G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Design Improvements... Is Infiniti Listening??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 PM
tokyo_gaijin

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
^^ you just increased the car's price by 30k

did I? BMW 3 series went to double clutch and price didn't change....

This technology is getting cheaper.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tokyo_gaijin

BMW's implementation and Nissan's implementation are just a tad different
Old 08-26-2010, 10:58 PM
tokyo_gaijin

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MoonliteMadness
Just direct the next generation G37 Coupe Product Manager to this thread!

My suggestions:

1) 350 HP and a lot more torque with a flatter torque curve.
2) Better quality materials for the interior.
3) Eliminate the annoying interior rattles and squeaks.
4) More rear leg room and head room (on par with the BMW 3 series).
5) Get rid of the ashtray. Add more interior storage space.
6) A more aggressive sounding exhaust.
7) More exciting exterior colors (see Audi and BMW).

agree with most you said, especially 5 and 6.
Thing is though is that exhaust sounds nice outside, but they need to find a way to route some of the sounds inside like they do in BMW and Jags. and yes interior compartments are total failure in the G, so is trunk space.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
if any oine knows about turbos its nissan, i for see them bringing them back in the near future
Old 08-27-2010, 12:11 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
biggest thing is that the coupe needs a diet! badly!

also, look at the new M and the new QX... the leather is 100x better... if that makes it inthe the new G's, then it'll be great.

I couldn't care less about having a turbo'ed motor or not --- FI = less reliability and issues
Old 08-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Alvin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti should offer free maintenance for the first three years.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:42 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The biggest enemy of the current G37 is weight. They need to go back to a smaller, smoother engine (possibly with FI) and really contain the weight. 300 hp is plenty in a 3200 lb car. If this car lost 500 lbs it would EAT 335i's....
Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 AM
JMacsG37

I definitely agree with the weight, much more trackable if it lost some of the fat. Alot of these i disagree with seeing how i consider it a sports car, you get what u want. gas milage and space are 2 things i wasn't looking for when i bought this car lol
Old 08-27-2010, 03:09 AM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah totally forgot about paint.. I dont know why Infniti have this cheap paint on our cars... i thought its a "Infiniti"

Guys we already have enough HP for a "V6" but we need extra torque...

seriously if inifiniti reduce some HP and raised some torque that will be nice

like from 330 HP to 300 hp and make the torque to 300 too!!

that will be awesome..one more thing i would ask for is.. remove the fking cheap laggs and install the dual clutch which every car has it now!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 AM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Weight reduction and the 7AT tranny needs some serious work in terms of smoothness, downshifting on its own, and speed of shifts.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:20 AM
rskip

I think we should make a distinction here. I'm seeing comments mainly on improvements that should go across the entire g37 line ( better leather, Bluetooth , paint). I was disappointed with IPL mainly because it does not address the performance issues with the car. I would have liked to have seen a front fascia with integrated functional brake ducts, an oil cooler, an option for a diff cooler or a completely different diff, less weight, and more subtle and functional body changes (deeper wheel wells, a new rear spoiler). At least they did some steering upgrades - hopefully IPL will give more road feedback and not feel like a lame duck (this is the only thing that makes me miss my 3 series)
Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tokyo_gaijin

The M3 has a DSG but the regular coupe, sedan, and convertible just have regular 6 speed automatics and manuals.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:09 AM
hgunner

I want a performance oriented version (for weekend track/autocross use) but still has 4 seats and usable as a daily driver, but with LESS not more features. Less weight. no Sunroof and no Navigation on a 6MT sport model. this is what I hoped the IPL would be but am disappointed.

Also functional brake ducts would be nice.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 AM
JGabucci

Originally Posted by beattyG37
I recently wrote to the Formspring site that Infiniti is taking questions about their IPL and asked them if they asked car clubs, G enthusiasts, or reviewed the G forums to gain feedback about upcoming changes in the models. They wrote back saying that they did consult car clubs, enthusiasts and the forums and very much value their opinion in forming the changes for upcoming models. However, I don't think they could possibly have done that with the IPL (due to the ugly side skirts, front lower bumper, slight increase in horsepower, etc). So, lets tell Infiniti what we would like to see in the next G and see if they are listening. And if someone from Infiniti is reading this, please post a response so that we know you are listening!

The new G coupe should be coming out in the next couple of years I think, given their typical model change timelines. I have a 2009 G37S coupe and LOVE it. However, there is always room for improvement...

My thoughts?
1. Lose that horrible abrupt front air dam and side skirts that is on the new IPL and go back to smoother cleaner lines. I know the design is supposed to keep the car firmly on the ground, but I think we would rather have a decent looking car and chance becoming airborne if that is the alternative. Take a few design thoughts from the new 370Z... particularly the wide rear finder wells.
2. Work on the interior. The leather seats are not the best quality (putting it lightly) and some of the plastic needs to disappear (dashboard). Some rubber is needed in places...the cup holders tend to be loud when plastic containers are in them and the sunglass holder rattles all the time if sunglasses are actually in them. And lose that horrible tanish / brown dashboard. Too muddy looking.
3. Engine... Well, I know there are plenty of people that want a huge engine in the car but for me personally, 330 horsepower is fine. Continue to work on the miles / gallon though. Might be cool to offer a turbo model but I know Nissan's history with turbos and they probably want to stay away from them.

Ok, anyone else have thoughts for Infiniti???
Lol, no this sounds like a prayer to god "Give me a sign" "let me know your out there!!"
Old 08-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
As asked of the Datsun Factory Representative by Group Z in 1971. (They eventually responded.)

Supercharger!
That'll cover more than one item on many wish lists.

Interior compartments /storage have not reached their potential. Not even within very easily obtainable design / location possibilities.

Quick Reply: Design Improvements... Is Infiniti Listening??