Sponsored By:

Annoying Squeak!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 07:00 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying Squeak!

was driving it around town a few nights ago and came to a yellow light. slowed down pretty fast and from like 30mph to 10mph a terrible squeak comes from my brakes! what happened? never had this issue with any other cars ive driven let alone this g37. drove it more and went light on the brakes for stops. very little squeaks, if any. really apparent on hard braking.
anyone else have this issue? whats the fix?
went to get servicing done at dealership today and inquired about the problem. they told me it was my painted calipers that are causing it and they cant help me. they said "it's going to wear down". i dont really believe that as i painted my calipers months ago and the problem is very recent. thought id post it up here now since my dealership wont help me.
thanks
Old 10-23-2010, 07:08 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mystakin
was driving it around town a few nights ago and came to a yellow light. slowed down pretty fast and from like 30mph to 10mph a terrible squeak comes from my brakes! what happened? never had this issue with any other cars ive driven let alone this g37. drove it more and went light on the brakes for stops. very little squeaks, if any. really apparent on hard braking.
anyone else have this issue? whats the fix?
went to get servicing done at dealership today and inquired about the problem. they told me it was my painted calipers that are causing it and they cant help me. they said "it's going to wear down". i dont really believe that as i painted my calipers months ago and the problem is very recent. thought id post it up here now since my dealership wont help me.
thanks

btw our cars always make that annoying squeak when we go into reverse.. so fail
Old 10-23-2010, 07:14 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

i asked them what oil they were going to put in and the person told me, "the normal one". i asked what that was and she said, "its what we put in all our cars". at that point i knew my brakes probably weren't going to be fixed or assessed correctly.

ive heard about the reverse thing. surprisingly i havent had that happen to me yet. its just hard braking when driving forward that i get the issue. sounds like i have something wrong with the car and people ask me when im getting it fixed or what i did to it. lol
Old 10-23-2010, 10:31 PM
tjieh

i had reverse issue, brought back to dealer and have them did a brake service it went for away for awhile
Old 10-23-2010, 10:47 PM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tjieh
i had reverse issue, brought back to dealer and have them did a brake service it went for away for awhile

yeah unfortunately these brakes (same with BMW lexus) have brake squeak.

what you can do is periodically blast off the build up and it'll keep it quiet. but yeah unfortunately nobody feels it's an issue... I do ...

i mean if it doesn't do this for a year.. and then it suddenly happens... how is that normal?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:57 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

right? i havent had mine for a year yet, almost half though. out of NO WHERE it starts. if it was normal i would think it would or should have started right from the beginning..