Sponsored By:

Would you buy a G37 again????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Rollo
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
I agree a lot with what you^ said. I'm looking for a "fun" car now to mess around with and track for the first year while I throw money at the G and a early 2000s WRX can be had for cheap. Plus, they have the ability to gain power quickly. Seemed like a good fit but...I just can't bring myself to become one of "those" guys. Respect the platform but every die hard Subby fan just drives me nuts. You also hit the nail on the head that it's a cookie cutter build. Every conversation begins with the "Yea, I got the Cobb tune, (Insert 1 of 3 possible set-ups). I think they've become the new BMW owner persona for this generation.

Come to think of it, I haven't come across too many BMW fans in person that get under my skin. Visit their forums however and it will make you want to rip the heads off of teddy bears. You can smell the arrogance through the monitor. That being said, I am considering a E30 or E36 as a track car lol

Don't get on the BMW forums for the newest body style when they are still really new...it's mostly jerks. The forums get really good at the end of each current generation and then when they are a generation old. HUGE number of people on there and many are extremely helpful.

I probably won't get another G because they will be a little old by the time I am ready to retire this one, but I'm glad I got it. I was cross shopping the 2015 WRX, which handles great and I loved but I just couldn't find one for a reasonable price. I am glad I ended up with the G though...I am happier with it than I expected.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Coltrane1
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Count me among those on their 3rd Infiniti. The first was a Q45. Then an '08 G35x sedan, and now a G37x sedan. Over 100k on each car. I like the brand. But then again, I owned 3 different 300z's during the 90's - If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Belial 71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still new to the g but I absolutely love my car to the point of me being on vacation and I miss it..I never see any other coupes where I live so it really stands out....if it proves to be as reliable as all the reviews I've read I would definitely buy another one...
Old 04-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Danmangto

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcalibur
I haven't been on here in a long time, years. I wanted to chime in on Infiniti. One thing like others on here have mentioned is the dash cracking. I'm so F***ing pist about that. I own an 08 G37S Coupe. I purchased it in August of 2008. I've taken care of that car better than my girlfriends lol! Seriously have even cleaned the wheel wells and undercarriage. Waxed the paint every 6 weeks. Washed the car every single Saturday rain or shine and used Meguiars products for protection such as on the dash. My dash started cracking a couple years back and no f***ing Infiniti rep can tell me its from the sun because where my dash has cracked are in places where the sun barely reaches. There should of been a recall on replacing this like the famous bubble in the drivers seat. At least that I got replaced, but Infiniti never fixed that issue because the bubble is back. The cost to replace it is well over a thousand plus labor. I think Infiniti needs to honor anyone with the dash cracking issues to have it replaced at least for up to 10 years. Maybe not people who don't take care of there car or dash, but its obvious when you look at my car inside and out how mint condition she is.

Another issue with this car is if you buy a stick shift like I have the clutch system is weak. Been known to give issues. I even remember Diego of Vossen Wheels was left stuck in traffic when his broke after less than 1 year purchased. For a car this expensive some of these issues are why I wouldnt buy another. Don't get me wrong, I love my G! But I wouldn't buy an Inifinti again because of the way they handle complaints. Also to add the f***ing idiot marketing manager they had at Inifinti re-branding the car was one of the stupidest decisions in the history of all man kind. I work in Marketing and that guy is on my wall as a joke of Marketing. Funny how he left the company after changing the branding.

Another reason I would not buy an Infiniti again is the cost of parts are expensive, some are outrageously expensive. And some of those parts that are expensive cannot be found by any third party manufacturer, but only at the stealership. If you buy this car, fork out for an extended warranty.

Another reason is the new Infiniti coupes cost. Who the hell wants a 300 HP version. We all want the 400 HP version and those are about $55,000. **** might as well save up a few more thousand and get a Corvette. Down here in Miami they are at a dealership near me starting at literally $56,000.
And since we are on the American point, I'd say if you want a sports car with power at an affordable price, get a Camaro SS or mustang GT. They support a ton more of Mods and with less cost and more power.

