G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How long would you keep your g37?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:17 PM
obgbinob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The G is a great ride. Plan to keep my '08 4 more years till my son graduates from college and give it to him.

As much as I like the G, not sure I'd buy another one. There are too many cars to have the same model twice.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 PM
joey_v

Probably another 3-4 years.

I've owned mine for a little over 1 1/2.

Moving up to an M3 or 911 at that time, unless the new G is niiiice.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:24 PM
BlackG37Coupe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not too sure, one day i want to sell the next I love it. I think im just mainly worried about it getting tore up/stolen in the DC/Baltimore area. I just bought vossen cv-1s so i guess im stuck with it for awhile lol.

I am also worried about the cost to fix such a technologically complex car in a few years when things start wearing out/getting old.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Atlanta_G37S
Banned

I have 4 more years of ownership "planned"......but if the car starts giving me more trouble than it's worth..i'll sell it and never look back. Main concern is the clutch. And unless something drastic changes in my financial situation for the best drastically...i'll keep it until I can afford my bmw of choice ..an "m" of some sort...or a porsche.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
strdr19

I'm with joey_v.

I only keep my cars a few years and get bored. Couple more years and i'm off to a m3 or porsche. Keep movin on up!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
BradManUWF
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm planning on keeping mine for a long time, adding things as I go, making it better and better. I don't understand why several people have a hard-on for BMW, thinking they're better than the G. They might have a few features or traits that are better, but the overall picture they are not and you're paying more for it. My gf has a 3series vert(G's equivalent) and she's had to take it back to the dealer once a month since she bought it. I've never been to the dealer and I've had my G twice as long. She's had Broken thing here, rattling top there, funky window button problems, blown back-up light that requires the whole assembly to be replaced, etc... Right now all the dealer trips are free, but once that maintenance plan runs out, the $$$ to fix all random problems that come up will break the bank real quick. She's going to get the extended maint. plan, but I don't expect it to be around after the extension expires. When I drive her car, I'm bored and it's not comfortable. IMO, driving the G is much more enjoyable than a 3series. I feel squished when I'm driving it.

G = buy it and drive it, fix things myself when they wear out.
BMW = buy it and visit dealer frequently to fix problems then pay out the azz when maint. plan expires.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:23 PM
briann510

Ill keep it until the warranty runs out..then bye bye....
Old 09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
bulletproofx21

Well I had a 07 g35 the lease was up and got the g37 .. Not soo found of the g37 though.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 PM
briann510

That big of difference between the G35 and G37?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Was planning on keeping it up until the release of the next gen G, but it looks like the G25 cut that short. If a 25 coupe is announced, I'm out.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 AM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
When i bought this car i had the intentions of keeping it for a long time. When i test drove the G i loved everything about it from the sleek styling, interior, & exhaust note.

I was also impressed by the performance compared to the e46 M3. But after owning it for a while now i've run into many hassling issues from the transmission, to the soft paint, cheap interior, exhaust rattles etc that just won't have me coming back to Infiniti.

My plan is to drive the G until the next generation M3 comes out (supposedly I6 Turbo) then i will go over to the dark side.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 AM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
surprising to read how many of you want to keep this car for so long. i love it, but i will probably keep this for one year after it's paid off, sell, and move on!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:54 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TomieG
I was also impressed by the performance compared to the e46 M3. But after owning it for a while now i've run into many hassling issues from the transmission, to the soft paint, cheap interior, exhaust rattles etc that just won't have me coming back to Infiniti.
When i was in the market i was comparing the G performance to the e46 M3 not the e92.

Originally Posted by newg37
why would anyone compare the M3 to the g37. we're talking a $34,000 car vs a $65,000 car. doesn't really seem fair now does it.

and if I had $65 grand to blow i would probably end up with a CTS-V coupe instead of the M3 or even the AMG c63. i like the M3 but probably would never own or buy it because it's just a waste of money and 99% of people don't even know what the M badge means. My friend leased a white M3 with an MSRP of $75 grand. Too the average onlooker it looks like a $40,000 car and to those who know what an M3 is he's just a poseur who could easily get by on a 328i but wants people to know he has $$$ (prev lease was an M5)

i can't even exert more than 4000 rpms on the infiniti in street driving. too much traffic, congestion and slow *** scrubs on the road. don't see why i would need a 400 or 500hp car in any real world situations.

anything higher up than the g37's performance is just ridiculous and uncalled for.

also i don't know what you mean by cheap interior. i've been inside audis, vws, lexus' and the infiniti is on par with all of those cars. again if you want more luxury go with the M37. the G coupe is a sports car.
Sure the M3 costs a whole bundle more but what you get for that is the ultimate driving machine. I had the chance to drive one around all day and i can say that i was amazed at how well rounded the car was. BMW pays extra attention to the minute details that really enhances the drivers experience.

I bought the G for its luxury/performance/bang for the buck compared to BMW but Nissan should not have opted out on the quality of materials on their 40k sports luxury coupe.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  151.5 KB

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ml#post2555424

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...issues-23.html

Granted these pics are NOT of my car but i have encountered the same problematic issues on my G that only has 20k miles on it. Unacceptable for a 40k vehicle that is marketed as a luxury sport model.

Originally Posted by Atlanta_G37S
haha this rant sounds like someone who is a little jealous of his richer counter part and is making excuses as to why they wouldnt own a M when the simple answer is beacuse they cant afford it.

Being "inside" various cars doesnt give you any sort of perspective. Try owning all those various brands you've mentioned and then draw a conclusion. I've owned mercedes, lexus, jaguar, and bmw, biggest mistake I've mad thus far was buy this infiniti.
I wouldn't say that it was my biggest mistake but i will not be a returning customer to the Infiniti line.

-Tom
Old 09-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Unique--Shining

About me I'm waiting for the new G if I didn't like it I will go for Audi :-)
Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dainjarouz
surprising to read how many of you want to keep this car for so long. i love it, but i will probably keep this for one year after it's paid off, sell, and move on!
Some die hard Infiniti G owners in here. Really is great to see!!!

Quick Reply: How long would you keep your g37?