Sponsored By:

New G37 coupe- question

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
stevecasa
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G37 coupe- question

I just got my '10 g37 coupe and Im new here.
A question for those that may know.
In the manual it says there is a sonar, it also mentions front/back. Is there a sonar that alerts you of objects in the front? I pull into a garage and dont want to smash the bumper into something as the space is tight.
It will take some time to learn how to use the phone/nav/voice stuff for sure.
I had seen it also plays dvd's but..seems useless if my daughter cant watch them when the car is in drive. I dont know anyone that will watch a dvd while sitting in park.
Any insights about the car from other owners would be great.
Its a 6sp m/t with prem pack and with add on factory spoiler that I already seem to have trouble with because it doesnt look like the dealer had secured the double face tape down from the center out to the ends because there are some areas on the top of deck lid where the spoiler is popped up where the tape isnt sticking. Im debating adding silicone to those areas rather than have these hacks (1 hour away)remove the spoiler and re-install it.
The car seems to have loud road noise and the clutch seems it will take some getting use to because it doesnt let up smoothly, it gets to a point o.k. and then pushes/springs up kinda hard.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:10 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Only euro-spec cars have parking sonar and DVD option. Are you in Europe?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 PM
tjieh

2010 model come with parking sonar, but it's only rear not the front
as for DVD mine also play video and only with hand brake up as well

mine is canadian model
Old 09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

i have a '10 coupe too with premium package. sonar is only in the rear. thats why ive began parking my car in my home garage 'backwards' to see how far i can go. i too have a fairly tight garage.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 PM
stevecasa
Registered Member

new g37

Thanks for responses.
Im in the U.S. I think the front sonar is for the cruise control set-up(where it will adjust the distance you are from the car ahead when needed itself.) They shoulda made that for parking too.
Backing in garage is a good idea with the sonar. I understand that the sensitivity can be adjusted, anyone know what the different depth dimensions of what the adjustments are? I believe there are 4 different settings. - ....+
What about hitches, Im finding hitches for sedans but not for coupes..Looks like the draw tites might be able to work but Im not so thrilled about drilling four holes behind the license plate and it also looks like you have to notch out the lower part of the rear bumper. Couldnt they just have dropped the female end down about 3" to not have to cut the bumper? I dont get these manufactures at all.
I built my own hitch for my '91 300zx and it came out perfect, guess I have to build one for the G37 now?

Steve
Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

not sure about the incriments on the sonar readings. i mean with the backup camera its easy to judge where you are, although its nice to hear the audible ringing
as far as tow hitches, a few people have built there own. i dont think there is an option on the coupe for it (stock). you'd either need to custom fab one up or go after market.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:33 PM
stevecasa
Registered Member

hitch

I checked into aftermarket hitches, doesnt seem anyone makes them for the coupe, not sure why.
yes, camera backing in is good, I was curious about what each adjustment dot meant on sonar sensitivity. Maybe I can test it out when i get time.
Has anyone notice the clutch pressure I mentioned? When you start to let up on clutch it seems fine but then it pops/springs up instead of a smooth transition. I miss my 300zx clutch. Actually I miss my whole Z but this car is o.k. too. I noticed I got 15 mpg at about 70% city/30% highway. Will this get better?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hitch? really? I think you need a truck my friend... I doubt the coupe is even rated for towing
Old 09-29-2010, 02:00 AM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Check this post for coupe hitch ideas.

and Friend you don't need truck !!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...k-options.html
Old 09-29-2010, 02:23 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stevecasa
Thanks for responses.
Im in the U.S. I think the front sonar is for the cruise control set-up(where it will adjust the distance you are from the car ahead when needed itself.) They shoulda made that for parking too.
Backing in garage is a good idea with the sonar. I understand that the sensitivity can be adjusted, anyone know what the different depth dimensions of what the adjustments are? I believe there are 4 different settings. - ....+
There's no sonar in the front in North America. The cruise control uses a laser range finder to judge distance.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:04 AM
stevecasa
Registered Member

I didnt see any ideas for a hitch there?
All I saw was people bashing someone for wanting a hitch.
Im only toteing a bike not pulling a trailer.
I like sports cars and wasnt about to buy a suv just to tote a bike once in a while.
Anyway I think I figured out an easy way to get a hitch on the g37 with a slight mod.
Thanks
Old 10-01-2010, 08:07 AM
stevecasa
Registered Member

As for the front sonar for distance driving...Im guessing my car doesnt have that because my steering wheel doesnt have the distance switch on it?? Which looks like it supposed to be on the lower right side of the wheel. Theres space for it but theres a blank there. Maybe it was an option and one that I really dont need anyway. Backing into the garage works fine.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:09 AM
stevecasa
Registered Member

Also..the increments for back up sonar dont seem too different from each other in settings. I backed toward garage door and seems about 1-2' is red and yellow is
about 3' not sure but green seems same as yellow.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:14 AM
stevecasa
Registered Member

Heres a question:
I had dealer install spoiler which the double face tape isnt sticking in some areas on deck lid. maybe they didnt clean good enough or installed it from the ends towars the center, i dont know. the car is going to a dealer this morning for them to see the slop job. I thought if I can get adhesion promoter on the deck lid when the tape should have adhered to, that it may work , they are saying it wont but then again they are the ones that installed it the 1st time too.
My question was they left the 3rd brake light bulb in the rear window brake light. I took about 10 minutes to try to remove the bulb but so far didnt get access to it. I removed the trim cover below it but Im thinking it may be the rear deck trim cover on top, any ideas??
Old 10-01-2010, 08:17 AM
stevecasa
Registered Member

Anyone have problem with cops ticketing them for smoke overlays on rear tails??
Theres a guy on ebay selling them pretty cheap but I dont need to be hassled by cops.
noteSmoke it the lightest tint for the tails)

Quick Reply: New G37 coupe- question