G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

People Suck. Victim of hit and run, AGAIN.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
samrwalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry People Suck. Victim of hit and run, AGAIN.

I was in an Infiniti Dealership PARKING LOT earlier this morning, waiting at an intersection for a tahoe to go around me, instead of going around me, he turned into my driverside door. He backed up and I rolled my window down and he said "did I hit you, my car is black, how is that scrape white" and I said "of course you freaking hit me! didn't you feel that." He got out and looked at it and then he said, "hold on, let me move my car out of the way", and before I could get a picture of his plate he sped off out the back of the dealership.

Couple deep dents and mostly surface scratching, thankfully nothing worse. But i'm pissed.

The best news out of all of this is how great Crest Infiniti in Plano, TX is. They're doing there best to track down who this is alongside the police. There were extremely helpful and got my car in for the oil change I was there for ASAP and took great care of me. I'm not even from around here, just in town and needed a change, but they said they'll be in constant contact to make sure we get this resolved.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, too many morons on the roads.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:29 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Let this be a lesson. First time anyone hits you/does anything to your stuff, get their license plate first before you even assess the damage.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Zinc

I bought my first Infiniti (FX) in Tyson's Corner, VA. This is just outside of DC and very hectic traffic area. When I bought the FX, it had a tiny paint blemish they wanted to fix. I was adamant that they don't do more harm then good. At the first service, they did the paint work. When I went to pick it up I see the car and look it over prior to going inside. The service advisor asks "Looks great doesn't it?" I gave him this nasty look and say "You're kidding, right?" Not only were there runs in the paint and areas where clearcoat was screwed up but somebody hit my FX. There were two huge gouges in the rear door and fender. Don't know if it were one of their illegals or if it was someone else. Anyway, I feel for ya. It really sucks when you're not even at your home dealership. At least they are standing up for ya!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
samrwalker

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Let this be a lesson. First time anyone hits you/does anything to your stuff, get their license plate first before you even assess the damage.
yeah I know, I hadn't even gotten out of the car yet. cause his car was so close against my door. last time I was hit and run, I got the plate.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
SleepyMonkey
Registered Member

did you ask someone at the dealership if they knew who it was? It could be a customer (or someone dropping off a customer) and they could provide the name. (long shot, but I hate it when people get away with crap). It happened to me once too - spun my car around 3 times like a police PIT maneuver and then he took off
Old 07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
samrwalker

yeah i asked around the dealership. possibly a guy that was there for an interview for a job, HA. so now they are trying to decide for sure. the dealership was awesome about it. the GM came out and personally helped me with everything. hopefully they can figure out who the guy was, cause i'd press charges. Too bad hit and run isn't a felony in texas
Old 07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
And you didn't go after him? I would have chased him down to get the plate. Good luck man, it does suck. My son got a hit and run on a major interstate, some very nice woman who saw it called it in to the State Police and they nailed him days later in another State.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
samrwalker

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
And you didn't go after him? I would have chased him down to get the plate. Good luck man, it does suck. My son got a hit and run on a major interstate, some very nice woman who saw it called it in to the State Police and they nailed him days later in another State.
he pulled behind this brick wall and took off! it was in a crowded dealership lot and i had no way to immediately get it. he said he was moving his car out of the way, which he was, i got out to look and he was speeding off and i couldnt read it.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
deepFlip

Damn i feel your pain,, hopefully u could get this resolved asap. Good luck man.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
samrwalker

thanks deepflip, best of luck with your repairs also!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
aexis

Depends on where you were but over here there are traffic cameras in almost every intersection (not red-light cameras but just plain cameras that film the intersections). Try to see if there was one where he was headed off. Also of course see if any local businesses caught him in other parking lots, drive thrus. Especially gas stations (somewhat likely) or drive thrus.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
samrwalker

cops said no traffic cameras on that intersection. honestly, its not enough damage for me to spend more time and effort while on vacation. i'm just going to try and enjoy my next two days, drive home and get it fixed. i'm just thankful it's not bad and drivable
Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Clutchr6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dam no cameras at the dealership
Old 07-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Ruserious

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn dude that sucks. What a ****ing ******* move by that guy. Goodluck with everything.

Quick Reply: People Suck. Victim of hit and run, AGAIN.