G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Would you buy a G37 again????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Okita240

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It'll depend on the quality of the Toyobaru.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:05 PM
GWizz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a 2003 G35 Coupe which I had up until last Dec and I just bought a 2008 G37S Coupe. Why? It's a good balance of power and luxury and I know if I had too much power it would just get me into trouble.

The G35 I bought new and there were A LOT of little problems that brought me back to the dealer the first year I had it but after that it was a solid car for the next 7 years. I've had a good experience and find them to be dependable so yeah, I'd buy another.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Axion

Hands down, YES. I like the look and feel. I really enjoy the interior feel as well. Some people can nitpick at whatever but I truly believe the G is an excellent car for the price.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 AM
levin91e

I would not buy the G37 again, It's not as refined as it should be. I have a 2008 fx35 and the build quality is far better then what the G37 has. I would likely replace it with an EVO 10 if I had to do it again.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:08 PM
JuicyG37

I would definetly get a new G its sexy, classy, sounds nice. pretty fast, and a chick magnet. All the cars in the same price category as the g37 are nice but none of them are as sexy. The g stands alone according to looks i just wish there was more power!!! if g's are fixed right then they are jizzable!!! definently would buy a g again if i want a a car in the same prize range!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 PM
MBomb

I think the only car I'd consider getting over it w/ my budget at the moment is a WRX STI, a Z, or a hyundai accent (seriously). You cant get anything nearly as nice for the price. When I was shopping I looked at the 335 and I just realized that it costs nearly 50% more and has reliability issues. No way you can justify it.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Duster

I just bought a new G37S. Haven't taken delivery yet. I'm a little concerned about some of the comments made here, but on the whole, it's actually pretty complimentary.

The biggest gripes people have about the G are squeaks, rattles, some cabin noise, one leaking sunroof, or generally "a bunch of little problems". Contrast that with the BMW's going through fuel pumps, or overheating issues, and it says a lot.

I haven't read about a lot of problems with the G that leave you calling for a tow truck. The same can't be said for the BMW. I was on the fence between the G and the 335i. Similarly equipped, the pricing on the cars puts them in two different classes. The reliability issue is a big concern. I can't afford to be stranded or miss work because of a malfunctioning car.

We'll see - I'm looking forward to driving the G, but I know there is something intangible about the BMW's. I'll check back in once I've driven the G for at least a few months.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 PM
lumpyg37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldnt. Seems like your getting Nissan Quality on fit and finish but at a luxery car price. Had the car less then 2 years and 11k on it. Its kept in the garage, never been on the interstate and waxed twice a year. The seat is showing signs of wear and cracking (conditioned twice a year). The dash around the speedo is warping and coming loose, the paint job scratches EXTREMELY easy (suppose to be scratch guard paint, LOL). By the cruise control button the paint is coming off and you can see white under it. The volume control button on the sterring wheel clicks when you push on the down button. Under the clear coat above the drivers side door there is a piece of lint I get to look at every time I get in it os wash it. I will probably think of more stuff later, thats all I can think of off the top of my head, LOL.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:24 PM
goarmyg37

Unless I somehow strike it rich...easy yes
Old 03-17-2011, 08:24 PM
SterlingDriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, my wife and I are on 5th infiniti since 2005, 3 G's. We have only replaced gas, oil and tires. Each newer version has been better than the previous, -I can not relate to the negative comments here. My current daily driver is a 2011 G37S 6MT that is my favorite to date. Are we talking about the same cars?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
^ I like the sound of that.
Loving my G after two months.
When the new one comes out. I'll definitely be looking
Old 03-18-2011, 06:56 AM
Duster

Originally Posted by SterlingDriver
Wow, my wife and I are on 5th infiniti since 2005, 3 G's. We have only replaced gas, oil and tires. Each newer version has been better than the previous, -I can not relate to the negative comments here. My current daily driver is a 2011 G37S 6MT that is my favorite to date. Are we talking about the same cars?
Not to mention, I (my company) have owned over 10 Nissans to date and haven't experienced really any of the problems mentioned above. It's possible I've just been lucky. I'm taking delivery of my first Infiniti today. If all I get is the same Nissan quality I've experienced over the last 10-12 years, that shouldn't be too bad.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
yes, assuming you mean another car in the same price range. I'm nervous enough driving a $43k stickered car as it is. I came from a 14y/o Nissan Maxima SE w/ 134k (27k new) that I drove off the lot new.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
bluesun

I'm actually afraid to buy a BMW or Audi and hate the user interface. You had to use a menu to switch radio stations (the 6 CD buttons wouldn't do it). However, I won't buy another G37 coupe as I've already had one and want something different. All you get with more expensive cars is the name tag.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 PM
GashouseGorilla

Wow, I'm actually really disappointed in the responses I've seen in this thread. I recently picked up "The dreaded 08 sport" with 21K on it. Granted I've only had the car 3 weeks, I couldn't be happier with it. I agonized over the G and the 370Z but had to make the compromise with the old lady because of the back seat. I live in Maine where Infiniti's are a rare breed. I love driving all day long and not seeing one other G coupe. I wasn't even interested in BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes, etc. I think there is a stigma that goes with them that says.... D-bag (apologize if I have offended anyone). Maybe I'm not as picky as other members in here because this car is hottest car I've ever owned. It has the right blend of performance and styling for my liking. Unless you are driving at the track or strip I can't imagine how much more car you really need. Don't get me wrong, I like to take it out for a scorch every now and then too. All the issues I've read about seem pretty insignificant and or an inconvenience at most, but not so much that I wouldn't buy the car again. Maybe I'll feel differently in 3 months or 3 years, but for now I feel good about the car and would do it all over again.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a G37 again????