Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Would you buy a G37 again????

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 05:11 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
I personally consider Audi your best bargain brand. They offer twin turbo in their cars and they are priced below BMW.. Our cars have no twin turbo so that's why they are a bit cheaper because if you do want to add twin turbo on the G, it will cost you thousands.
Audi best bargain? Does everyone ignore their high, very high repair and maintenance costs? Not to mention their poor reliability so either you will be hassled into always taking it in for warranty work or high costs outside of warranty. I owned a car that needed to go back to the dealer a LOT (a Sterling) and while it was under warranty it didn't make it any more enjoyable to deal with.

IMHO when you use the word "bargain" for a car you need to consider more than just msrp.

Last edited by 2008G-Man; 03-20-2014 at 05:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
xorbitman (03-22-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
Where do you get a Q60 for 36,775? Where do you come up with these prices? If youre going by MSRP, its listed at 40k starting and the G37 sedan starts at 32k. Lol

Build Your 2014 Infiniti Q60 Coupe | Select Model | Infiniti USA

Which model starts at 36k?

I personally consider Audi your best bargain brand. They offer twin turbo in their cars and they are priced below BMW.. Our cars have no twin turbo so that's why they are a bit cheaper because if you do want to add twin turbo on the G, it will cost you thousands.
As I clearly stated in my post, the prices are from truecar.com. This is a website that generates "pre-negotiated" car prices you can literally print the certificate and then go buy the car for that price.

http://www.truecar.com

The reason I used that website instead of MSRP is simple, people don't buy cars for MSRP. Why would you use a meaningless number for comparison? Infiniti offers much more substantial mark downs on their cars than their competitors, especially when compared to new models such as BMW 2/3/4 series and the Mercedes CLA.

As previously stated, if you think Audi is the best bargain brand, you are not taking the lifetime ownership into consideration. Twin turbos are required to make the BMW 3L engine produce similar output to the G37's 3.7L NA engine. So if you are going to ask Infiniti where the TT's are, then ask BMW where that other liter of displacement is.

BMW TT is fun until your high pressure fuel pump becomes a regular maintenance item...

Last edited by Ryne; 03-20-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: My better judgment prevailed...
The following users liked this post:
xorbitman (03-22-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 09:35 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Audi best bargain? Does everyone ignore their high, very high repair and maintenance costs? Not to mention their poor reliability so either you will be hassled into always taking it in for warranty work or high costs outside of warranty. I owned a car that needed to go back to the dealer a LOT (a Sterling) and while it was under warranty it didn't make it any more enjoyable to deal with.

IMHO when you use the word "bargain" for a car you need to consider more than just msrp.
Originally Posted by Ryne
As I clearly stated in my post, the prices are from truecar.com. This is a website that generates "pre-negotiated" car prices you can literally print the certificate and then go buy the car for that price.

Hassle-free car-buying experience from a nationwide network of certified dealers. - TrueCar

The reason I used that website instead of MSRP is simple, people don't buy cars for MSRP. Why would you use a meaningless number for comparison? Infiniti offers much more substantial mark downs on their cars than their competitors, especially when compared to new models such as BMW 2/3/4 series and the Mercedes CLA.

As previously stated, if you think Audi is the best bargain brand, you are not taking the lifetime ownership into consideration. Twin turbos are required to make the BMW 3L engine produce similar output to the G37's 3.7L NA engine. So if you are going to ask Infiniti where the TT's are, then ask BMW where that other liter of displacement is.

BMW TT is fun until your high pressure fuel pump becomes a regular maintenance item...

I have several friends with newer model Audi's and they are perfect. Zero problems. Just because they were bad back then doesn't mean they are still bad now.. Look at Kia and Hyundai..
Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

I have several friends with newer model Audi's and they are perfect. Zero problems. Just because they were bad back then doesn't mean they are still bad now.. Look at Kia and Hyundai..
Reliability aside, I still don't see how you consider Audi to be the best value?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:33 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
For now ....
Old 03-21-2014, 01:05 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
Reliability aside, I still don't see how you consider Audi to be the best value?
They are cheapest in their class. The R8 is the cheapest and slowest supercar, the A4 can be bought for 33k A8 is a LOT cheaper than the s550 or 745i the a6 is A LOT cheaper than the 5 series or E class.. If you compare their S models or RS models, they are CHEAPER than AMG or M series..

Audi is the cheapest German brand money can buy.

Lol the S4 is can be bought for under 50 out the door! Haha!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:07 PM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Larry G: Are you for real? You think that you can get a brand new Audi S4 for about $50 K? You're dreaming of course...that's if you want the car delivered without wheels and seats inside....Don't make me laugh. Why don't you walk in to a Porsche or Audi dealership and please let me know what you find....and don't find. Depending on your market you may find that there are no Audi S4's on the dealers lots and if you want one .....it'll cost you....big time.....closer to over $60...
Old 03-22-2014, 05:17 PM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They are cheapest in their class. The R8 is the cheapest and slowest supercar, the A4 can be bought for 33k A8 is a LOT cheaper than the s550 or 745i the a6 is A LOT cheaper than the 5 series or E class.. If you compare their S models or RS models, they are CHEAPER than AMG or M series..

