G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help! What do you guys think a fair compensation is?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 05:34 AM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gooddeal
I don't think it will show up in carfax. Carfax usually gets the information from the police (might be from insurance co also).
Really? I am pretty sure some dealers put maintenance records on there also . . .
Old 09-26-2010, 09:01 AM
gooddeal

Originally Posted by xyz
Really? I am pretty sure some dealers put maintenance records on there also . . .
Yes, but not the body repairs. I think they know what they should report or not. About 8-9 years ago, I had 2 accidents/repairs (about 3-4k repairs each time) and nothing is on carfax (no police were involved).

I had the top door frame repaired on a brand new '07 Altima (I didn't see the damage when I purchased the car...until I got home) and it didn't show up in carfax as well.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:41 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How they drilled the hole that far off is beyond me. I installed the OEM spoiler myself, and the directions are pretty much fool proof if you align the paper up and tape it down correctly.

Free Spoiler, new truck, no patch work, and tell them you won't go to the media.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man you have little choice than to work with the dealer and resolve the issue to your satisfaction. It's really the tech who screwed up. Just very unfortunate situation. I installed my integrated antenna spoiler on my convertible ( a bit more complex than coupe) for the same reason. I would like to know which dealer f..up...
Old 09-26-2010, 11:42 AM
BradManUWF
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And that's why I went with the Stillen spoiler....no drilling and if for some reason I decide to take it off, some goo-gone makes it like it was never there. Sorry to hear about your crappy situation. I hope the dealer takes care of it to your liking.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:19 PM
terfer

Just make sure they blend the trunk well....just document all these photos and have the dealer write up something on an invoice. In the event that you want to sell the car and someone questions the paint on the trunk you can just show them what it was for...it wouldnt be as big of a deal as an accident.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:13 AM
xyz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by terfer
Just make sure they blend the trunk well....just document all these photos and have the dealer write up something on an invoice. In the event that you want to sell the car and someone questions the paint on the trunk you can just show them what it was for...it wouldnt be as big of a deal as an accident.
Yea, I think I will ask them to document in detail on the invoice. I will ask for a new trunk, and free install. I think a free spoiler might be pushing it. Hopefully I will have some good news tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:35 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea, be firm but also be fair. Definitely free trunk though. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:14 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Just spoke with the service guys . . . he said if i wanted a new trucked, the rear quarter panel have to be repainted, and the rear windshield, rear quarter glass all has to come off . . . would that cause any issues? I am waiting to talk with the bodyshop they are going to use before I make a decision . . .
Old 09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by xyz
Just spoke with the service guys . . . he said if i wanted a new trucked, the rear quarter panel have to be repainted, and the rear windshield, rear quarter glass all has to come off . . . would that cause any issues? I am waiting to talk with the bodyshop they are going to use before I make a decision . . .
Something wrong with this assessment.. for just replacing the trunk?
Old 09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
ucla bruin

Huh? Why do you need to remove all those pieces? Sounds like it's easier just to tape off the surrounding area.

I would ask why, then tell them to do whatever he needs to as long as he honors the agreement that everything is covered. It really doesn't matter to you.

Or maybe he's trying to set you up for "it's gonna take a lot more labor than originally planned, so we can't cover everything anymore"
Old 09-27-2010, 01:42 PM
xyz
Registered Member

I guess they are doing these as part of the blending process? I am waiting for a call back from the bodyshop for the details.

I am not entirely sure what the service manager's trying to sell me here, maybe re-sealing of the glasses will cause issues such as wind noise or leaking?

if that is the case, I might just ask them to paint the new trunk w/o blending . . .
Old 09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
LightsOut

in for later updates.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:27 PM
xyz
Registered Member

So I just spoke with the GM at Holmes Body Shop.

He said that if i go the fixing route, they would weld the hole, and do a partial blend of the trunk.

To replace the trunk, they would have to blend the quarter panels to make it look right, thus the removing of the rear windshield, and rear quarter glasses.

His recommendation is to fix it due to less moving parts, and that is the way he will always choose to go when fixing a car.

I also asked about replacing the whole trunk with one off the lot, and he said even that route it would not be 100% due to the color I have (Blue Slate).

This really sucks . . . argh!

Last edited by xyz; 09-27-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
ucla bruin

Hm weird.

I had my rear bumper blended. No other parts removed. They blended the bumper to the surrounding. But it sounds like your guy wants to do the opposite.

Quick Reply: Help! What do you guys think a fair compensation is?