Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R.I.P. Yep, Another G murdered

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:10 PM
1slowvq37

Location: Real Del Mar Baja California Mexico , Chula Vista CA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm grad you are OK, I was rearended on my titan on August 24th 2010, a guy on a dodge ram was doing 70mph on a 35mph zone, we were waiting on a red light and the driver of the dodge ram stepped on the gas pedal intead of the brake pedal and hit the bac behind me and then the hit my left rear panel and then they hit 5 more cars...... paramedics took me to the hospital and now I have a pyle of medical bills...... mys insurance company is taking care of because his insurance is taking tooooo long to solve the case due to there were six cars involved......
Old 10-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by test007
Why all negative remarks for other driver. I mean we don't know anything about other driver or situation he is in.
Let's not pre judge about others just looking at accident photo.
If other driver had a kid, then possibly wife at home worried too.
Nope. His wife was in the first car (read my initial post). She was the first to nearly hit me, husband finished what she started. Stupid is as stupid does, sir. I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for the level of idiocy displayed. I was going to say that neither should have a license, but then I have my doubts that they do.

Pascal: First words out of my mouth as I exited my car... "what the f*** is wrong with you". I was ready to do some damage, but he was obviously hurting pretty bad. Karma?

Update: I got the call from the adjuster earlier. She took one look at the car and "totaled" it. She stated that the visible damage is well over $23k.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:00 AM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Damn. I'm sorry to see that, and know you had a car full of people! But looks like the car did it's job by overall protecting you guys. Thats all that matters. Hope everything works out Insurance wise.

I can't help but noticed your car has an extra mean scowl in the pic at the scene. Looks pretty pissed off. Like its saying "SOB!!!" LOL.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:44 AM
Amon_Ra

you have the option to part the car though correct? you'll have an extra set of wheels now along with other things...take the good with bad
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slowvq37
I'm grad you are OK, I was rearended on my titan on August 24th 2010, a guy on a dodge ram was doing 70mph on a 35mph zone, we were waiting on a red light and the driver of the dodge ram stepped on the gas pedal intead of the brake pedal and hit the bac behind me and then the hit my left rear panel and then they hit 5 more cars...... paramedics took me to the hospital and now I have a pyle of medical bills...... mys insurance company is taking care of because his insurance is taking tooooo long to solve the case due to there were six cars involved......
This same thing just happened to my wife on the 1st of OCT. She was also at a red light in the GMC Acadia took the hit like a champ. My wife spent some time in hospital and is now just starting to return to light duty. She crys her self to sleep in pain every night now.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:32 AM
Doggy

This almost hapenned to me today and I thought of this post, these stupid people in the sfv half of em dnt even have licenses, I was thinking though can you sell any items off the car?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Vasher

Check my previous post #42

That is most likely the reason they made a left in front of you.

That intersection's signal's sequence has changed.

They probably believed you had a red, and they had right of way.
That's how it used to be.The yield signs were put up after the change.

So, are you getting a new G37??
Old 10-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Vasher

Originally Posted by whiddles
This same thing just happened to my wife on the 1st of OCT. She was also at a red light in the GMC Acadia took the hit like a champ. My wife spent some time in hospital and is now just starting to return to light duty. She crys her self to sleep in pain every night now.

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like her accident was much worse than mine.

You guys on bikes are nuts. Too many bad drivers in SoCal for me to consider a bike, though I'd love to have one for the weekends. Be careful, it's easy to take it for granted that everyone is aware of you and your bike.

TV: It's not due to the sequence change (I doubt these people are from around here/familiar with the lights/streets), but the fact that the lights aren't the same on either side of the street. Heading west there is both a light and an arrow, east has only the light. Eastbound gets the green when the westbound (to southbound) left arrow turns red. So, we both had a green light, but I believe there was a vehicle slowly coming to a stop at the red arrow (westbound, on my side of the intersection). The wife must have assumed that this meant she was safe to proceed (I'm pretty sure they weren't stopped and waiting, but had momentum when their light turned green) and her husband "blindly" followed. The "Left Yield" signs aren't necessary for those who understand the difference between a green light and arrow. Sad, but most people are idiots. Despite the light and the signs, they still don't get it.