My next car If I can afford it and if buying a sports car would be the Corvette. If not a sports car I think I'll go with the new Tesla Model 3.

My Car As is today
The old infiniti coupe's were expensive too. A similar Benz or BMW will cost more. As for parts.. try buying parts for a Benz.. or having maint that you have to pay for, much more $$ in my experience. I agree, I would only buy the 400 HP version. The one advantage the Infiniti has over the Camara/Mustang is All Wheel Drive, can drive the car all year round where I live in Northeast with Snow. Sure you can drive the Camaro/Mustang.. but they are terrible in the snow, know matter what tires you use. Half the time they are blocking traffic, they are stuck in the snow going sideways.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Belial 71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Danmangto
The old infiniti coupe's were expensive too. A similar Benz or BMW will cost more. As for parts.. try buying parts for a Benz.. or having maint that you have to pay for, much more $$ in my experience. I agree, I would only buy the 400 HP version. The one advantage the Infiniti has over the Camara/Mustang is All Wheel Drive, can drive the car all year round where I live in Northeast with Snow. Sure you can drive the Camaro/Mustang.. but they are terrible in the snow, know matter what tires you use. Half the time they are blocking traffic, they are stuck in the snow going sideways.
I've been the guy stuck sideways so I Definatly understand that
Old 04-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by Danmangto
True.. but for the price they offer alot... When I compared BMW/Mercedes coupes they were alot more $$ for the same features.. The maintenance, like services or brake jobs.. far more $$ on the BWM/Benz, they will cost you. Performance matters, but have to look at the full picture, maintenance costs/reliability.. which G usually better in my experience of owning these cars over the years.
Depends how you look at it. BMW has free maintenance, which for me means free rotors, pads, oil changes, air filters, cabin filters, windshield wipers, etc. for 50k miles. So far the maintenance on my BMW has been $0. If you intend on keeping a car far past the warranty period, then your numbers will vary.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Danmangto

Originally Posted by Belial 71
I've been the guy stuck sideways so I Definatly understand that
Me too when I had to drive my 05 GTO one time in an unexpected snow. LOL! I was able to get home, but really struggled. LOL
Old 04-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Danmangto

Originally Posted by Ryne
Depends how you look at it. BMW has free maintenance, which for me means free rotors, pads, oil changes, air filters, cabin filters, windshield wipers, etc. for 50k miles. So far the maintenance on my BMW has been $0. If you intend on keeping a car far past the warranty period, then your numbers will vary.
I have free maintenance on my G coupe too. Oil changes and tire rotates.. other stuff I have to pay. I didn't think they covered brakes on free maint plans? Nice... Once you hit past 50k on that BMW, maintenance/repairs will be far higher than on Infiniti. Best to only lease german cars.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:38 AM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
I agree a lot with what you^ said. I'm looking for a "fun" car now to mess around with and track for the first year while I throw money at the G and a early 2000s WRX can be had for cheap. Plus, they have the ability to gain power quickly. Seemed like a good fit but...I just can't bring myself to become one of "those" guys. Respect the platform but every die hard Subby fan just drives me nuts. You also hit the nail on the head that it's a cookie cutter build. Every conversation begins with the "Yea, I got the Cobb tune, (Insert 1 of 3 possible set-ups). I think they've become the new BMW owner persona for this generation.

