G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help! What do you guys think a fair compensation is?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 04:08 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like in terms of color matching, the best way to go about it is to have the hole patched.

I am almost inclined to go that route and ask for the spoiler . . .
Old 09-27-2010, 05:46 PM
gooddeal

Originally Posted by xyz
It seems like in terms of color matching, the best way to go about it is to have the hole patched.

I am almost inclined to go that route and ask for the spoiler . . .
I agree that's the best way to fix, patches, like I mentioned from the beginning. I'm not sure why so many people here rather want a new trunk.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I like option #1. If someone had crashed into your trunk, you would get a new trunk.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 PM
xyz
Registered Member

In the end, I went against most of the advices that I received in this thread, and opted for the fixing with free spoiler / install. The only reason is that if I went for a new trunk, the quarter panels would have to be to blended with the new trunk.

I did inquire about just having the new trunk painted without blending, but both the service advisor and the GM of the body shop strongly recommended against it, for paint match outcome reasons. It might be that they want to save the dealer a new trunk, but their reasoning was sound, so I just let it go. Of course, they promised that they will work with me until I am satisfied with the outcome.

I am still awed (and so are everyone who i described the incident to) at how far off the hole is. But in terms of service thus far, the service advisor has been top notch. Again, I will wait until I get my car back before I give my final opinion. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the helpful responses everyone
Old 09-28-2010, 11:55 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seems like they treated you fairly. Still can't see how they screwed up that bad in the first place though....
Old 09-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Stanislav

It seems it doesn't matter which dealer you go to (S. Ca) as all of them use cheap labor force who don't give a crap about people's possessions. I used different dealerships and at the end, its the same result.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:06 PM
shrtcrt

Sounds like you made the correct decision. They fixed their screw up and did not charge you for the install of the spoiler. As long as the repair makes the care like-new, you will be fine.

My first Infiniti I went to get the windows tinted 2 days after I got it. The install took forever, the girl with twins hanging out got moved ahead of all of us, and when they finished they had an issue. They melted the inside of my car door. I was pissed. The guy said they would repair or replace and give me a discount on the window tinting. I was not even thinking about paying that bill.

A few days later I brought it back and it was repaired. The owner then waived the charge for the tint. So it cost me nothing, but they did fix their mistake and I was ok with it.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:52 AM
xyz
Registered Member

I just hope the outcome is good . . .
Old 10-13-2010, 04:56 PM
xyz
Registered Member

So I picked up my car this past Saturday. The fix was good, could not tell that there was hole there at all. Paint job was excellent also, could not tell the difference in the sun or in the shade. The only thing different is that the rear wing was a shade different than the rest of my car when you look at it from certain angles, but that is because my car is 2 years old, so the color has changed a bit from how it was out of the factory.

I feel that it is ok to reveal the dealer, since this incident speaks well for their service department. The dealer is Riverside Infiniti, and the service rep was Ben. Ben was nothing but courteous and helpful throughout this whole process. He made sure that I was satisfied and was still apologetic when I went to pick up my car.

Overall, i am satisfied with the outcome and end result. Sucky thing to happen in the 1st place, but the dealer owned up to it and tried to fix the problem to my satisfaction and the best of their ability.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:19 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DUDE!..WTH is up with these so called "Certified" Mechanics working @ Infiniti dealerships and where do they find these f***ups to work for them? Hope you get everything squared away..