Sponsored By:

Old IPOD Infiniti logo and blacken headlights questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:11 AM
lif2b3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old IPOD Infiniti logo and blacken headlights questions

Hi guys,

New to the forum here, just want to say hello.

Got my G few months ago, and just noticed this a few days ago. (not sure if this is posted already, since you guys are on top of everything = p)

Sry I don't know how to upload an image or rotate it lol.

But with an older IPOD, the INFINITI logo shows up on the IPOD. I tried with a new generation, and they didn't work

just thought that was pretty cool!!

Ok now onto my questions,

I know some of you did the blacken headlights housing on your G.

Did you all DIY ? Or did it at the shop?

Have you guys have problem with condensation or anything on your lights after the mod?

Frankie
Old 09-12-2010, 12:49 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

some people have done it themselves, a lot go to a shop. if budget is a concern, do it yourself. its the standard procedure for almost all headlights (bake, paint, bake, seal). condensation isnt a problem is sealed correctly.

as for a shop, there are two big guys on this forum as far as ive seen. Igor from 180 custom and ucla bruin from limited. they both do top work and who is better is really up to individual preference. both have proven to give flawless paintjobs to headlights along with other mods. igor from 180 custom is located in brooklyn, ny while ucla bruin from limited is somewhere in california. Prices range for what color paint you want (matte black, ob, or color matched) for igor. im not sure how ucla bruin prices his work but id imagine its in the same ballpark as igor. look to spend anywhere from $160-$400 for a headlight paint job, once again all depended on what you want done.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
The new generation iPods use a different pinout for the power so if you look close, your new iPod isn't charging when plugged in. They make an adapter (do a search) that you can use to make the new iPods charge so I think with that you will get the logo. The car isn't here right now or I would check for you. I have a 5th generation Nano and had to by the adapter.

Added a link to the adapter

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID...productID/1667

I ordered mine from Amazon.

Last edited by 2008G-Man; 09-13-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
PM Danny@Limited Edition (his other UN is ucla_bruin)...IMO he does superior work to 180 Customs and his customer service is second to none. Igor was banned because of his customer service (or lack thereof)

You CAN do your headlights on your own, but it is very easy to mess them up if you don't know what you are doing. If you have an extra set of headlights sitting around, you could practice, but IMO it's just easier to send them to Danny b/c he does amazing work.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:52 PM
lif2b3

thanks for the responses guys! much appreciated.