Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cruise control madness

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise control madness

Sometimes all of a sudden the cruise control light turns on solid and the set light blinks. Pushing the cruise control buttons does absolutely nothing, therefore the cruise control is completely disabled. To make it go away I have to turn the car off and turn it back on. Sometimes that gets rid of it for a few days and sometimes it comes back within minutes. The dealership has not been able to fix the problem, and as you can see I am about to go out of warranty.

See video of it here:

YouTube - G37 cruise control madness

After watching the video it seems as if the light was randomly blinking, but in reality it blinks at an approximate rate of twice per second. The video was recorded on my phone with very slow frame per second rate, that is probably the reason why it looks that way.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas as to what it could be?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are talking about the ICC it's because there is something causing it to turn off (fog, direct sunlight, it's dirty, etc). You can turn it off and justturn on the normal CC (hold the CC on button) or just leave it off. It should be happening under the same circumstances each time.

If you don't have ICC or this doesn't sound like what is happening then I have no clue
Old 09-28-2010, 10:32 AM
fcarpio

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
If you are talking about the ICC it's because there is something causing it to turn off (fog, direct sunlight, it's dirty, etc). You can turn it off and justturn on the normal CC (hold the CC on button) or just leave it off. It should be happening under the same circumstances each time.

If you don't have ICC or this doesn't sound like what is happening then I have no clue
Thanks for the reply, but what is ICC?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Intelligent cruise control
Old 09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
fcarpio

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Intelligent cruise control
Nah, I think my cruise control is the stupid kind.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
terfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also get the blinking when a car slows down in front of me. Once the view is clear it should stop blinking.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:05 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by terfer;
I also get the blinking when a car slows down in front of me. Once the view is clear it should stop blinking.
That should only happen in an "emergency braking" situation...basically if there is a car slowing very rapidly or very close to you. It shouldn't happen every time there is a car in front of you
Old 09-29-2010, 08:12 AM
fcarpio

Originally Posted by terfer
Mine starts on its own and there is not way to stop it with the buttons. The only thing that works is turning off the car and restarting (reboot?). And even then it sometimes comes back within minutes.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fcarpio
Mine starts on its own and there is not way to stop it with the buttons. The only thing that works is turning off the car and restarting (reboot?). And even then it sometimes comes back within minutes.
something is definitely wrong. that should never be the case/needed
Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 AM
jmartens

Same thing started happening to me today. I don't have ICC, it's the fixed speed cruise control. I tried turning the car off for a few seconds at a light and when I turned the car back on it was still doing it.

Any new info on this problem before I bring it in to the dealer?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:25 AM
infamousstunna1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you know fellas...I have the same exact problem. I hate it with a passion.
I don't have intelligent cruise control either. it happens sporadically. like every blue moon.
it hasn't happened in awhile though. but I hate it. when that light starts to blink...it doesn't matter where I am...but I can forget about using cruise control..because buttons are basically disabled.
usually when I turn off my car..it'll go back to normal and I can proceed to using cruise control once again...god forbid I'm on the turnpike (highway) when it happens because I'll have to hold the gas pedal steady.

I can see it now, "just floor the gas pedal & no more headaches!"
Old 10-13-2010, 02:55 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happens to me once in a while. Bad sensor?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
vibrant_red_G37

This problem just started happening to me today. I have noticed for the last few months that my cruise control would work sporadically and today the light came on and started flashing on and off. I was on surface streets and not on the freeway.

And before you say it's the ICC, I don't have that type of cruise control. I am curious if this is now happening to older G37 (mine's a 2008), hopefully this is covered by my warranty.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Just wanted to say that this has happened to me twice also. I thought it was caused by my Uprev tune but guess I was wrong. Glad to see i'm not the only one having this problem.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:21 PM
vibrant_red_G37

Well I finally got my car back from the service department after almost week there! They had to replace a brake module for the cruise control, but it didn't end there, then they realized that that didn't completely solve the problem. It also needed a new ECM unit! Of course the dealer didn't have any of these parts at all. Glad it fell under my warranty because I know ECM units are VERY expensive. The whole ordeal only cost me $10.00 though, which was for the loaner car. I just hope this doesn't happen again when it isn't under warranty.

This is the first Nissan product for me to own and their quality can't compare to Honda I am afraid to say.

Quick Reply: Cruise control madness