G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

08 Coupe issues/Infiniti Consumer Affairs

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You are quite the patient individual my friend. I hope this all pays off for you in the end, and sorry you're having such a crappy experience w/ your G. Good luck.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:04 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My patience is pretty much all used up at this point. At least my dealer is standing behind me.

Really sucks to have it get to this point.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
When I had my issues with consumer affairs, they would only call me back at their convenience. You are apparently placed in a queue and they cal you back when they reach your name on a list. The longer the list the longer it takes for them to contact you. Once they made contact with me, they offered an acceptable resolution (for my particular case) without any fuss.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Based on your comments here and your tone, I can't help but think you are a person that deserves to be treated well, and it doesn't look that way to me so far.
Are you sure about that tax deal? I think it used to be only tax on the difference. But, they've $crewed us on everything else here in California, probably that one got past me. I wish you well, I'd go for the lemon law and stay cool headed. Please keep us posted. You say your dealer is with you on this, let us know who they are if possible. They deserve a good word if earned.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 AM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying my best to be cool/level headed about the whole thing.

CA called this morning, told the sup I was really disappointed the way the rep treated my on Friday. I then said I would like to start the lemon law/buy back process. She said it would take about 10 days to review and that I would be contacted by the department that handles that type of claim.

I really just want out of this particular car, it was just a bad build. Must have been a tuesday build after a 4 day weekend....

I though long and hard about what to replace it with. I can't think of any other car that provides the same mix of looks, lux, sportiness, etc for the same kind of money. Closest would be a 3 series, but way too much money to get something comparable, plus way too many of them in Socal already. I'd gladly take another G over anything else out there.

Parts for the brakes finally showed up today, they are going to finish up tomorrow. They haven't been able to reproduce the stalling/hesitation yet.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Small update: Dealer finished the repairs on 7/16, 10 days after I dropped it off. I finally was able to pick it up this Saturday and drove a whopping 13 miles before the lag/stall/hesitation started up again.... It is dangerous as hell when you try to pull out in traffic and the car refuses to accelerate.

The dept of Nissan North America that handles buy backs called me last week to tell me that CA had handled the situation poorly. They asked if I would be willing to let a factory engineer drive my car, to which I replied "funny you should mention that, two weeks ago I specifically asked for that to happen and your CA rep said no". Long story short, I have a meeting with an engineer on 8/4.

I refuse to drive the car, so it will sit in my garage until next week. I am not even wasting my time to drive it to the dealer for a loaner, I'll just drive my Titan.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
chinorider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently waiting on the results for a Cal. Lemon Law claim (non-Infinity). The lawyer is asking for all $$$ I have spent including registration, taxes, finance costs etc. There is a very slight mileage cost but everything else is due back to you.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 PM
KhaldeanHabibi

Originally Posted by 15951
The only thing I can think of would be a voluntary buyback because they acknowledge the car cannot be reasonably repaired, but that's unusual (putting it mildly).

Of course, anything can happen...on the Internet.

thats what the dealership ended up doing because of how many bmws are in the family and the car was in the shop 4 out of the 5 months he owned it. the car wasnted old it was only like 6 months old when he got it.

Last edited by KhaldeanHabibi; 11-12-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 AM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Had my appointment with the Nissan engineer today. Took a short 9 mile drive to try and duplicate the hesitation problem, and of course it didn't do it. Car sat parked in my garage a week and a half and it did it on the way to the dealer this morning. Go figure.

Was told they wanted to keep it for a while to put a "bunch of miles" on it. A few hours later I was told my to come pick up the car since the engineer put 22 miles on it without duplicating the problem. 22 freaking miles! Seriously, this is what I waited a month for and skipped half a day of work. Called Nissan to say I was not happy, but I was told to wait a few days for the engineer to file his report.

Picked up the car and within 8 miles it hesitated big time on a freeway on ramp. Stopped on my way home and was unable to shut the car down completely (hit the stop button and locked the door with the door handle button), went in a store and the bluetooth kept connecting. Walked back outside and noticed the radio was on and "no key" in the gauge cluster. Add the grease stains to the drivers seat (which they just replaced) and I am not a happy camper. So much for driving up to Pebble Beach this weekend for the Concours....

All hope isn't lost yet, and I have to wait for the call from the arbitration deptment, but my faith is being seriously tested.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you for the update... owners and potential buyers will want to know the outcome. I trust they will eventually make things right. Intermintant problems can be a real challenge.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 AM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Nissan arbitration just called. They are unwilling to do anything what so ever. Basically since the tech drove it 22 miles without incident, the problem doesn't exist. If it were something minor, I would be okay with being blown off. When it affects my safety, then I have a problem with it. They told me to contact the better business bureau...

I am shocked that they are taking this so lightly, it is completely unacceptable. I am filing a claim with the NHTSA, and contacting a lawyer(not the route I wanted to take).

The dealer is Cerritos Infiniti, and they have been great.

PS if you see an 08 Coupe for sale, don't buy it if the vin ends with 103436

UPDATE: NHTSA Complaint #10347443

Found someone else on there having the same issue, see Complaint #10324623

Last edited by bluecoupe; 08-05-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-05-2010, 09:48 PM
jleddo

The BBB solution is typical of what Infiniti will tell you. Did you write the Nissan VP of Customer Satisfaction? Here ya go ...
Kevin Martin
Vice President, Total Customer Satisfaction
Nissan North America, Inc.
Right from their website.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 AM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Yes, I did write a letter voicing my concerns. Hopefully some good will come from it.

I did have a consult with a law firm that specializes in lemon law/buy backs and with just the basics I provided, they feel I have a strong case.

I have tried my best to be patient, calm, etc. through this, but I honestly believe Nissan/Infiniti does not care about me and my safety. I truly wish they would have handled this differently.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:37 AM
chinorider

Contact William R. McGee - Lemon Law Attorney, (800) 647-8127. He is in Sand Diego

He is currently handling a Calif. Lemon Law claim for me (non-Infiniti)....really good !!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:44 AM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

I'm convinced now that they are trying to kill me.

Drove the car, after verbal assurances from Infiniti Consumer Affairs that it was safe to do so (they refused to put it in writing) and a whole slew of problems came up. VDC and SLIP lights came on while driving for no reason, tire pressure monitor warning light started flashing and then went to solid, etc, ad naseum. Seriously? Wtf is wrong with this car? I can't drive 30 miles without several problems.

I had a friend at a local auto repair shop pull the wheels to check the brake repairs that were performed under the TSB. Somehow they managed to damage the paint on the front callipers. The rubber caps for the bleeders are completley cracked and they just left it that way.

Infiniti has refused my request for what their engineer checked/tested on my car. I was told to contact the dealer for "tech notes", even though it was a factory representative who performed the inspection.

I have taken pictures with time & date stamps documenting everything.

Word to the wise: Any time you have a service order written up, make sure they use your words not theirs. Keep a copy of the original, since the work order submitted to the factory will be different. Case in point at approximately 5k miles I complained of excessive noise from the front end under braking. The final invoice shows "perform tire balance" which they (mission viejo) charged me for.

Quick Reply: 08 Coupe issues/Infiniti Consumer Affairs