G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

People Suck. Victim of hit and run, AGAIN.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 AM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by samrwalker
okay i need some advice. is there any reason that my door should not be able to be fixed completely, i mean straight. i got the car back today and it looks like trash in my opinion from the rear and front. i can obviously tell there was damage and it wasnt fixed right. they should have gotten it straight, shouldnt they?

You should be able to get the damage fixed where you cannot tell, especially since it was not a major collision. Where did you take it to?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Frankyg37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man that sucks samrwalker can u post pics THEY GOTTA fix u car right
Old 07-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Frankyg37s

Originally Posted by daone101
Im almost in the same boat. A friend backed up into the side of my car last night. Only had the car for 3 weeks and dont even have the tags yet .
please post pics maybe we ccan recommend something
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Post pics!

Sorry to hear man. I feel your anger! Next time chase them down. Seriously because if you go the legal route and get there tag after they've fled the police will go to there house and arrest them.

Miami is full of people like that. They do this on routine all day long. The ones who flee are usually ones with either no license, have a warrant or an illegal immigrant.

Yes Carma will come back to his a$$ if not the next person he hits and runs chases him down and puts him in a hospital.

Now for body shops... 85% will fck your car up! Give you cheap *** paint etc. I just got rear ended by my neighbor backing out of the driveway and I took it to the most reputable body shop in Miami "Countach" and when I got it back the rear mud guards where not installed correctly. Paint was outstanding and refit of bumper perfect, but the mud guards are fcked up! So Ill be spending the weekend removing them (3M tape with fishing line lol) and have to reinstall. why not take it back? So they wont do any further damage. If I can resolve the issue my self I will do so. Plus they had their once chance to get it right and fcked it up!

Take your car back to dealer and tell them not satisfied!!!! Your body work on your cars guys should look like factory and not one bit of overspray etc. Professional shops take parts of to spray them or coat the car with a special spray to keep the paint off if need to spray like quarter panels.

I've worked in a few body shops in the past and there famous quote is "We love to fck the insurance company". So beware that the parts they say are replaced new are exactly that. They cut corners all the time!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
daone101

Here are some pics. The repair shop said they'll have to replace the whole quarter panel.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:57 PM
samrwalker

man that sucks! sorry to hear. and yeah, im taking mine back to the shop on monday and demanding it be fixed correctly
Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Not the Quarter panel!!!!! OMG! That there would have me chase the dude down and beat him in to a wheel chair yelling citizen arrest!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:06 PM
daone101

The person who did that would be in the hospital right now execrable she us one of my best friends :/. Im not even too mad. I just feel bad for my baby Lmao
Old 07-23-2010, 01:13 AM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
I feel your pain man!

Not quite a G, but this happened to my Altima while I was at work, Home Depot. Til this day I don't know who did it, haven't a clue. I wish I had a face to imagine beating to a fine pulp!!!!!! Thing is I was parked in the back of the lot to avoid this very thing. But stupidity happens everywhere....................
Old 07-23-2010, 01:39 AM
FlState

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xcalibur
Post pics!

Sorry to hear man. I feel your anger! Next time chase them down. Seriously because if you go the legal route and get there tag after they've fled the police will go to there house and arrest them.

Miami is full of people like that. They do this on routine all day long. The ones who flee are usually ones with either no license, have a warrant or an illegal immigrant.

Yes Carma will come back to his a$$ if not the next person he hits and runs chases him down and puts him in a hospital.

Now for body shops... 85% will fck your car up! Give you cheap *** paint etc. I just got rear ended by my neighbor backing out of the driveway and I took it to the most reputable body shop in Miami "Countach" and when I got it back the rear mud guards where not installed correctly. Paint was outstanding and refit of bumper perfect, but the mud guards are fcked up! So Ill be spending the weekend removing them (3M tape with fishing line lol) and have to reinstall. why not take it back? So they wont do any further damage. If I can resolve the issue my self I will do so. Plus they had their once chance to get it right and fcked it up!

Take your car back to dealer and tell them not satisfied!!!! Your body work on your cars guys should look like factory and not one bit of overspray etc. Professional shops take parts of to spray them or coat the car with a special spray to keep the paint off if need to spray like quarter panels.

I've worked in a few body shops in the past and there famous quote is "We love to fck the insurance company". So beware that the parts they say are replaced new are exactly that. They cut corners all the time!
I've been a state trooper in Miami for a while now. I am going to have to strongly disagree with your traffic crash statement. 80% of crash hit and runs are from driving under the influence(DUI). Just fyi
Old 07-23-2010, 11:37 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by FlState
I've been a state trooper in Miami for a while now. I am going to have to strongly disagree with your traffic crash statement. 80% of crash hit and runs are from driving under the influence(DUI). Just fyi