Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

For the love of god...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why the hell would you even be considering buying a car with 60k+ miles and constant engine problems? Lemon it and walk away..dont let sentiment **** in your eye and blind you.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:20 PM
PureNick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Atlanta_G37S
why the hell would you even be considering buying a car with 60k+ miles and constant engine problems? Lemon it and walk away..dont let sentiment **** in your eye and blind you.

Read my post on the Lemon Laws of California (where I'm from and where my car is)... 18 months from the purchase date or 18,000 miles.

My problems didn't start until after that.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Regardless of the outcome, I strongly recommend against buying this car at lease-end. It's almost always a bad idea to buy out a lease, and a TERRIBLE idea in your case!

Best of luck - I hope they find the problem and get it fixed for you soon.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 PM
PureNick

Hey guys,

Before I give the update on my car, I'd like to give a huge thumbs up/thank you to both Fields Infiniti dealerships in Glencoe, IL and Libertyville, IL. Fantastic staff and service.

Now for the update: After the week long effort of trying to diagnose the problem as well as a new one that came about after they replaced the fuel rack, they will be replacing my long assembly... aka the motor. Work starts Monday on this.

On top of all that, my efforts on speaking directly with both service managers at both dealerships have paid off. Today I received a phone directly from the regional service manager for Infiniti not only apologizing for everything that has gone wrong with my car but also offering me an extended warranty past the factory warranty to ensure me that they stand behind their product.

Overall I think I'm quite happy with this. I'm glad someone has stepped to the plate to investigate this matter and offer me some sort of compensation for the troubles especially when they could of technically just fixed the car with a half-*** solution and given it back to me hoping the warranty runs out. Especially without having Consumer Affairs involved or even a lawyer... though that was never my intentions.

We'll see how things go when I get my car back next week and how well everything "feels". I'll update then.

But for all out there having issues and want to jump down the throat of consumer affairs or a lawyer right off the crack... just wait. Speak with one, if not multiple service managers and ask for them to really look in to your issues and have them speak with someone at Infiniti to see what can be done. I found this to be MUCH LESS of a headache than the other routes as well as more time efficient.

Last edited by PureNick; 09-16-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
This is awesome news. This is why i bought my car from Fields. Great service and people there!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:02 PM
LightsOut

hope everything works out with the future motor
Old 10-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow. Did they give you any indication of what actually went wrong that is bad enough to warrant a new engine?

I'm glad this is going your way, but that's a HUGE job and will devalue the vehicle significantly. Definitely sell that sucker at the end of the lease.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:18 PM
PureNick

After they changed my fuel rack, a loud clicking noise while the engine was running started happening so at that point infiniti made the call to replace the motor.

I'm still considering purchasing the vehicle because of the extended warranty they have offered me under their elite service plan. If I choose to keep this car, ill have a warranty that would surpass the one of a new car.

infiniti really pulled through for me on this. Like i said before, my hats off.