Come to think of it, I haven't come across too many BMW fans in person that get under my skin. Visit their forums however and it will make you want to rip the heads off of teddy bears. You can smell the arrogance through the monitor. That being said, I am considering a E30 or E36 as a track car lol
This morning I saw a Subie guy on facebook complaining about the trade in value dealers were offering (like 25k) for their 2 year old WRX with 15k miles. Drives me crazy! I'd never pay 25k for a used WRX and they're complaining that is what the DEALER is offering them? lol the G is used and pretty sure it's lost more value over the last two years.. Subaru's are like a glock 9mm--way too cheap for any idiot to be able to just go out and buy. All these guys modding their WRX since brand new and then complain that their cars value went down a couple grand over time...smdh they got the talk to back up their numbers they are capable cars but they don't have the wallet for the consequences.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:25 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
I mean, if I was a young(er) guy and that was the car I wanted it's extremely affordable. Not sure what the guy was crying about considering a new 2017 WRX retails for 26.5K give or take $500 around me. That dealer basically offered him retail price for his car...that tells me the dude overpaid BIG TIME if he thinks that was a low ball offer.

Again, the car is stupid easy to mod but it's just such an obnoxious looking car IMO. VWs do the exact same thing to me for some reason. I guess everybody I've come across that drives them are tools? I also always get the ಠ_ಠ look from them as they drive by.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:27 PM
SlateBlue G

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
My g37 was my 3rd Nissan that's gone now. Won't be coming back unless I get a gtr. Infiniti's going down the toilet with the new models. No 6mt, lsd, electric steering bleh
The following users liked this post:
RMB5190 (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 02:57 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SlateBlue G
My g37 was my 3rd Nissan that's gone now. Won't be coming back unless I get a gtr. Infiniti's going down the toilet with the new models. No 6mt, lsd, electric steering bleh
The G37 is my first Nissan/Infiniti product. Very happy with it but feel like there's nothing to really look forward too with he Q line :/
Old 04-19-2017, 03:12 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
This morning I saw a Subie guy on facebook complaining about the trade in value dealers were offering (like 25k) for their 2 year old WRX with 15k miles. Drives me crazy! I'd never pay 25k for a used WRX and they're complaining that is what the DEALER is offering them? lol the G is used and pretty sure it's lost more value over the last two years.. Subaru's are like a glock 9mm--way too cheap for any idiot to be able to just go out and buy. All these guys modding their WRX since brand new and then complain that their cars value went down a couple grand over time...smdh they got the talk to back up their numbers they are capable cars but they don't have the wallet for the consequences.
Honestly I have no clue how wrx and evos hold their value so well. I know it's because of their reputation, but seriously such better cars for wayyyyyyyyy less. I wanted one so bad because they don't really depreciate. Especially in the amount of time I hold on to cars.

But my gf had sound advise, would you want your clients seeing you get out of an evo/sti or a g37?

The newer sti's aren't nearly as boy racer, imo.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:27 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
Honestly I have no clue how wrx and evos hold their value so well. I know it's because of their reputation, but seriously such better cars for wayyyyyyyyy less. I wanted one so bad because they don't really depreciate. Especially in the amount of time I hold on to cars.

But my gf had sound advise, would you want your clients seeing you get out of an evo/sti or a g37?

The newer sti's aren't nearly as boy racer, imo.
I guess, but other than huge power, what "reputation" in terms of all the other categories you know what I mean? Even at that, they're all on built engines which you can do with any car really. I agree with you, I was very much in the same boat - believe we are close in age and share similar taste (obviously) but I did own a 2013 Lancer SE before my G and when I got into an EVO X I literally said "It's going to be like I never changed vehicles". With that being said, my Lancer's interior was sh*t. Not sure what you're experience was but just about any EVO you get anymore is going to be beat on, modded and I'm not about to take on a $30K car note for something beat on and put away wet by someone else - I can do that all on my own.

You're G/F had good advice. The G is sharp, attractive and demands respect from others. My dad even had something to say about the G and its quality and he hasn't spent less than 30k on a car since 2000. I believe you should get what you want and what makes you happy but I think in 5 years the late 20's / early 30's you will be thanking the early-mid 20's you for passing on the boy racer look.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:14 AM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
......would you want your clients seeing you get out of an evo/sti or a g37?
Funny I was also looking at an evo but I sometimes have to go meet up with clients....happy I got a G

Quick Reply: Would you buy a G37 again????