Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New to the forum wanted some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
New to the forum wanted some feedback

Hey guys, I should be buying a white g37S buy tomorrow night or Tuesday if everything goes well. Quick question for some of you guys who have had the car for a while. I love the white with the greyish/tan interior, im not sure what they call it. The one I have been in negotiations with the dealer on has no Nav. now this is not a deal breaker but i wanted some feedback about it who has it and who doesn't. i dont think i would use it that often, but is it worth looking elsewhere for one that does have it. I know kinda stupid and its a personal choice but just looking for some help. thanks.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:15 PM
ViPaDawG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nav for me was a big deal. I just wanted to have it though I dont need it as I've got an Android phone so I've got the google navigation. With that said, I really wanted that mostly because of the back up camera. For me, that was a huge gain and really helps me parallel park and back into spots in garages without worry of bumping up my rear end on anything. Plus it probably wouldn't hurt resale should you go that route in a few years.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Fentress24

I know i agree with you. I don't need it cause I also have an android, but it would be nice, but the problem is I really want the car and I don't know if I can wait long enough to find a white one with the interior I want and Nav. plus they have offered me a pretty good deal. thanks for the feedback
Old 08-29-2010, 09:37 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No Nav would be a deal breaker for me. If you've already secured the financing, especially if you have the Infiniti financing, I'd make them find the car you want, or tell them you'll just take your $ to another Infiniti dealer.

I'm kinda cutthroat, but that's just me
Old 08-29-2010, 09:38 PM
steve
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the nav the camera is a must
Old 08-29-2010, 09:42 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Get the navigation. You will regret not getting it!
With the nav package, you also get a back-up camera. c'mon, you cant go wrong with that.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Prediction:
In about six months from now you’ll be posting about how sorry you are about not getting the nav, and asking if it can be reasonably retro-fitted. The answer will be no.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:47 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
My Nav is a Garmin (when I need it or my Droid) and my back-up camera is ... I turn around. While those things are nice, life goes on just fine without them. Can't believe how people rely on a back-up camera for such a small car. Oh well .... to each his own.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:08 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

i too had to think about nav/no nav when i got my 2010 g37x.
what year are you getting? is it a new 2010 or a pre-owned 08 or 09?
what i REALLY wanted was the back-up camera. i have an iphone for gps or i could pick up a very nice handheld gps from tomtom or garmin for under $400 and call it a day. With the 2010 cars, the premium package GIVES the backup camera which is all i wanted so i didnt have to get the nav.
i use a garmin nuvi gps unit now and its crystal clear. very nice and bright screen and a good size.. got it for $350 which is less than what infiniti wanted for their nav system. now the nav package im sure has some other goodies but nothing i really needed.
id say the premium package is a must, because it gets you the backup camera which is really nice to have. the rear window isnt too big and its nice when pulling out of parking spots to get a view of any toddlers roaming around. it also has a good viewing size and lets you see some of the blind spots you may miss when you turn your head and look out the rear window.
hope this helps
Old 08-30-2010, 08:11 AM
671slandBlue

My G didn't come with the Nav. I did however, WANT the nav, and backup cam! But like you, I couldn't wait lol And I as well, got a pretty bad a$$ deal on mine. At times, I do think, I wish I had it, but I think the all around thing for me is the car itself! I love my G no matter what. I got my car for reasons hella more then a back up cam! I love the look, the ride, the speed, etc! I don't go around smiling, and enjoying my ride because (if I had it) I have a BACK UP CAM! LOL No offense to the peeps that do have it, and say it's a must! There is no doubt in my mind it's a BONUS to our rides, but I think in the end, it comes down to what YOU want out of the car! Good luck on your decision bro!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Fentress24

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I really want the nav and backup camera, but i did a little research and in my area there is not a white G37S within 250 miles with the tan interior and the nav and manual. The one i am looking at is a 2009. I am going to call and make my final offer today and could be signing the papers this afternoon. ill keep you guys up dated and post pictures if it does happen. I just cant wait any longer and im getting a great deal.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:14 PM
KurtL

Am I the only person that thinks factory nav systems are a HUGE waste of money??? I mean its like a $2000 option that a $100 Garmin can do...
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by Chekov
Prediction:
In about six months from now you’ll be posting about how sorry you are about not getting the nav, and asking if it can be reasonably retro-fitted. The answer will be no.
+1

Nav was a big deal breaker for me..
Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 PM
majin ssj eric

I will not buy a $40k car without nav. Period. Is it a feature I even use often? Not really, but I want all the goodies on my car if I'm spending this kind of money....
Old 08-30-2010, 12:25 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Fentress24
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I really want the nav and backup camera, but i did a little research and in my area there is not a white G37S within 250 miles with the tan interior and the nav and manual. The one i am looking at is a 2009. I am going to call and make my final offer today and could be signing the papers this afternoon. ill keep you guys up dated and post pictures if it does happen. I just cant wait any longer and im getting a great deal.
My dad didn't want nav on his G37, didn't care for it.

I use NAV sometimes, but I'm not sure if I would miss it. The backup cam is nice though.

Quick Reply: New to the forum wanted some feedback