Sponsored By:

08 Coupe issues/Infiniti Consumer Affairs

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 03:30 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 Coupe issues/Infiniti Consumer Affairs

I bought my '08 coupe the week they came out. I have 23k miles on it, and have had way too many issues with it.

There has been a rattle in the dash since day one, the exhaust has been replaced twice, driver seat replaced, BCM/battery problems 4 times, now I have the brake judder issue, brake squeal issue, and a nasty hesitation when accelerating. This is just the highlight real, and the car is sitting at the dealer right now. I decided to call Infiniti Consumer Affairs to see what they would say. I explained my issues and the response I received was basically a "so". I was very polite the whole time (even though I was starting to get pissed), yet the girl on the other end just didn't seem to care.

I am on my 3rd Infiniti now, and my family has had 6 so I am by no mean hating on them yet I am quite disappointed. Before the new G's came along and they starting selling a lot more cars, Infiniti actually used to care about the customers they had.

My love for my G has become a real love/hate relationship. It's fun, quick, good looking, comfy, etc just not very reliable. Sad when my $25k Nissan pickup blows it away in the reliability department.

Any one want to buy a lightly used '08?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lemon that bihct!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:35 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

I'd love to, 2 1/2 yrs old now though. sigh.......
Old 07-08-2010, 06:26 PM
KhaldeanHabibi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as long as you have warranty on the car u can still lemon law it and the fact that u have had so many issues i would see a lawyer that handles lemoned vech my cousin bought a 6 series from the first owner (still had warranty) and with the issues it had he got it all his money back

Last edited by KhaldeanHabibi; 11-12-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the info, fortunately CA is kind of consumer friendly so I'm going to start my research.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
jleddo

I'm with you on the Infiniti Consumer Affairs department. You'll get nothing out of them. Been there. However, Nissan has a VP of Total Customer Satisfaction. You can find him on the Nissan Corporate website. Write him. Not e-mail ... a real letter.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:21 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I will find the address and write a real letter.

I am trying my best not to let this car ruin me, but it is really annoying to have it sit at the dealer all the time. I rarely get to drive it, weekends mostly and I completely baby it. It's embarrassing trying to explain to people that my car is in for service yet again every time I get saddled with a loaner. I just wish I didn't get hit with every single service bulletin, I almost feel like I bought a first year Benz.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:31 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Update from the dealer, they need to keep the car till next week. At least they are fixing the peeling gauge cluster while they are at it
Old 07-09-2010, 05:37 PM
goadee

Originally Posted by KhaldeanHabibi
as long as you have warranty on the car u can still lemon law it and the fact that u have had so many issues i would see a lawyer that handles lemoned vech my cousin bought a 6 series from the first owner (still had warranty) and with the issues it had he got it all his money back
Not sure how that happened. When you buy a used car, you are no longer eligible for lemon law. You can file a consumer protection suit using mag-moss but only the original purchaser can turn it into lemonade.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by goadee
Not sure how that happened. When you buy a used car, you are no longer eligible for lemon law. You can file a consumer protection suit using mag-moss but only the original purchaser can turn it into lemonade.
The only thing I can think of would be a voluntary buyback because they acknowledge the car cannot be reasonably repaired, but that's unusual (putting it mildly).

Of course, anything can happen...on the Internet.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:17 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Out of the first six months of the year, my car has sat at the dealer for over 6 weeks. I travel quite often for work and have been gone 2 1/2 months otherwise the time at the dealer would have been longer.

My initial call to consumer affairs was just to voice my concerns. I did not ask for anything (money, etc). My second call to them was asking how they could help me have a reliable vehicle. Same attitude once again. I offered to let an Infiniti engineer take my car and use it as their daily driver. CA said to let the dealer drive it instead. I told them the dealer has had plenty of time to drive it already.

I hate frivolous lawsuits and at first I thought I may have been unreasonable with my expectations. I have decided to pursue the lemon law/buy back route. I really don't see any other option at this point. The thought of trading it in crossed my mind, but I should not have to pay taxes and the difference in value just to have a reliable car. Unfortunately in CA you pay full sales tax on the purchase price before the trade, so getting a new one would cost an extra $4k in taxes alone.

Oh, the dealer is doing the axle bolt tsb too...
Old 07-10-2010, 11:14 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunately in CA you pay full sales tax on the purchase price before the trade, so getting a new one would cost an extra $4k in taxes alone.

Fawking Schartzenegger , and our license fees have trippled! D*** head
Old 07-11-2010, 03:20 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by yogregb
Unfortunately in CA you pay full sales tax on the purchase price before the trade, so getting a new one would cost an extra $4k in taxes alone.

Fawking Schartzenegger , and our license fees have trippled! D*** head
yep, $4k in taxes plus an extra $600 for registration. CA sucks for car and gun owners

just ran the numbers in a loan calculator. $118.57/month for just taxes on a 4 year loan....
Old 07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Heat shields for the brake tsb are on back order with no eta.... F me in the A

Was told Consumer Affairs would contact me by the end of yesterday, they didn't.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

So I called back to CA yesterday to ask why they hadn't responded. Apparently I gave them the wrong number. I reconfirmed my cell # again and said to call anytime except for between 7-10am since I would be on a plane. Supervisor calls while I'm in the air and leaves a voicemail. So I try calling them back, leave a message and then nothing. I call the general number and the girl tells me that they are still researching my issues and will call me by the end of the day tomorrow. I asked nicely for someone to call me today since I will be busy all day tomorrow. Nothing, nada, nill, zero, zilch. I was told specifically to start the lemon law/buy back process by contacting them.

I wonder if they think I won't get mad if they keep giving me the run around. Let's see: customer calls for help, ignore him. Customer calls again, insult him and then ignore him. Customer calls a 3rd time, tell him he gave you the wrong phone number (even though I received an email from them with my phone number in it) and then ignore him some more.

Deep breath, deep breath, count to ten and relax..............

Quick Reply: 08 Coupe issues/Infiniti Consumer Affairs