM
bamlorghini

I paid $444 for the 15k mile service then they found out i needed new all new tires because they could tell i rly rly drive my g, so it ended up coming out to $2100 ish then 4 days later i get a flat because 1 of my rims were bent and they even told me that & still let me drive on it and it caused the wheel to pop that fast so then i had to pay $800s for the rim to be fixed( they have some machine that straightens it) so its whatever, idk why ur all complaining dont buy something u cant afford to maintain is all i can say.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Amon_Ra

Originally Posted by kschwar1
they just tried selling me the 30k mile service for $486 in NJ
which dealership...thats the best price I've seen on that...I did some searching on the forum however the the items for this service seemed to be
1) cabin filter
2) engine filter
3) oil change
4) differential fluid change

and maybe a tire rotation
Old 01-23-2011, 01:16 PM
smashhell

Originally Posted by bamlorghini
so its whatever, idk why ur all complaining dont buy something u cant afford to maintain is all i can say.
It's not rather if you could afford it or not. It's if you really need it at all in the first place. Sure we brought a nice car, but that doesn't mean we like to blow our money away.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:27 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I paid $444 for the 15k mile service then they found out i needed new all new tires because they could tell i rly rly drive my g, so it ended up coming out to $2100 ish then 4 days later i get a flat because 1 of my rims were bent and they even told me that & still let me drive on it and it caused the wheel to pop that fast so then i had to pay $800s for the rim to be fixed( they have some machine that straightens it) so its whatever, idk why ur all complaining dont buy something u cant afford to maintain is all i can say.
Haha - fail! Don't buy something from the dealer you don't need and don't buy a nice car if you run it in to curbs and dent your rims. lol

At my 15k, just last month, I told them to forget the in cabin filter and I paid $187.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 AM
kschwar1

Englewood ... also had 'grease suspension joints' and some other small things that you can never tell if they even do.. I think 30k service also has the fuel injector cleaner (manual suggests this is just a fuel additive like the chevron stuff)

Originally Posted by Amon_Ra
which dealership...thats the best price I've seen on that...I did some searching on the forum however the the items for this service seemed to be
1) cabin filter
2) engine filter
3) oil change
4) differential fluid change

and maybe a tire rotation
Old 01-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

$500 is what i was quote at a stealership
Old 01-24-2011, 06:17 PM
jrl022

I bought my '08 6MT used and have an extended warranty on it (no from Infiniti). T's and C's of the warranty just say to follow the manufacturer's required maintenance schedule so I brought the G to a reccommended shop close to my house along with a printout of the 30K serviced details from the Infiniti Service and Maintenance Guide.

Schedule 1 and 2 Maintenance dictates:

- Engine Oil and Filter replaced. Check. Replaced with Mobile 1 Synthetic. About 50 something bucks for oil change and filter.
- Replace Climate Controlled seat filter. Not applicable on our model.
- Replace engine air filter. Check x2. About $20-something each. So $40-something total.
- Replace in cabin microfilter. Filter was pulled and inspected - found to be clean.
- Rotate tires. Not applicable for the S Coupe. Would probably look a little funny.
- Inspect various stuff/joints/fluids.

All this done (and stamped/signed) at my shop was around $110. Does an Infiniti-issued warranty dictate that service and mainenance be carried out by an Infiniti certified shop (almost certainly the dealership)?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:32 AM
s2ktoEvo

Originally Posted by jrl022

Does an Infiniti-issued warranty dictate that service and mainenance be carried out by an Infiniti certified shop (almost certainly the dealership)?
They cannot under LAW require you to do maintenance at a dealership. Just keep the receipts from where it was done.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:35 AM
s2ktoEvo

Not the sharpest tool in the shed huh? No one in their right mind buys tires from the stealership. You could have gotten the wheel fixed for around $200. For what you paid you could have just bought one.

From the sound of things daddy must be hating getting you that car.

Quick Reply: How much should a 15k and 30k service cost