G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 G coupe pics FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 PM
davepj32274

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll just say with 2011 g37.. Infiniti just made the IPL G37 look pretty damn good..
Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 PM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
I personally like the new bumper. Takes the smiley look away.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:17 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Creepers
i dont really like the 2011 owners anyways...
LOL comedy... I can't wait till the first 11' owners start posting pictures of their cars..
Old 09-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Brent72

Originally Posted by nisslover
I personally like the new bumper. Takes the smiley look away.
And replaces it with the mouth of a Transformer.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:55 PM
LC_G37

To each his own. I'm more than likely getting this but in white. But its either this or a 370. But I don't like throwback cars so if its a '11 that's out then its a '11 I will have. But for real guys calm down with the back and fourth. IT'S THE SAME CAR with a different front end.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:42 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LC_G37
To each his own. I'm more than likely getting this but in white. But its either this or a 370. But I don't like throwback cars so if its a '11 that's out then its a '11 I will have. But for real guys calm down with the back and fourth. IT'S THE SAME CAR with a different front end.
Yeah, but the front end is the "face" of the car and is probably the most important thing to get right. They blew it this time....

And those wheels are definitely a step in the wrong direction. But that's easy enough to change if you don't mind spending $$$ on aftermarket wheels.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Diving

I'll be buying one. I've wanted a XS coupe for a long time and now it's finally here. Sure the wheels aren't as nice as the 08-10's but seeing them in person might be different.

Pictures don't do the current wheels justice at all, they look good in pics but amazing in person. Hopefully the same can be said for the new wheels. Bumper will probably look better on a darker color as well.

Edit: the other thing about the wheels is everytime someone posts pics of their new G here, everyone tells them they need new wheels and a drop. What difference do the wheels make if the majority of you put on aftermarket wheels anyways =) Maybe the 2011 owners can pick up the old wheels from you guys for a deal *wink wink*
Old 09-24-2010, 12:21 AM
iwasgointo

Goodbye Infiniti..............Hello 2008 Porsche Carrera S.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:56 AM
sportsdude512

Originally Posted by diving
i'll be buying one. I've wanted a xs coupe for a long time and now it's finally here. Sure the wheels aren't as nice as the 08-10's but seeing them in person might be different.

Pictures don't do the current wheels justice at all, they look good in pics but amazing in person. Hopefully the same can be said for the new wheels. Bumper will probably look better on a darker color as well.

Edit: The other thing about the wheels is everytime someone posts pics of their new g here, everyone tells them they need new wheels and a drop. What difference do the wheels make if the majority of you put on aftermarket wheels anyways =) maybe the 2011 owners can pick up the old wheels from you guys for a deal *wink wink*
++++1!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by Diving

Edit: the other thing about the wheels is everytime someone posts pics of their new G here, everyone tells them they need new wheels and a drop. What difference do the wheels make if the majority of you put on aftermarket wheels anyways =)
Most guys don't swap out their wheels....not even close. For every owner here with aftermarket wheels, there are probably at least 10 guys running the stock 19" wheels. In fact, my G37 is one of the few cars that I will never install aftermarket wheels because I like the design of the stock wheels so much.

Now if I owned a 2011, I'd end up buying aftermarket wheels for it. Either that, or find a set of '08-'10 sport wheels.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:29 AM
CoyoteDore

Whoa, haters!! LOL, ok seriously, the new front end is OK--MUCH better than the IPL (which looks horrible). Not so sure about the wheels (meh). The captions on the Nissan site label ALL of the pics posted here as the new G37xS model, and I may be wrong, but thought that the x model is slightly lifted (may explain the wheel well gap many commented on).

I have placed my order for a new G37S with graphite shadow/graphite int/maple accents/premium/nav/tech/kick and am pumped to finally get in a car that will be a blast to drive!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Diving

Originally Posted by MSCA
Most guys don't swap out their wheels....not even close. For every owner here with aftermarket wheels, there are probably at least 10 guys running the stock 19" wheels. In fact, my G37 is one of the few cars that I will never install aftermarket wheels because I like the design of the stock wheels so much.

Now if I owned a 2011, I'd end up buying aftermarket wheels for it. Either that, or find a set of '08-'10 sport wheels.
I know most of the consumers won't switch their wheels, but on this forum there are quite a number that do. As I reading this post all but one posters avatar had aftermarket rims lol (was a sedan too).

Like I said though, wait till you see them in person, they might not be all that bad.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:38 AM
carz

the wheels are a major disappointment......however the bumper doesnt look THAT bad. If i was still car shopping, i would def consider this.

Whoever gets a 2011 and doesnt like the front bumper......ill switch with you =)

the next question is, will those fogs fit nicely in the previous sport bumper?

The other thing thats a bit of a let down is that they didnt really change anything else in the car....not even a little
Old 09-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Brent72

Originally Posted by MSCA
In fact, my G37 is one of the few cars that I will never install aftermarket wheels because I like the design of the stock wheels so much.
Same here. Absolutely love the stock rims and find most of the aftermarket stuff way over the top. On my Corvette, I had to go aftermarket because the stock wheels were crap, but that's definitely not the case on my G37.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:44 AM
volnedan

Hmmm I don't get it, why does the 2011 IPL coupe have basically the same front bumper of the sedan with fogs, but they messed up the regular sport face. If I were in the market for a coupe, I'd have to consider what the non-sport bumper looks like. Cuz no way am I paying $50k for the IPL coupe. Nooooooo way, Jose.

Quick Reply: 2011 G coupe pics FINALLY!!!