G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I've Given Up -

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
ive given up trying to keep my black car swirl and rock chip free. my bumper and hood is filled with rock chips. full car is covered with swirls.
i still far away from others and so far its been working fine touchwood.

for those who take up more than 1 spot, eventually you may **** someone off and end up with more damage. better to park inbetween the lines
Old 10-10-2010, 01:21 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
its sad that people are so careless that they can drive people to do this...
Old 10-10-2010, 01:42 PM
j784wrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the G was parked far away from everyone else at the time i left her. i took a single spot in the corner; parked perfectly straight. after a night of lounging, came back to her and found a 6 inch crease on the drivers door + a huge loogie on the drivers window. and no i didn't **** off anyone on the road prior to parking to the G. whoever did it drove a raised up vehicle as the crease was on the high side. i don't get who would hate on a bone stock G.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:38 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have spots picked out for the places I go to most. My spot at work took me 15 minutes of driving through the parking garage, parking in a spot, checking if there was any way for my car to be hit by a door or someone backing out, repeat. I finally found a spot where there is no possible way someone can touch my car short of having the planets align.

My biggest fear, parallel parking...

That would have set me off like no other.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:48 PM
deepFlip

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
No matter where I am, I ALWAYS park at the back of a parking lot. I don't mind walking or jogging to the store front.

No need to double park when you can just park away from the idiot crowd.
i always do this but there's always some imbecile that wants to park next to my car >.<
Old 10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by surfjax87
My biggest fear, parallel parking...
That is very common in San Francisco.

I remember 2 days after I got my G35 front bumper repainted, some idiots in SF left 2 holes on it. Just this morning, I was barely able to get out.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I would modify that persons car,not in a good way.
what a tool, I wonder how many times they bumped the car in front/behind the galant.
should have let the air out of there tires.
people never seem to amaze.
an expensive car is a hassle sometimes.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
voltic

Yeah, I think the G is an idiot magnet. Today I'm over at Fry's and I park over at the far outer end of the lot, in the same row their employees normally park since it's so far away. I come back out not ten minutes later, and some crazy lifted old Toyota pickup that looks like it's been through the desert ten too many times was parked on one side, and a piece of crap econovan with one headlight was parked to the other side. Middle of effing nowhere.

If I see someone ding my car, the vindictive *** in me is liable to grab the spanner out of the trunk and go to town.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:42 PM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
People just don't give a ****. And then theres the people that do it on purpose. Oh hes parked far away so im going to park close just to **** him off. I have been victim of EVERYTHING mentioned in this thread.

1. My mom Has backed into my car. TWICE. The first time when I had my I30 and she had an Isuzu Trooper. Creased the hood pretty damn good and pushed the grille in. The second time she bumped my Altima with the I30 I gave her. Nothing major that time.

2. My car has been a victim of a hit and run in the parking lot at work when I was parked way in the back of the parking to avoid the 15 or so door dings I got in my I30 in that same parking lot. Totaling $1600 in damage. I was so pissed when I walked out and saw it I threw the tupperware bowl in my hand down so hard that it shattered.

3. My step dad has swung his car door open a scraped my door down to the metal. And never owned up to it although it was his color paint on my door. Was only 1/2 inch in size, but still!

4. There is also a nice ding by my gas door that I have no idea where it came from.

I've learned that the more you care the more **** happens. I haven't completely given up, but I don't care as much as I used to. But the **** is aggravating!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:11 AM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I do is when I get to work during the daytime, I park as far as possible, because I work at a supermarket, and there are plenty of retards out there in the parking lot. If Im staying till late night or closing, I usually move my car closer to the store at around 8 pm because its empty by then. Also, because I don't want my $40k car sitting all the way at the end of a dark parking lot late at night. It is true, there are plenty of a-holes out there that re inconsiderate of people like us who maintain and like to take care of our cars. I see it at my college campus too on a daily basis, people backing into others and stuff. The worst is taking and end spot thats far away and coming out to find some knuckle head's beat up trash siting next to you.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
That's how me and the zo6 roll at work in the back parking lot, even though there is still tons of space LOL.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:06 PM
tokyo_gaijin

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Do they allow concealed weapons in your area?
I say you have the right to protect your property!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:42 AM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10-12-2010, 05:11 AM
j784wrx

Originally Posted by xixonmn
hehe. time to use this ticket

*nsfw* http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...y_Twarrior.png *nsfw*
Old 10-12-2010, 09:21 AM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post