Honestly, I've felt for a while that I was going to get hit. I've "dodged" more idiots in the past two months than I have in the past 16 years of having a license. Maybe they were mesmerized by the G, drawn to it like a moth to light.

Cars I'm considering;
G37 Coupe
M56
CTS-V Coupe
E550 Coupe
335/M3
S5
GT-R
RR Sport SC
Old 10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
jblyden20

All I can say is "DAMN"!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:23 PM
jrl022

Originally Posted by Vasher
Sorry to hear that. It sounds like her accident was much worse than mine.

You guys on bikes are nuts. Too many bad drivers in SoCal for me to consider a bike, though I'd love to have one for the weekends. Be careful, it's easy to take it for granted that everyone is aware of you and your bike.

TV: It's not due to the sequence change (I doubt these people are from around here/familiar with the lights/streets), but the fact that the lights aren't the same on either side of the street. Heading west there is both a light and an arrow, east has only the light. Eastbound gets the green when the westbound (to southbound) left arrow turns red. So, we both had a green light, but I believe there was a vehicle slowly coming to a stop at the red arrow (westbound, on my side of the intersection). The wife must have assumed that this meant she was safe to proceed (I'm pretty sure they weren't stopped and waiting, but had momentum when their light turned green) and her husband "blindly" followed. The "Left Yield" signs aren't necessary for those who understand the difference between a green light and arrow. Sad, but most people are idiots. Despite the light and the signs, they still don't get it.

Honestly, I've felt for a while that I was going to get hit. I've "dodged" more idiots in the past two months than I have in the past 16 years of having a license. Maybe they were mesmerized by the G, drawn to it like a moth to light.

Cars I'm considering;
G37 Coupe
M56
CTS-V Coupe
E550 Coupe
335/M3
S5
GT-R
RR Sport SC
Glad to see that you and yours are (relatively) ok.

Regarding your "considering" list, I mean I love my G37 and it's far and away the best car I've ever had, but that's some pretty heavy company there.

For me, it would be:

1)GT-R
2)CTS-V Coupe
3)S5
4)M3

The GT-R seems to be in kind of a different category that the other options in that it's more of a "supercar" type than the others. If you're willing to sacrifice some (even more, as it were) practicality in favor of being virtually the biggest, baddest thing around south of an actual exotic, I'd spring for it.

Best of luck to you regardless.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Well if you get a decent injury settlement and insurance claim your options may be:

1)Aston Martin
2)SL55
3)Porsche Turbo
Old 10-26-2010, 04:01 PM
jrl022

or 4) Stanford education for the back seat passenger.

So Aston Martin, then?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:12 PM
dsnke1

Originally Posted by jrl022
The GT-R seems to be in kind of a different category that the other options in that it's more of a "supercar" type than the others. If you're willing to sacrifice some (even more, as it were) practicality in favor of being virtually the biggest, baddest thing around south of an actual exotic, I'd spring for it.

Best of luck to you regardless.
****, all of those cars are at least 1 class above the G, with exception of 335. The cts-v is 1 ugly mother though. Know I have never seen a GT-R on the same list as a G37.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT-R is the baddest car under 100k on the market right now, wenr around top gear's track faster than a gallardo, murcielago, f430 and a bunch of others, not to mention how it beat the 911 turbo around Nurburgring. It is truly an engineering marvel, however you would need some deep pockets to maintain it. But if that wasn't a problem I wouldn't consider anything else. Mybae you can pick up a 2010 for under 75k, since the 2011's dropped already.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlanta_G37S
Well if you get a decent injury settlement and insurance claim your options may be:

1)Aston Martin
2)SL55
3)Porsche Turbo
If the other driver wasn't insured then you only have your UIM/UM, property damage, and med pay (for most of these people usually get the minimum). Even more so it doesn't sound like the other driver is going to have significant assets that can be attached. I wish the OP the best of luck but I don't think there is going to be $100K -$150K for each person in the G.