G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Stupid Questionnssss, help me out please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 AM
k4ivin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid Questionnssss, help me out please!

So i'm new to modding and I need a lot of help. I want to get an S tech Front Lip for my G, but to install it, do I need to bring it to the shop? how much would the painting and installing cost? (estimation) and also, whats a real good amount to lower my g? it's on stock, and i want it to be pretty low like barely any between space between the wheel and the wheel outline of the body. Any suggestions for lowering springs to use to lower it? Thanks! haha
Old 10-11-2010, 02:56 AM
djsp

first of all use search, and for front lip you will probably have to get it painted and about installing, most likely it should be easy to install depending on how the good the fitment of the lip is

I just lowered my car on H&R springs and that would be the cheapest way to lower your car to the height you want and you will also need front and rear camber kit for that big of a drop
Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
For the drop, just get coilovers. It will be a little bit more expensive than springs, but it is much higher quality and you will be happier in the end with the result
Old 10-11-2010, 09:56 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
First off there is no such thing as a dumb question...

With springs I would go with the H&R, I couldn't wait to do my drop and went with Eibach and am very happy with the drop. Some people don't mind spending the extra thousand or more and will suggest that you get coilovers... If you can do that more power to you, just invest in a camber kit in addition and do it right.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:33 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For lowering springs, I recommend Eibach Prokit. It's not too low to cause too much inconvenience, but eliminates the wheels gap (space between the tire and fender).

After you install the springs, you'll need to let it settle for a week or 2 then get an alignment. MUST.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Whats an S tech front lip??
Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
ThatsGman

Originally Posted by STOOF

Lol good question, when i first read it i thought of AIT front bumper... maybe he means that
Old 10-11-2010, 03:07 PM
voltic

Just to make things a bit easier for you, for springs:

Eibach: You'll have a tiny gap between tire and the body, or dead even.
S-tech: Some tire will be up in the well.
H&R: Slammed to the point of crazy, your wheel will probably be extremely close to your fender.

Springs are going to feel pretty stock in everything but ride height. When you do it your toe is might be way off, which is going to make the car a bit unstable and will chew your tires, you'll know it if it happens. Just drive the car minimally for the first few days to a week and then get it aligned... Or do it immediately and then again later.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:44 PM
k4ivin

Unhappy

Infiniti Eibach Spring Pro-Kits - 2009-2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan (w/3.7L V6 engine, including "S", excluding AWD) - Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
Can I use those to lower my coupe? it'd be a good amount of lowering right? not too much? and.... how do i install it? i go to a shop for that right?

Infiniti G37 2DR S-Tech Style Front Bumper 08 09
that is the front bumper that I want, but unlike a simple lip like a vizage front lip, it's like a whole front bumper replacement, so I would probably have to get it installed at a shop? how much would that be? plus the painting? haha
Old 10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by STOOF
the pic shows an ait lip that is molded to the bumper, very mis- leading
Old 10-12-2010, 03:06 AM
voltic

Yeah that "S-tech" bumper is very misleading. Like he said, it's just an AIT TS replica lip molded into the bumper, not too sure if I trust that... Anyway, the Eibach you posted is a very mild drop, it'll get rid of the tire gap. I had the S-tech for a little while but even it was too slammed for the area I live, my exhaust is all scraped up. Anyway see my last post, it'll give you an idea of how the different springs will look. Also, search for pictures of the different drops and see what you like best.