Sponsored By:

Would you buy a G37 again????

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by koa789
None of those cars are even in the same category as the G except maybe the 335, and even that has always been superior to the G in terms of refinement and performance. In my opinion, Infiniti doesn't make anything to compete with the IS-F, M3, or the C63. Those cars are in a class of their own, and there is a reason they cost as much as they do.

If I could do it all over again, I would not. I'd get something still RWD, but with a v8 or a v10.
I was just looking for a RWD luxury sedan/coupe. I didn't want anything as big as a 5 series, GS, or M at the time so that's why I was looking at those vehicles.

While it was "cool" that the IS-F, M, and C63 came with V8s what am I going to do with that? I test drove all of them and really one of the deciding factors was that the G was roomier inside. The fact that it offered better value was also nice.

I appreciate the technical nature of the vehicles and why they're priced the way they are but I since I don't track my car the premium I pay for a M3 or C63 would be solely for the badge.

I was looking at the M56S and BMW 550i the other day and I couldn't come up with a good reason to spend an additional $20,000 for the BMW over the M.

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 10-07-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beerme986
go on any other car forum and they will all complain about how their cars are full of problems.. but no i would not buy this car again assuming i can afford a 335 in the future
I had a 335, and if you asked me if I'd buy another..or lease, the answer was no. Loved the car. No way I'd trust the long term of that car.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 AM
HP_John

Sometimes, even though a manufacturer is known for reliable cars, you may not end up with a reliable car. I don't base 1 personal experience as a sample size to decide if a whole manufacturer is reliable or not, in general, the avg Infiniti owner has less reliability issues than the avg German luxury car owner.

I still think no other car at the G37's price has as much value to offer & is so well balanced. The 335i coupe is a excellent car, but at a price premium over the G37, so for me, the G37 makes the best choice
Old 10-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Creepers
i think my next car will be german. ive only owned japanese cars. maybe the new 3-series.

yupp same here, I'll be content with a pre-owned M3 sedan..

not buying Japanese except for GT-R..
Old 10-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Breitling65

Originally Posted by beerme986
go on any other car forum and they will all complain about how their cars are full of problems.. but no i would not buy this car again assuming i can afford a 335 in the future

bimmer 335 coupe or S5 audi is next, I am disapointed of water leaks from windows issue exist until now in G coupe since 08 models. also some limited options on my current X like 18 inch rims, cheapo nerrow tires and no spoiler etc. overall X is good car, but I like better.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 AM
JMASE_215

Originally Posted by Goonz
yupp same here, I'll be content with a pre-owned M3 sedan..

not buying Japanese except for GT-R..
Me too, pre owned or new (whatever fits my budget). I had an 08 g37s coupe and now I have an 10 G37X coupe. Unless the 2013 coupe blows me away I think I'm going german with the M3 or S5. I was hesitant to get another G because back in Nov of 08 the dealership had to call in some engineers from Japan and keep my G for a month because of the screeching noise I kept hearing on the driver’s side.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:31 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd REALLY have to love everything about a car before I'd buy it twice.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:27 AM
gooddeal

I will get another Infiniti b/c the price is right and I don't have any issue on 4 Infinitis so far.

I cannot justify to spend 50k+ on a car even if I can afford to pay in cash...unless I hit a lottery.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kschwar1
My next car will be german (never should have gone outside BMW), slow, and have a proper 6-speed and coat of paint. 328i or something like that.

So you're saying that you aspire to buy a slow car, or just that you don't need the speed that comes with the G37?

FWIW, I kinda feel the same way about the Audi A5. Even with the 2.0T engine, it would be just fine for me. I used to think I'd need more power to be happy, but after driving one I know that I'd be just fine with it.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MSCA
So you're saying that you aspire to buy a slow car, or just that you don't need the speed that comes with the G37?

FWIW, I kinda feel the same way about the Audi A5. Even with the 2.0T engine, it would be just fine for me. I used to think I'd need more power to be happy, but after driving one I know that I'd be just fine with it.
I felt the same thing after I test drove the C63 and M3. I mean their nice cars but I have no use for that kind of setup on a day to day basis.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

I still love Infiniti but I wouldn't buy another G. While I love the look of the 'vert, I wouldn't buy it because of the roof. Cool gimmick but I wouldn't want to own it (I lease).
Not sold on the looks of the regular G coupe. Not real luxurious or real fast. If I get another Infiniti it will be another M. That M56X would be great.
If I was shopping right now....that Mustang GT, with a dealer installed supercharger, would be awfully hard to resist. ONLY downside is that they are a dime a dozen the street.

Shane D
Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
After driving / owning a lot cars over past 50 years or so, I'm more certain about what I want as a daily driver. I feel the car I own needs to impress me not "compensate" me. Abilities/features that can not be legally recognized on a public road are not of great importance to me. Because I use it as a daily driver; it also needs to be dependable, comfortable, and fun to drive. The G has done that very well for me.
However, competition is just that. So, I would buy another, but, at that time, the G would have to compare as favorably with other choices in the $35K - $55K range as this car did at time of purchase. I also would, based on my experience with the 2009 G so far, give the Infiniti G an edge over other cars in the class, especially those that I have owned in the past and impressed me less.
Short answer... Yes I'd probably buy another.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:32 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Depends how the G looks when that time comes. I'd definitely consider it, but I'm not one to get the same thing twice. I like variety.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I love my G but I don't think I'd buy a second one.

Unless Infiniti steps up their game and creates a M3/ISF competitor.

Imagine an Infiniti G40. 4.0L V6 with factory turbo and 430 horses.

My next car would probably be a family car. SUV or a full sized truck.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Nick3753

The last consumer reports I looked at had very high marks across the board for the G37, and the 3 series was quite poor. I didn't look at the A5. Every car from any manufactuer can have problems especially the more high tech they get, but in general the G seems much more reliable than the other cars in it's class, except perhaps the IS which is on par. Test drive them all, consider your wants, desires and finances, then take your time and make an educated decision.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a G37 again????