Sponsored By:

I've Given Up -

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:19 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've Given Up -

Whassup fellas and ladies -

So after some 19 months of ownership, I've given up. I've had it and can't take it anymore and am tired of it.

How's that for some suspense? lol

Nah seriously speaking, I've tired my hardest to keep this car [Athena] away from the dingleberries and *******s in the world who have no regards for other people's property, cars and possessions (albeit all the same). With a 6+ inch scratch across my door from an a lady who can't park properly to minor yet obvious (to me) dings and nicks across the bumper and not to mention my mom reversing into my front bumper even tho she has sensors all over the car, I've figured that all of my efforts have been futile. I can't take the extra steps, it hurts me too much...

Anyone in the same boat?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Jamler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is pathetic the total lack of consideration on some people... I've used to park on the
End spot right in front of our office building, until I saw the fat biotch who parked next to
me with a giant bag slung over her shoulder opening her door while the slung bag wiped the
side of my car... I actually saw it happen... I said WHOA, you can scratch my car with the
bag on your back... She looked at me like I was nuts, and said; you don't need to park there... I just looked at her and said.. SERIOUSLY???

So get this... I find a spot in the lot way off by itself, nobody parks in the area and there
are a ton of spots close to the building. SO wouldn't ya know, I come out the other eve
and there is a POS old Minivan right next to my car... I was like W T F???
Old 10-08-2010, 04:59 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yup, it hurts when people don't give a **** about a car that's well taken care of by enthusiasts like us. I always make the extra efforts to find the best / safest parking spot available. Unfortunately, we can't control other peoples' lack of considreation.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:25 PM
alyx

Have you guys ever tried double parking? I don't mean like being an ***, but if you already park as far away as possible from most traffic, why not double park as well?

That way, even if that minivan does show up beside you, they'll be a good half a spot away!

I sometimes quadruple park.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:32 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always laugh when I come out of a store and I've parked at the other end of the lot by myself and there are 3 cars parked in the spots around me.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:59 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamler

So get this... I find a spot in the lot way off by itself, nobody parks in the area and there
are a ton of spots close to the building. SO wouldn't ya know, I come out the other eve
LOL. I think driver didn't want to be seen in that POS old minivan.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:06 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Although it was not 6 inch scratch, I had a similar issue at a car dealership. I went to a car dealership for test drive, and when I came out, I had a door ding on passenger side..

I think that most ppl do care about other ppls car, but there are ppl who just don't have a damn about other ppls property.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:11 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamler
It is pathetic the total lack of consideration on some people... I've used to park on the
End spot right in front of our office building, until I saw the fat biotch who parked next to
me with a giant bag slung over her shoulder opening her door while the slung bag wiped the
side of my car... I actually saw it happen... I said WHOA, you can scratch my car with the
bag on your back... She looked at me like I was nuts, and said; you don't need to park there... I just looked at her and said.. SERIOUSLY???

F that. take two spots next time. I don't get why people feel the need to park close to a car that's clearly parked away from everyone else.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by alyx
Have you guys ever tried double parking? I don't mean like being an ***, but if you already park as far away as possible from most traffic, why not double park as well?

That way, even if that minivan does show up beside you, they'll be a good half a spot away!

Be the A$$. Double parking for the win.

disclaimer: this does not work in all cities.
I know I'm not getting dinged at work at least.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:32 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Get a Smart car for daily driving.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:01 AM
rocky

My wife just backed into my door. Ugh. In our own driveway, many feet away. Hope the repairs are not too costly or time consuming. Just that one panel though...
Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 AM
The Jewbag

Lol. The amount of sideswipes and bumper damage I have on my car is depressing. People just care less and less about other's property. Sad.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
SleepyMonkey
Registered Member

I'd rather have a ding than be a douchebag
Old 10-10-2010, 12:17 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah and then I see you, walk over and leave one of my "You Park Like An @sshole" Tickets on your car. I get embarrassed seeing a G double parked because that is usually what the super smug bimmer owners do.

there is nothing wrong with parking a long ways away from anyone, I do it all the time. but double parking (and please god be joking abou quad parking) should be left to the true douchebags
Old 10-10-2010, 12:32 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No matter where I am, I ALWAYS park at the back of a parking lot. I don't mind walking or jogging to the store front.

No need to double park when you can just park away from the idiot crowd.