Not getting any looks

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by w1tness23
I dont care if ya all got your own opinions,
Let's face it, you do actually. You made an account just to come and reply to everyone on here
Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Arvig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
Not sure why that would crack you up. Not everybody gets a boner for the type of modding that you like. Personally, I think some cars are modded to the point that they are tacky. But hey, we're all different and there's really nothing wrong with leaving your car bone stock, modding it to an extreme, or anywhere in between....
QFT: I've seen some modded cars that I like, but for me leaving my G37x coupe stock is perfectly fine. The only thing I MIGHT change would beene going to a black grill instead of chrome. But maybe not, I want to see if a new generation comes out in 2012, and if so if I like it more, then go from there. Maybe I'm too frugal/cheap, but I can't see modding a car (even if I was so inclined) that I might be trading in 2 or 3 years from now if I like the next generation of G's.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:04 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have to agree with some of the other replies. Your Z looked better with the other wheels and the wing has to go.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:57 AM
w1tness23

Originally Posted by movinon
I have to agree with some of the other replies. Your Z looked better with the other wheels and the wing has to go.
Naw i think my car is perfect the way it is and im not gettin rid of the wing. The wheels look great to me. Never asked for opinions but i guess ppl assumed that i did. Thanks for your critiques though.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:37 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Naw i think my car is perfect the way it is and im not gettin rid of the wing. The wheels look great to me. Never asked for opinions but i guess ppl assumed that i did. Thanks for your critiques though.
YOU didn't have to ask for opinions. Your brother is the one who asked for them...

Either way any time pictures of a car go up obviously people are going to give their opinion
Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I give you credit. Granted, you did create an account to "defend" something of which you're really proud, which, in some ways, contradicts your statement that you don't care about anyone else's opinions, but I think you have handled the criticism better than some might.

To be honest, I have been following this thread simply because of how foolish it seems - a kid (I'm assuming the OP is relatively young) wanting to modify his car to "keep up" with his brother's car. Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me, but it's certainly entertaining . But, really, when you modify your car from stock, you open yourself up to insult and affront. That insolence only becomes magnified when pictures are posted on the internet. I think you just have to remain in-touch with reality and realize that some people will love your car and some will hate it. Then some will just comment negatively because they can...

Although your car is not exactly my taste, I applaud you on your efforts and can respect the time, money, and energy that went into it. Anyone who knows cars, will give a Z (or a G) with authentic Volk's a second look...
Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

^^well said
Old 07-01-2010, 10:51 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Although your car is not exactly my taste, I applaud you on your efforts and can respect the time, money, and energy that went into it. Anyone who knows cars, will give a Z (or a G) with authentic Volk's a second look...
Seconded, It's pretty obvious Volks are a better fit with the cars look unless you wear dress shoes on a marathon.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 PM
w1tness23

I give you credit. Granted, you did create an account to "defend" something of which you're really proud, which, in some ways, contradicts your statement that you don't care about anyone else's opinions, but I think you have handled the criticism better than some might.

To be honest, I have been following this thread simply because of how foolish it seems - a kid (I'm assuming the OP is relatively young) wanting to modify his car to "keep up" with his brother's car. Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me, but it's certainly entertaining . But, really, when you modify your car from stock, you open yourself up to insult and affront. That insolence only becomes magnified when pictures are posted on the internet. I think you just have to remain in-touch with reality and realize that some people will love your car and some will hate it. Then some will just comment negatively because they can...

Well said. Also this is a g37 forum lol so probably not the best place for a z even though there are z's on here the majority is obviously ppl who love the g. This is a pretty good forum though some good feedback on here. I also agree with the fact that my brother doesnt need mods other maybe lowering or maybe a lip kit and tints. I guess he wants black wheels too but i liek the stock wheels.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
^ That's not true, I admire a nicely modded Z and so do most on the people here, most of which came from Z's anyways.

Most of us are on the Z forums as well, I don't know why you keep assuming people are always "hating", this isn't a BMW forum man haha
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

lol just b/c people have different opinions and likes than you doesnt mean they are hating...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Ghotboy

Cool

I have a tinted out white 09 g37s dropped on eibachs with vossen 082s and i get compliments all the time/ catch people staring in traffic etc

Plus I think our cars (which are already naturally pure sex) when modded right like mine look sooooo sexy and much better than some 100k cars out there on the road.

Ill post pics of my ride today just waxed her!!
DOMO
Old 07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
koa789

Originally Posted by Ghotboy
when modded right like mine look sooooo sexy and much better than some 100k cars out there on the road.

DOMO
That's a stretch, and I'll give you some cars, like the 7 series BMW, but there is no coupe over 100k that doesn't look better than a G37 lol
Old 07-02-2010, 04:12 PM
w1tness23

Originally Posted by koa789
That's a stretch, and I'll give you some cars, like the 7 series BMW, but there is no coupe over 100k that doesn't look better than a G37 lol
lol true r8,benz cls, lambos just to name a few.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:15 PM
w1tness23

I posted the pictures to make a clear distinction from what was in tokyo drift because apparently that cars pictures were being posted and to me that wasnt the direction i was goin with.