I don't know what planet you're from. I was at the most recent car show up here in Montreal and both the S6 and the new RS7 were both more expensive than the new BMW 750 Li $155K vs $130 Can. and I'm assuming the price variance is the same in the USA. Audi A4s are known to burn oil after a year or two. Audi said that they fixed the issue...but many of us are not convinced. An S4 stripped at $50K but when you add the same options as a Q50 you end up a lot more expensive. Why are you comparing sedans and coupe prices...if you want to compare a G37xS/Q60 Coupe with the equivalent Audi you need to look at an Audi S5 or and Audi A5 S-line and they are very expensive...and that design is now getting a bit old....only because you see so many of them on the road. You don't see as many G/Q coupes...and there in lies the advantage of the Infiniti's....When you see a G/Q Coupe on the road, you tend to smile and say hmmm that looks really nice....when you see a A5 on the road you say nice car.... but I just saw one 5 minutes ago!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

R8 is the cheapest supercar? I would argue GT-R.

I dont think I would wan't to own a $33k A4, that would be a barebone mess of unreliability. $33k would get you a well equipped G37 sedan though.

Audi is not the cheapest german brand you can buy, that would probably be VW.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
But VW is built in Tennessee, so being built in America it's a little skewed.
VW/Audi/have been around a long time.
They were almost put out of business, from the s5000 model that was a huge problem for them.
It would just pop out if gear when in park, it almost wiped out the brand completely.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm already planning my next G or Infiniti

Audis, bmws & Mercedes are too expensive to...anything, cost of ownership is not worth it, plus biggest d bag cars. Mercedes are awful, in my opinion, most will prob disagree. I work at a car dealership, most of us wouldn't touch any of those.

It's a personal preference, I think the Infiniti is one of the best sports cars under 100,000. Consumer reports actually called the 370 the best sports car. I do like the R8 (but would rather a GTR) & the 2002 S4 & m3 in general used to be my favorite car.

Next car might be a corvette or GTR or another G or the Q50 EAU Rogue

Right now, I think Nissan/Infiniti are the best sports cars. Lexus, the Germans, Chevy & ford can't touch nissan/Infiniti overall. Price, bang for the buck, cost of ownership, modding, class, style, performance, personally i think Nissan/Infiniti have the best combination of these. Mustangs, camaros may have more HP, but aren't sports car they are muscle. The Germans are sports cars. But...they've gotten boring. I feel ppl buy them for the name & because they're told they are performance cars. They are...good, I would take one if it was given to me, but this point in time, I would not buy one

Let's see how many ppl that post upset

Last edited by Vance67; 03-27-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:31 PM
MsTgr
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have loved my G37X from the time I drove it off the lot. Maybe it is your aprticular car and if problems with taking it back for repairs, it is the dealership or service department. I get treated like I am royalty when I take my G back for anything to include personal phone calls asking me if I need anything. I have NEVER had this maintenance free type vehicle nor have had this awesome service. I would buy another Infiniti in the future...and I have never been a repeat customer of any make or model bought, and I paid cash for my last 3 new vehicles to include this one. There are lemons out there...including the luxury lines...look at Cadilacs! LOL!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:40 AM
DPNx714

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Although I plan to keep this G coupe for awhile, I would definitely buy another G Coupe/Q60. I have a thing for the sport-luxury segment and the G nails it on styling, interior, performance, features, and price. I've only owned it for a year but I'm sure the relability is there too!

I only consider Japanese makes, so the only other car I looked at was the IS350. However, I own a IS300 so I did not want another sedan and the IS350 does not come in manual. I also thought the F-sport spindle grille would grow on me but it sure did not.

By the way, I do like the German counterparts (BMW 435 etc), but I don't think I would ever own one.

I hope the remodeled Q60 coupe improves on everything I love about the G...only way I would consider a newer car anytime soon.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:14 AM
dgey1

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I'd buy infiniti again. my next one will either be the M56 or eau rouge. I'm not really brand loyal, but this infiniti may have change my mind.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Quenblue4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vance67
Next car might be a corvette or GTR or another G
I agree pretty much with this.

I love my G. However, I really can't see myself buying the same car. If they change the look and I like it, then maybe.

I think my next car will be the new chevy stingray. However, I'm still highly undecided.

Right now, I still love my G.

Bottom line is, there are tons of great cars out there. If price is not an issue, hell buy 5-6 cars that you like.

However, we all know price is always an issue. So, choose the best car you can afford after doing a lot of research.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a G37 again????