G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A Bit Juvenile: Peeling out in the auto?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Mazaki

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
A Bit Juvenile: Peeling out in the auto?

I know, I know. Wanting to peel out is a bit juvenile. But no matter what I do, the only way I'm able to make the tires chirp (barely) is to use the hold brake and gas method with VDC off... And I'm pretty sure that has the potential to damage the tranny, brakes, et cetera.

Is there some secret method to getting this car to chirp or squeal? I would have gotten the manual for this sort of thing, but I needed the auto's practicality because this car is a daily driver.

And if it's just not possible without wet ground, VDC off and the brakes held... What upgrade can I get to make this car do it? Weight reduction, something to make the throttle more responsive? I have a serious itch and just need to get it scratched.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:41 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, I am in the same boat as you. My damn car BARELY chirps when I want it to burn out...
Old 09-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Mazaki

Originally Posted by Wlmngtn310
Damn, I am in the same boat as you. My damn car BARELY chirps when I want it to burn out...
Well, at least I know I'm not alone. I got it to squeal REALLY good one time in a parking lot using the braking trick... But I just don't understand.

The 370Z can peel out in the auto. That was the car I was originally gonna go with, but then I realized I didn't fit in one. Sad day.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:54 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
DS mode, upshift to 1 so you are in manual mode. Roll out a bit in first? or quickly in first, then quickly shift to second, floor it and maybe you'll get it. I've gotten it today on a slightly concrete surface and not fully asphalt.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 AM
Mazaki

I'll try it tomorrow, but I dunno if it's gonna work.

When you say rollout, you mean roll for a couple of feet and then just punch it?
Old 09-20-2010, 01:24 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by Mazaki
I'll try it tomorrow, but I dunno if it's gonna work.

When you say rollout, you mean roll for a couple of feet and then just punch it?
Yes. You should not be doing the peel out, chirp in first.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Mazaki

So your guide is just to get a chirp? Nothing prolonged?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:39 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by Mazaki
So your guide is just to get a chirp? Nothing prolonged?
I've not done a sustained peelout on asphalt. I still have the stock tires which are still a bit grippy.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:46 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just floor it and my 08 does well. i have after market tires also. Then i SC and really don't have the problem now
Old 09-20-2010, 02:47 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by whiddles
I just floor it and my 08 does well. i have after market tires also. Then i SC and really don't have the problem now
awesome
Old 09-20-2010, 03:19 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
It is tricky to do but definately possible:

Even with VDC off the ECU still picks up the fact that you are pressing the gas and brake at the same time and cuts power from the engine because it's a safety precaution. You have to time it just right, tap the brake and give it the right amount of gas, then let go of the break and you will break the tires lose for a while. I've done with with my modded & tuned G37 coupe with 10.5" rear wheels for about 2-3 car length and let off (I have a 5AT BTW)... and with a stock loaner G35 sedan one time (while my car was having warrenty work done) for about 5 car lengths and it wanted to keep going. There's a tricky science to it, but it is definately doable.

P.S. I know its a bit childish & most people on this forum do not approve of this kind of driving, but sometimes you just get the itch to light up the tires and burn some rubber.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:34 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well you always have to break in new tires to make them stick better right? just like on my YZF R6
Old 09-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Mazaki

Originally Posted by Kverd88
It is tricky to do but definately possible:

Even with VDC off the ECU still picks up the fact that you are pressing the gas and brake at the same time and cuts power from the engine because it's a safety precaution. You have to time it just right, tap the brake and give it the right amount of gas, then let go of the break and you will break the tires lose for a while. I've done with with my modded & tuned G37 coupe with 10.5" rear wheels for about 2-3 car length and let off (I have a 5AT BTW)... and with a stock loaner G35 sedan one time (while my car was having warrenty work done) for about 5 car lengths and it wanted to keep going. There's a tricky science to it, but it is definately doable.

P.S. I know its a bit childish & most people on this forum do not approve of this kind of driving, but sometimes you just get the itch to light up the tires and burn some rubber.
I've had one massively awesome peel out, it lasted into second gear and it was great... But yes, a lot of it is guess work.

Would upgrading the cats, intakes, and exhaust help? Would a throttle controller help?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here read and try this.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:52 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I don't have that problem. My auto lights very easily.
maybe because I'm modded & tunned.

Quick Reply: A Bit Juvenile: Peeling out in the auto?